post #41 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 06:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman
Oh, you're right, I see the light now. I trust them unequivocably. Do you?
The only word for your outlook is childish. Who makes the first move? Is this some kind of teenage romance for you? "I'm not calling her, she has to call me!" Grow up. The present "do as I say or I will shun you" foriegn policy isn't very effective. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
NPR had a story this afternoon stating that the Iranian president released the British hostages because it coincided with Mohammed's birthday. If the Iranians are not Arabs (and I agree they are not, they consider themselves as caucasian - what a joke) then the obvious conclusion is that they were influenced by an Arabic cause, or nation, to be so "generous".
You could only make a stupid statement like that if you don't know the difference between Arabs and Muslims. Mohammed is a prophet of Islam, and that has NOTHING to do with being Arab or Persian or caucasian for that matter. Iran is a Shiite Islamic country.

OBK #35

post #43 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikmann
NPR had a story this afternoon stating that the Iranian president released the British hostages because it coincided with Mohammed's birthday. If the Iranians are not Arabs (and I agree they are not, they consider themselves as caucasian - what a joke) then the obvious conclusion is that they were influenced by an Arabic cause, or nation, to be so "generous".
Iranians are not Arabs, they are Aryans, you heard me right, that's where the word Aryan originated from.
They were conquered by the Arabs and adopted Islam as their religion but there are still Iranians that are Zoroastrians and even have some Jews. The Arabs are a small minority in Iran.
post #44 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
You could only make a stupid statement like that if you don't know the difference between Arabs and Muslims. Mohammed is a prophet of Islam, and that has NOTHING to do with being Arab or Persian or caucasian for that matter. Iran is a Shiite Islamic country.
OK old300D, I stand corrected. But I do object to you calling me stupid. Who are you my friend, Einstein? Based on some of your other irrational and misinformed statements, I think not.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #45 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Iranians are not Arabs, they are Aryans, you heard me right, that's where the word Aryan originated from.
They were conquered by the Arabs and adopted Islam as their religion but there are still Iranians that are Zoroastrians and even have some Jews. The Arabs are a small minority in Iran.
Thank you Professor for the learned information.

post #46 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
One last thing old300D

I just discovered this handy little tool called "Ignore". You are now added to the list, and since you think I'm stupid, I encourage you to ignore me as well. You can find the option in your Control Panel.

Enjoy your arrogance.

Last edited by Musikmann; 04-04-2007 at 07:31 PM.
post #47 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:26 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
The only word for your outlook is childish. Who makes the first move? Is this some kind of teenage romance for you? "I'm not calling her, she has to call me!" Grow up. The present "do as I say or I will shun you" foriegn policy isn't very effective. Jim
That's rich. Grow up, he says, trust everybody, even those whose actions speak volumes. I'm sure if they tell us they've changed their ways, it must be true.
Don't be so naïve.

post #48 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
musikmann, don't take it personal, old300d was just saying that your statement was stupid not you, I think there is a big difference. I have many stupid statements under my belt I will admit so relax, that's what debating is all about.
In my opinion your statement was not stupid but it was ill informed because our media makes sure that we don't get the picture. The bottom line is that if we are always in learning mode we can always brush away the bs from the media and find out what the world is about.
post #49 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman
That's rich. Grow up, he says, trust everybody, even those whose actions speak volumes. I'm sure if they tell us they've changed their ways, it must be true.
Don't be so naïve.
Syria is not about to change its ways if we keep playing Bush's game.
Syria is not going to change overnight either but it needs an honest overture that is not backed by some interest or a one sided approach to most ME issues as we have become known for. If we address the issues with honesty from our part which we have NEVER really done in years maybe they will become honest. Give peace a chance dude
post #50 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
musikmann, don't take it personal, old300d was just saying that your statement was stupid not you, I think there is a big difference. I have many stupid statements under my belt I will admit so relax, that's what debating is all about.
In my opinion your statement was not stupid but it was ill informed because our media makes sure that we don't get the picture. The bottom line is that if we are always in learning mode we can always brush away the bs from the media and find out what the world is about.
Thank you Professor, and I will admit that I'm a bit thin-skinned when it comes to a general statement about my IQ (and also that he said I made a stupid statement, not that I am stupid). I happen to know that it is quite high (98th percentile) and since being made aware of that, the term "stupid" as it is applied to me in any form, makes my blood boil.

I stand by my earlier statements to old300D however; he can FO as far as I'm concerned. I don't recall anything he has said here that I would consider memorable.

There is also a concept known as good manners, and I think the ahole was raised in a barn. When I happen to see (IF I take him off ignore just for giggles) that he has apologized, then MAYBE I will choose to read his inane babbles again.

End of story for now, and kindly GTH old300D with my blessings.

Last edited by Musikmann; 04-04-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in