Coulterism, the new tactic of the Far Right on Benzworld - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:12 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I thought dklein was in charge of inventing strange new languages in BWOT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
ef-tee-el-itribe?

OK. How about "feelacious".

Tending to use emotion to mislead or deceive.

"His penchant for making feelacious comments made him untrustworthy."
We first need to establish the proper pronunciation of FTL. Is it

ef-tee-el
fiddle
fetal
fatal
or
eftal?

Eftalacious kinda works.......

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:23 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
We first need to establish the proper pronunciation of FTL. Is it

ef-tee-el
fiddle
fetal
fatal
or
eftal?

Eftalacious kinda works.......

Isn't it 'filthily' according to Guru Gwij (RFC)?
post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
This is great -- pretty soon BW will have it's own official language.
No kidding, this is great stuff!

Neoconation: A state in which everything is right with the right and nothing is left for the left.
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 06:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
I thought dklein was in charge of inventing strange new languages in BWOT.
Why did he get banned?
post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Aw you guys! I knew all yooz was needin' was a little bit of Haute Cuolture. When argument wont win, go for personal insult! That's a tune all of you know.

Now you know what this means when somebody brings her name into a conversation don't you?

It's Coulter Time!

IN WASHINGTON, IT'S ALWAYS THE YEAR OF THE RAT
March 14, 2007

Democrats have leapt on reports of mold, rats and bureaucratic hurdles at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as further proof of President George Bush's failed war policies.

To the contrary, the problems at Walter Reed are further proof of the Democrats' failed domestic policies — to wit, the civil service rules that prevent government employees from ever being fired. (A policy that also may account for Robert Byrd's longevity as a U.S. senator.)

Thanks to the Democrats, government employees have the world's most complicated set of job protection rules outside of the old East Germany. Oddly enough, this has not led to a dynamic workforce in the nation's capital.

Noticeably, the problems at Walter Reed are not with the doctors or medical care. The problems are with basic maintenance at the facility.

Unless U.S. Army generals are supposed to be spraying fungicide on the walls and crawling under beds to set rattraps, the slovenly conditions at Walter Reed are not their fault. The military is nominally in charge of Walter Reed, but — because of civil service rules put into place by Democrats — the maintenance crew can't be fired.

If the general "in charge" can't fire the people not doing their jobs, I don't know why he is being held responsible for them not doing their jobs.

You will find the exact same problems anyplace market forces have been artificially removed by the government and there is a total absence of incentives, competition, effective oversight, cost controls and so on. It's almost like a cause-and-effect thing.

The Washington Post could have done the same report on any government facility in the Washington, D.C., area.

In a typical story from the nation's capital, last year, a 38-year-old woman died at the hospital after her blood pressure dropped and a D.C. ambulance took 90 minutes to pick her up and take her to a hospital that was five minutes away. For 90 minutes, the 911 operator repeatedly assured the woman's sister that the ambulance was on its way.

You read these stories every few months in Washington.

New York Times reporter David Rosenbaum also died in Washington last year after being treated to the famed work ethic of the average government employee. Rosenbaum was mugged near his house and hit on the head with a pipe. A neighbor found him lying on the sidewalk and immediately called 911.

First, the ambulance got lost on the way to Rosenbaum. Then, instead of taking him to the closest emergency room, the ambulance took him to Howard University Hospital, nearly 30 minutes away, because one of the "emergency medical technicians" had personal business in the area.

Once he finally arrived at the hospital, Rosenbaum was left unattended on a gurney for 90 minutes because the "emergency medical technicians" had completely missed his head injury and listed him as "drunk" and "low priority."

Months later, the deputy mayor for public safety told The Washington Post that "to the best of his knowledge, no one involved in the incident had been fired."

No one has any authority over civil service employees in the nation's capital. Bush probably lives in terror of White House janitors. The White House bathroom could be flooding and he'd be told: "I'll get to you when I get to you. Listen, fella, you're fifth on my list. I'm not making any promises, just don't flush for the next week."

It's especially adorable how Democrats and the media are acting like these are the first rats ever sighted in the Washington, D.C., area. There are rats in the Capitol building. There are rats in The Washington Post building. Bush has seen rats. But let's leave Chuck Hagel out of this for now.

On "ABC News" last year, a CBS radio reporter described a rat jumping off the camera in the White House press briefing room in the middle of a press conference. (And a shrew sits right in the front!) The Washington Post called the White House press room — located between the residence and the Oval Office — "a broken-down, rat-infested fire trap." During David Gregory's stand-up report on MSNBC about the damage done to Republicans by conditions at Walter Reed, rats appeared to be scurrying on the ground behind him.

Instead of an investigative report on the problems at Walter Reed, how about an investigative report on what happens when the head of janitorial services at Walter Reed is told about the dirt, mold and rats at the facility? If it's before 2:30 in the afternoon and he's still at work and he hasn't taken a "sick day," a "vacation day," a "personal day" or a "mental health day," I predict the answer will be: "I'm on my break."

The Democrats' response is: We must pass even more stringent rules to ensure that all government employees get every single break so that public-sector unions will continue giving massive campaign donations to the Democrats.

This was, you will recall, the precise issue that led to a partisan battle over the Homeland Security bill a few years ago: Whether employees at an emergency terrorist response agency could be fired — as Republicans wanted — or if they would be subject to civil service rules and unfireable — as the Democrats wanted.

HELLO? HOMELAND SECURITY? THERE'S A BOMB IN THE WELL OF THE SENATE!

Sorry, not my job. Try the Department of Public Works.

When Republican Saxby Chambliss challenged Democrat Max Cleland in the 2002 Georgia Senate race, he ran an ad attacking Cleland for demanding civil service protections for workers at the Homeland Security Department. Naturally, Republicans were accused of hating veterans for mentioning Cleland's vote on the Homeland Security bill.

Now that the Democrats are once again pretending to give a damn about the troops by wailing about conditions at Walter Reed, how about some Republican — maybe Chambliss! — introduce a bill to remove civil service protections from employees at Walter Reed and all veterans' hospitals? You know, a bill that would actually address the problem.

And don't worry about the useless, slothful government employees who can only hold jobs from which they cannot be fired. We'll get them jobs at the EPA and Department of Education.

1. Coulterism

Data that has been deliberately misrepresented or completely fabricated in order to support and otherwise unsupportable partisan position.

Dan's report on the impact of the housing development on the wetlands was so filled with coulterisms that we were not surprised to discover he was on the developer's payroll.

Urban Dictionary: Coulterism

What a perfect example. The unsupportable partisan position: The Democrats are at fault for the mess at Walter Reed. Even though it is a US Arrmy installation, and the persons ultimately responsible for its operations who resigned were all in the Defense chain of command. Thank you Botnst, for proving my point exactly, succinctly, definitively.
post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:01 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Isn't it 'filthily' according to Guru Gwij (RFC)?
Do you squeal?:gay: :gay: :gay:
post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:04 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Do you squeal?:gay: :gay: :gay:
No, bro. You must be confusing me with your chum dklein.
post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:06 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
No, bro. You must be confusing me with your chum dklein.
Chumming, is that what you call it when you get it from behind?
post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Chumming, is that what you call it when you get it from behind?

Bro, your knowledge on this subject seems encyclopaedic. I think you are trying to hit on me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in