She's Got Balls - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,259
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I believe that's SENIOR elected official and Speaker if my limited research is correct.
I'm a young guy, but I didn't think it was in the perview of legislators to go on whirlwind "diplomatic" tours of the planet, especially as representatives of this nation and it's foreign policies. Maybe I'm mistaken...of course, several hundred/thousand people at the State Department might be surprised to learn they've been made redundant. I know one ambassador in particular who must be livid at the thought...but hey, what do they know.

I'm sure Ms. Pelosi is fully briefed in diplomatic protocol, the histories and backgrounds of the countries & players, and has cultivated a relationship in which they don't view her as a fun little remote control toy.

My grandpa and his brother used to play a game with me when I was four or five. They'd whisper in my ear, "Tell Uncle Ernie he's ugly!", which I'd laughingly do. The other would then whisper "Tell your grandpa he's double-ugly!", which I'd again do. It was entertaining for everyone involved...and I think that's basically what we're witnessing with Ms. Pelosi's latest trip outside her wheelhouse. Of course, even at four years old, I knew I was part of a joke...
Qubes is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 03:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
old300D's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
I'm a young guy, but I didn't think it was in the perview of legislators to go on whirlwind "diplomatic" tours of the planet, especially as representatives of this nation and it's foreign policies. Maybe I'm mistaken...of course, several hundred/thousand people at the State Department might be surprised to learn they've been made redundant. I know one ambassador in particular who must be livid at the thought...but hey, what do they know.

I'm sure Ms. Pelosi is fully briefed in diplomatic protocol, the histories and backgrounds of the countries & players, and has cultivated a relationship in which they don't view her as a fun little remote control toy.

My grandpa and his brother used to play a game with me when I was four or five. They'd whisper in my ear, "Tell Uncle Ernie he's ugly!", which I'd laughingly do. The other would then whisper "Tell your grandpa he's double-ugly!", which I'd again do. It was entertaining for everyone involved...and I think that's basically what we're witnessing with Ms. Pelosi's latest trip outside her wheelhouse. Of course, even at four years old, I knew I was part of a joke...
You are mistaken. Bush's path of ignoring your enemies only makes more, and there are some in the leadership of this country who actually want to talk to others and find out how to make things better for all. It's simple, Bush is afraid to engage in communication and diplomacy; he's an insecure emotionally wounded little boy.

OBK #35

old300D is offline  
post #83 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 04:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
She's Got Balls for brains! And I'll bet I know someone who would like to get her hands on them...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #84 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '04 E320 AWD
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
You are mistaken. Bush's path of ignoring your enemies only makes more, and there are some in the leadership of this country who actually want to talk to others and find out how to make things better for all. It's simple, Bush is afraid to engage in communication and diplomacy; he's an insecure emotionally wounded little boy.
You're right - all of Bush's policies that you don't agree with are the result of the psycholigical damage he suffered as a child. That explains everything. No need to think, just call him names and compare him to a child. I am currently rethinking all of my positions and opinions because of your comment.

But more importantly, whatever you think of Bush's policies, a speaker of the House (of either party) is not a diplomatic officer of the United States government. She overstepped her role, embarassed herself doing it (when Israel corrected her) and encouraged our adversaries in the region.
dorfman24 is offline  
post #85 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfman24
You're right - all of Bush's policies that you don't agree with are the result of the psycholigical damage he suffered as a child. That explains everything. No need to think, just call him names and compare him to a child. I am currently rethinking all of my positions and opinions because of your comment.

But more importantly, whatever you think of Bush's policies, a speaker of the House (of either party) is not a diplomatic officer of the United States government. She overstepped her role, embarassed herself doing it (when Israel corrected her) and encouraged our adversaries in the region.
Ah yes, how could we not listen to Israel? Shame on her
I think when she gets back home maybe AIPAC will slap her with a fine
If I were here I would start kissing ass before the smear builds up momentum
DP is offline  
post #86 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
old300D's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfman24
You're right - all of Bush's policies that you don't agree with are the result of the psycholigical damage he suffered as a child. That explains everything. No need to think, just call him names and compare him to a child. I am currently rethinking all of my positions and opinions because of your comment.

But more importantly, whatever you think of Bush's policies, a speaker of the House (of either party) is not a diplomatic officer of the United States government. She overstepped her role, embarassed herself doing it (when Israel corrected her) and encouraged our adversaries in the region.
Maybe the issue is that I DO think. Too much evidently, but it's Bush's policies, yes, all of them, that don't work. And to keep pursuing them, in that light, is purely insane. The hallmark of insecurity.

OBK #35

old300D is offline  
post #87 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:11 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '04 E320 AWD
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Ah yes, how could we not listen to Israel? Shame on her
I think when she gets back home maybe AIPAC will slap her with a fine
If I were here I would start kissing ass before the smear builds up momentum
I'm not saying that she should toe Israel's line. She represented that Israel asked her to tell Syria that it was interested in resuming peace talks; that was not true. Her fault is either dishonest (doubtful), foolish (yes), and/or born of ignorance of diplomatic norms (probably). Which is why she should not be a diplomat.

Israel told her they "desire peace," which is a football field away from "we want to resume peace talks." One is an objective or goal, the other is a strategem. Pelosi is clearly unable to discern the distinction.
dorfman24 is offline  
post #88 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,926
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Yup, dorfman24 is right --> " "

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #89 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:14 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '04 E320 AWD
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
Maybe the issue is that I DO think. Too much evidently, but it's Bush's policies, yes, all of them, that don't work. And to keep pursuing them, in that light, is purely insane. The hallmark of insecurity.
So, according to your post, anyone who agrees with ONE or more Bush policy (and hence disagrees with you) cannot, or does not, think. Huh.

And anyone who agrees with ONE or more Bush policy and thus advocates pursuing them is, um, insane.

Do you see why that is not persuasive?
dorfman24 is offline  
post #90 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 05:16 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: '04 E320 AWD
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Yup, dorfman24 is right --> " "
Thank you, GermanStar.
dorfman24 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Guts and Balls........ Texas Off-Topic 2 11-09-2006 10:34 AM
    You think you have BALLS? jupiterpbc Off-Topic 4 04-10-2006 04:35 PM
    She's 37, he's 15, she's carrying his baby, they're to be wed, it's all so sweet... Check Codes Off-Topic 3 12-14-2005 03:17 PM
    goot balls!! theboss Off-Topic 0 07-13-2005 03:59 AM
    Where's Ellen? She's been awefully quiet. I wonder what she's up to. Norb R170 SLK-Class 0 06-03-2002 11:49 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome