LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Congrats to you all for missing many points.
Helen Clarke (New Zealand prime minister) is a politician of renowned ability - she knows that lip service to an US President ends in a mere 'Lewinsky' mouthful of later disavowment and rejection.
However, local PC politics are such that her government will use ' Parliamentary Urgency' next Wednesday as an an excuse to force through a law to criminalise parents who smack their babies bum (for being naughty).
You can you see from the article photo in my first post how she visually wants to spank your boss however.
George B junior looks 'stuffed' in the same photo - naughty boy.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 03:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2005
Vehicle: 1993 300SEL (Sold) 2001 530i
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpton
Congrats to you all for missing many points.
Helen Clarke (New Zealand prime minister) is a politician of renowned ability - she knows that lip service to an US President ends in a mere 'Lewinsky' mouthful of later disavowment and rejection.
However, local PC politics are such that her government will use ' Parliamentary Urgency' next Wednesday as an an excuse to force through a law to criminalise parents who smack their babies bum (for being naughty).
You can you see from the article photo in my first post how she visually wants to spank your boss however.
George B junior looks 'stuffed' in the same photo - naughty boy.....
Funny thing is that by 2008 both the US and NZ will have new leaders and John Key will be the next NZ PM to be at the white house. So quite what the point of her trip was I have no idea, we're not even on the free trade list despite supporting them in Afganistan since 2001 and Iraq for some reconstruction in the south with the British. If I were Helen Clark I would have demanded to see some food on my plate for that.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 03:31 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
here ya'r
Attached Images

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 04:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Benz
Funny thing is that by 2008 both the US and NZ will have new leaders and John Key will be the next NZ PM to be at the white house. So quite what the point of her trip was I have no idea, we're not even on the free trade list despite supporting them in Afganistan since 2001 and Iraq for some reconstruction in the south with the British. If I were Helen Clark I would have demanded to see some food on my plate for that.
But you miss another point:
It's just silly to regard Clarke and Bush as irrelevent based on future elections in either country - posturing has always been a vital part of international politics, as has personal nest feathering.

Modern media reporting of leaders meetings is mutually 'cock suck' when convenient...hand shake..honest rapport...lay a wreath at the cemetery...discreetly wipe hosts dog shit off shoes...etc.

Free trade with the US - who gives a fuck,...what the hell does NZ seek/need to buy cheaper that is US made and that can't be sourced cheaper elsewhere?.

A billion plus China population that is only half as far away as the US has offered NZ a world first free trade opportunity.
So long as Bluff oysters stay off the agenda I'll go along with the idea!.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 04:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 SE
here ya'r
But for US arse licking heel polish, Australian PM Howard outshines all eh!.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 05:04 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^^^

No argument here!

Another country with a soon new 'leader' who is also no friend of shrub.

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 06:37 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
But for US arse licking heel polish, Australian PM Howard outshines all eh!.
LOL well he can gobble a Yard down in 11 seconds , so 6 inches takes him not time
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-23-2007, 03:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
But you miss another point:
It's just silly to regard Clarke and Bush as irrelevent based on future elections in either country - posturing has always been a vital part of international politics, as has personal nest feathering.

Modern media reporting of leaders meetings is mutually 'cock suck' when convenient...hand shake..honest rapport...lay a wreath at the cemetery...discreetly wipe hosts dog shit off shoes...etc.

Free trade with the US - who gives a fuck,...what the hell does NZ seek/need to buy cheaper that is US made and that can't be sourced cheaper elsewhere?.

A billion plus China population that is only half as far away as the US has offered NZ a world first free trade opportunity.
So long as Bluff oysters stay off the agenda I'll go along with the idea!.
As we're such an open country already in terms of trade any free trade for us is good trade. It would mostly benefit our primary exporters, we're pretty much at the wim of the EU commission and the Chinese don't consume a huge amount of daiy product. I don't think in this case posturing will do a damn bit of use any administration that comes in after Bush will be looking to distance themselves from pretty much whatever policy he has, America might then not even consider the Pacific important as they seem to now.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
NZBenz: Through geographical good luck, NZ has HUGE ocean area resources available for exploration in particular the 'Great south Basin' (I think it's called), where past exploratory drilling for oil has produced encouraging results I believe. Imagine if Cullen were to invest some of the superannuation Billions into such research and it paid off with a huge oil field find!....
.....except for the maoris claiming full ownership and entitlement to it, and the Greens opposing ANYthing to do with harvesting it, that is.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-24-2007, 01:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
NZBenz: Through geographical good luck, NZ has HUGE ocean area resources available for exploration in particular the 'Great south Basin' (I think it's called), where past exploratory drilling for oil has produced encouraging results I believe. Imagine if Cullen were to invest some of the superannuation Billions into such research and it paid off with a huge oil field find!....
.....except for the maoris claiming full ownership and entitlement to it, and the Greens opposing ANYthing to do with harvesting it, that is.
Yea they have been looking for oil off the coast of Stewart Island and the South Island for years and years but they only ever seem to find light oil, a decent oil find we could become quite a wealthy nation indeed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in