post #41 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch
As usual, you're wrong again. You would know better than this if you HAD a Mac. As for your little pie chart thingy, it's wrong as well, but maybe not when it was created.

EDIT: I just checked the latest stats: August, '06- 4.33% market share, February, '07- 6.38% market share. At that rate, Apple could own over 10% by year's end. Stock price: $93.32 share.
That "...little pie chart thingy..." was as of the end of February 2007!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
I just wanna know one thing. Why can't someone ask about a Windows OS without someone posting some irrelevant tripe about Macs? I mean, it happens every time, just like some mysterious venereal disease.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #43 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I just wanna know one thing. Why can't someone ask about a Windows OS without someone posting some irrelevant tripe about Macs? I mean, it happens every time, just like some mysterious venereal disease.
Very true! And great analogy!! Mac is to syphilis as Windows is to penicilin...

post #44 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 02:14 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

As someone with substantial Windows development experience, I would never even consider a Mac, myself. That said, I'm sure they have a lot for going for them. I just don't see the need to introduce Macs into a discussion like this. The whole Mac/PC debate is great fodder for debate, but it bears no relevance to a discussion on Windows operating systems. And it happens every time.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #45 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
They wouldn't go to a mac because there are virtually no applications written for it because of apple's insane proprietary mania! The only really functional applications for apples are written by Microsoft, and a hand full of other developers.
That's so ignorant that it doesn't even merit a response. Stop talking out of your ass.

Quote:
I get my information from real IT professionals and market analysts. Plus my own experiences tell me all I really need to know!

Are you really saying that Microsoft "...can't compete on the merits of their offerings."??? That is nuts! I understand my decisions very well, and resent your suggestion that I don't. As I said above, I plan to go to Vista as soon as SP1 is available, since I know there are always minor tweaks that need to be made to anything as complex as that. My decision has nothing to do w/ market share, though that is very revealing as a key indicator of quality, ease of use, and a host of other things. And how can you possibly say that "...Vista is behind virtually everyone in this regard."? Have you even seen the data?
Yes, I'm saying Microsoft can't compete on the merits of it's offerings. I know you will find this impossible to understand because you lack the background & experience necessary - namely, deploying & supporting enterprise IT solutions. Don't worry though, there's enough idiots in IT to ensure your MSFT stock won't tank any time soon.

Now then, I think a better question is whether or not YOU have seen the OS market share data...I guess that depends on whether or not you get RSS feeds in your colon. Where your head is, most of the time.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...rce=rss_news50
March 20, 2007 (Computerworld) -- The launch of Windows Vista won't do much for PC sales this year, a research firm said today, with the new Microsoft operating system giving "at best, a limited boost" to PC units shipped during 2007.

Gartner's revised forecast now calls for a 10.5% increase in total systems sold, up from a late 2006 estimate of 9.9%, with a year's total of 255 million new machines. But only "hundreds of thousands" will be sold because of Vista, said George Shiffler, a Gartner research director.

"We don't expect Vista to be a big pop for sales," Shiffler said. Among the reasons: Only consumers and small businesses will be looking at Vista in the short term, and the operating system itself lacks the "must have" appeal that would move units.

"There was a hope last year, actually there were two, on the part of OEMs," said Shiffler. "One was that Vista would drive growth. The second was that demand would be strong enough that you could get prices to turn around. But in the dynamic of this market, those were pretty big hopes."
http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...n/article.html
Windows Vista may yet prove to be an unstoppable juggernaut, but statistics released Thursday by a market research firm show that the new operating system hasn't even licked its nine-year old ancestor.

Vista was being used on less than 1 percent of PCs tracked in February by Aliso Viejo-based Net Applications Inc., making it the sixth most-popular operating system. That puts it behind Windows 98, which is still used on 1.5 percent of computers.

Vista's exact share was 0.93 percent. Windows XP continued to lead, with 84.3 percent, followed by Windows 2000, with 4.8 percent. Mac OS X on PowerPC machines had 4.3 percent, while newer Intel-based PCs running OS X had 2.1 percent.

Net Applications collects its data from the browsers of visitors to its network of more than 40,000 Web sites.
I know it's a revolutionary concept, but please, double-check your fucking facts before you spout off on shit you know nothing about.
post #46 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
That's so ignorant that it doesn't even merit a response. Stop talking out of your ass.

I can only quote another ignoramus here: "That's so ignorant that it doesn't even merit a response. Stop talking out of your ass."

post #47 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Because Microsoft Windows SUCKS!

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #48 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
That "...little pie chart thingy..." was as of the end of February 2007!
Well, your little pie chart thingy is wrong. End of February, '07 was 6.38%.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #49 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Isn't that kinda like jumping in and screaming "basketball sucks!!!" when someone starts a thread about March Madness? I mean, what's the point?

post #50 of 87 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Oh, and as everyone knows, only weenies use Macs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in