post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 11:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I have no idea about the Gorical, but W built his the year he became President, I believe.
I just read the details on the Crawford Ranch. Bought in 1999 and refirbed a ranch house and built a new home on 1600 acres.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 11:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Inconvenient Details

So really all you have to do is READ to determine that some numbers just don't add up. A couple of examples to the national story.

The Tennessean Newspaper out of Nashville made a request to the local area Utilities to get the ACTUAL utility bills for Gore's home in Nashville. While still too damned high they are as follows. Electric: 2006 average 1180MO. Gas 2006 average 1080MO or $2260MO. That would have been just as easy to type as 2400 don't you think?

Gore Home 2260 per month Electric and Gas per Tennessean 2/27/07
Average Nashville Home 243.01 per month Electric and Gas
That would be 9.3X, NOT 20X - also note the Gore home is 10,000sqft, the average Nashville home is 2400sqft.

Also the National OUTING of the wasteful Gore did not mention that they have been fighting to get ZONING changes to install solar and passive heating/cooling units for the past 4 years but only got the zoning laws changed this year.

Amazing how folks just look at figures and assume that they are correct even though they don't literally add up.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
^Stupid neocons can't do anything for themselves.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
So really all you have to do is READ to determine that some numbers just don't add up. A couple of examples to the national story.

The Tennessean Newspaper out of Nashville made a request to the local area Utilities to get the ACTUAL utility bills for Gore's home in Nashville. While still too damned high they are as follows. Electric: 2006 average 1180MO. Gas 2006 average 1080MO or $2260MO. That would have been just as easy to type as 2400 don't you think?

That would be 9.3X, NOT 20X - also note the Gore home is 10,000sqft, the average Nashville home is 2400sqft.

Also the National OUTING of the wasteful Gore did not mention that they have been fighting to get ZONING changes to install solar and passive heating/cooling units for the past 4 years but only got the zoning laws changed this year.

Amazing how folks just look at figures and assume that they are correct even though they don't literally add up.
Methinks the article said the average American home, and the 20X thing is natural gas consumption. I copied and pasted from the website that validated it as largely true, but just like all political propaganda, I'm sure there's exaggerations. The conclusion isn't changed, though.

Oh, and he can move to a more eco-friendly neighborhood and build his dream-green house.

post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Actually, I think Gore would congratulate Bush for having built such an energy efficient home. And, he may take some ideas from it and try to upgrade his family estate.

We have gone through this before. Gore's home is also his place of work, and the place of work for his wife, their support staff and a few government issued security agents. Add Bush's energy consumption at the White House, or his office when he leaves the White House, to his home numbers to make an accurate comparison.

But, there is nothing bad about Bush having an energy efficient home. Jim
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 06:50 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
GIVE ME A BREAK!, Guys! It is truly amazing what a DemLib will go through to try to defend their Global Warming hero.

Can you say 'Hypocrite? Gore is the biggest hypocrite ever to surface from the environmental movement. He typifies the true liberal: They want laws for everyone else but their work/play is too important for the laws to apply to them.

If Gore believed any of that man-made global warming bullshit that he seeks to spoon feed me and is eaten by 75% of the members on this forum, he wouldn't own the damn place to begin with! And he'd get rid of the other two houses he owns and move into one modest dwelling mirroring the average house in Nashville. It is just him and his wife for screaming out loud! WTF does this piss head need with a home that size? Where is the outrage among you left wingers? If it were any 'neocon' doing this shit, you'd be ripping stitches to get at their throats!

If a person truly believes that the climate change is man-made, then they should live THEIR life as if it is, but don't expect me to buy into it and force me to live in a manner in which Gore refuses to live. We all have choices and if you expect others to follow in your example, then you should lead by example. Liberals are incapable of understanding this concept. That is why they're known as the national hypocritic party. Gore being caught in his web of shit is just like Jimmy Swaggart getting caught with that whore after outing Jim Baker and his suckretary.

If I were a democrat and subscribed to the theory that global warming is man-made, I'd be livid with this prick.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
I don't believe so, I just think there are math and National Averages issues that need addressed if the statement is to stand on its on merits. Right now it fails the ol logic test.
I think the fault is with the assumption that the average home is 3,200 sq. ft. That aside, a vast majority of middle-class people (those with household incomes less than $100,000/yr) have utility bills that are probably right around $120/month. Mine's even very close to that, as is my rental property.
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:

Oh, well it's only 9 times the local average. That changes everything. What were we complaining about! Why are we picking on Gore!?!?! It's not like he's spanning the globe...in a private.....jet........telling people to reduce their 'carbon footprint'..........

Hoo boy....
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 08:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
I think the fault is with the assumption that the average home is 3,200 sq. ft. That aside, a vast majority of middle-class people (those with household incomes less than $100,000/yr) have utility bills that are probably right around $120/month. Mine's even very close to that, as is my rental property.
We keep our total monthly bill under $150. Ol' Dad wanders the hosue switching-off lights in empty rooms, keeps the summer temp at 75F and winder temp at 68F, opens winders on comfy days and buttons-up tighter than an old-maid's ass on uncomfy days. Have those little fluorescent bumb thingies I bought a couple of yrs ago at Harbor Freight, I exhaust excess heat from laundry, bathroom & kitchen to out-of-doors and have insulated my H&AC.

It's easy and save a lot of money.

House is average size in average neighborhood, inhabitated by extraordinary people. Gore & Bush: Eat your hearts out.
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 09:00 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '04 E320 AWD
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
^Stupid neocons can't do anything for themselves.
Yeah! You tell 'em. Wow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in