House of Representatives considering French as official language - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 05:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
Let Bush do it. Why should Congress? It's plain that Bush doesn't want their interference. Why escalate the rhetoric any more than it already has?
Good point, Chihuahua. Let Dubyuh do the things that might help a trusted ally and let the Speaker suck the cock of the nearest dictator in the area that supports terrorism.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 06:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Yeah, she's real timid. She's going to Syria next week, fucknuts.
Who was that other female who visisted a hositle country......OH YEAH Jane Fonda!!!!! See was a real asset to ending violence too!!

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 07:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Let's hope she has some opportunities to be photographed with the dentist and inherited president for life of Syria. I'm proud that she's going to make a public display of going to Syria. It's important. For the children.
We all know that making any attempt to end useless bloodshed is something that meets with your disapproval. Tsk, tsk on her for daring to speak to one of the parties that might be of some help. Shame on her. How dare she violate Bush's policy of not speaking to anyone. Talk is so dangerous.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 07:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Who was that other female who visisted a hositle country......OH YEAH Jane Fonda!!!!! See was a real asset to ending violence too!!
I was not aware that we are at war with Syria. Perhaps it happened whilst I slept the night. I will check the news.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 07:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Good point, Chihuahua. Let Dubyuh do the things that might help a trusted ally and let the Speaker suck the cock of the nearest dictator in the area that supports terrorism.

B
Good point, buttsniff. Let Dubyah take his daily bloodbath.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 08:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
I have checked the daily news. To my relief, I discovered that we are not at war with Syria, so the chances of Pelosi aiming an anti aircraft gun are slim. In fact, I found that there is a Republican congressman accompanying her. In addition, I found that there is a US Embassy in Syria,open and operating, an odd thing for a country you think we are at war with. If only the US Embassy in Tokyo has spoke up more during WWII, or the one in Hanoi.

Hear the truth: under our small-r republican form of government, it is the US Congress that gathers facts for the people. As part of their job, they have the right to do just that. They cannot negotiate or sign treaties, but they can, (and have in the past), investigate, talk to opposing parties and do whatever is necessary to gather the facts for the people. Giving the fact that this administration that you fellows worship is full of lies and perjury, from WMDs to US Attorneys, that seems like a damn good idea to the millions of us who are sick to death of you all. The GOP Bridge-to-Nowhere Congress did their job so well they got kicked the fuck out. Now it is time for grownups to do their jobs. I for one am looking forward to hearing from a bipartisam delegation their interpretation of what Assad has to say. We damn sure won't get the truth from your bastards.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 03-31-2007 at 08:11 AM.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
We all know that making any attempt to end useless bloodshed is something that meets with your disapproval. Tsk, tsk on her for daring to speak to one of the parties that might be of some help. Shame on her. How dare she violate Bush's policy of not speaking to anyone. Talk is so dangerous.
Just like you, I'm sure she is doing it with the best of intentions. I cannot imagine that any politician would, for partisan political gain, engage in talks with a regime that is hostile to the USA and our allies. That would be despicable, wouldn't it?

B
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I have checked the daily news. To my relief, I discovered that we are not at war with Syria, so the chances of Pelosi aiming an anti aircraft gun are slim. ......
Too bad.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 04:41 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2007
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
French women are cool.

240Joe
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Published on Saturday, March 31, 2007 by The Guardian/UK
Call That Humiliation?
No hoods. No electric shocks. No beatings. These Iranians Clearly Are a Very Uncivilised Bunch
by Terry Jones

I share the outrage expressed in the British press over the treatment of our naval personnel accused by Iran of illegally entering their waters. It is a disgrace. We would never dream of treating captives like this - allowing them to smoke cigarettes, for example, even though it has been proven that smoking kills. And as for compelling poor servicewoman Faye Turney to wear a black headscarf, and then allowing the picture to be posted around the world - have the Iranians no concept of civilised behaviour? For God’s sake, what’s wrong with putting a bag over her head? That’s what we do with the Muslims we capture: we put bags over their heads, so it’s hard to breathe. Then it’s perfectly acceptable to take photographs of them and circulate them to the press because the captives can’t be recognised and humiliated in the way these unfortunate British service people are.

It is also unacceptable that these British captives should be made to talk on television and say things that they may regret later. If the Iranians put duct tape over their mouths, like we do to our captives, they wouldn’t be able to talk at all. Of course they’d probably find it even harder to breathe - especially with a bag over their head - but at least they wouldn’t be humiliated.

And what’s all this about allowing the captives to write letters home saying they are all right? It’s time the Iranians fell into line with the rest of the civilised world: they should allow their captives the privacy of solitary confinement. That’s one of the many privileges the US grants to its captives in Guantánamo Bay.

The true mark of a civilised country is that it doesn’t rush into charging people whom it has arbitrarily arrested in places it’s just invaded. The inmates of Guantánamo, for example, have been enjoying all the privacy they want for almost five years, and the first inmate has only just been charged. What a contrast to the disgraceful Iranian rush to parade their captives before the cameras!

What’s more, it is clear that the Iranians are not giving their British prisoners any decent physical exercise. The US military make sure that their Iraqi captives enjoy PT. This takes the form of exciting “stress positions”, which the captives are expected to hold for hours on end so as to improve their stomach and calf muscles. A common exercise is where they are made to stand on the balls of their feet and then squat so that their thighs are parallel to the ground. This creates intense pain and, finally, muscle failure. It’s all good healthy fun and has the bonus that the captives will confess to anything to get out of it.

And this brings me to my final point. It is clear from her TV appearance that servicewoman Turney has been put under pressure. The newspapers have persuaded behavioural psychologists to examine the footage and they all conclude that she is “unhappy and stressed”.

What is so appalling is the underhand way in which the Iranians have got her “unhappy and stressed”. She shows no signs of electrocution or burn marks and there are no signs of beating on her face. This is unacceptable. If captives are to be put under duress, such as by forcing them into compromising sexual positions, or having electric shocks to their genitals, they should be photographed, as they were in Abu Ghraib. The photographs should then be circulated around the civilised world so that everyone can see exactly what has been going on.

As Stephen Glover pointed out in the Daily Mail, perhaps it would not be right to bomb Iran in retaliation for the humiliation of our servicemen, but clearly the Iranian people must be made to suffer - whether by beefing up sanctions, as the Mail suggests, or simply by getting President Bush to hurry up and invade, as he intends to anyway, and bring democracy and western values to the country, as he has in Iraq.

Terry Jones is a film director, actor and Python
Terry-Jones.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in