Exposure of Plame's status did enormous damage to US Intelligence - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 09:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Waxman not your favorite dude? Well, what is the problem with the Director of the CIA? The written statement, merely read into the record by Waxman, was approved by the Director of the CIA.

Her status is not the issue for the Special Prosecutor, and he is not the authority on her status anyway. It is who to prosecute. Libby lied and got caught, so he was prosecuted and found guilty. There is more to this law than Plame's status needed to justify a prosecution, and I doubt this Special Prosecutor thought another sacrificial anode was the right way to go. So, your question to the Special Prosecutor should be aimed at who was at the center of the crime, and what additional evidence he needed to indict. But it is so much easier to go after the woman, and we all know you and the rest of the boot clicking goons marching for Bush's lazy and underachieving adminstration on this site always take your leader's example and take the easy way for yourselves. Jim
"Boot licking goons"!

You really are KV in drag, aren't you? C'mon you can tell me, I wont tell anybody else.

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 09:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who the hell is KV?

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
^Hint: Don't look so clueless!^
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
The facts are:
The assertion you make concerning Plame's status is not official.
The reason the special prosecutor didn't file charges in that regard is because her status wasn't clear and could not be clarified--the law is not sufficiently clear for a determination.
You seem to making statements of fact not backed up by anything. This is a fact: the CIA asked for the investigation, because they considered her an undercover operative covered by the statue :

"The CIA asked for the investigation after Plame's identity was published by syndicated columnist by Robert Novak in July 2003."

CNN.com - Woodward adds twist to CIA leak case - Nov 17, 2005

"Sources told CNN that Plame works in the CIA's Directorate of Operations -- the part of the agency in charge of spying -- and worked in the field for many years as an undercover officer.

"If she were only an analyst, not an operative, we would not have filed a crimes report" with the Justice Department, a senior intelligence official said.

"
CNN.com - Bush welcomes probe of CIA leak - Feb. 11, 2004

Now, you also claim to read Fitzgerald's mind, you seem to know that he did not file charges because Plame was not covert, when in fact he has publically said that the statute is so vague he could not charge the people who leaked her name. Do you have something that confirms your Vulcan Mind Meld on your assertion that Fitzgerald decided she was not a covert agent? The CIA said she was. The Congressional Committee put a statement into the record from General Hayden, the Director of the CIA saying she was. The Grand Jury said she was. Do you have anything other than what your Talk Radio Masters have told you?

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 03-19-2007 at 10:12 AM.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
^Hint: Don't look so clueless!^
Obviously Im having a brain fart, so whos initials?

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Either way about the above, interesting transcript. The dems don't want the truth just hyperbole to further their agenda:

WAXMAN: I am stunned, Ms. Toensing, that you would come here with absolute conclusions that she was not a covert agent; the White House did not leak it; no one seemed to know in advance that she was a CIA agent. Do you know those facts for your own firsthand knowledge?

TOENSING: Well, lets just take those one by one. As I said, I was there. I was the chief drafter for chairman --

WAXMAN: I'm not asking for your credentials. I'm asking how you reached those conclusions. Do you --

TOENSING: That's part of my credentials is because I know what the intent of the act was.

WAXMAN: I'm not asking what the intent of the act was.

TOENSING: Well that’s the question.

WAXMAN: Do you know that she was not a covert agent?

TOENSING: She is not a covert agent under the act.

WAXMAN: Okay, so --

TOENSING: You can call anybody anything you want to in the halls of the CIA.

WAXMAN: General Hayden! General Hayden, head of the CIA, told me personally that she was. If I said that she was a covert agent, it wouldn't be an incorrect statement?

TOENSING: Does he want to swear that she was a covert agent under the act?

WAXMAN: I'm trying to say as carefully as I can. He reviewed my statement, and my statement was that she was a covert agent.

TOENSING: Well, he didn't say it was under the act.

WAXMAN: Okay, so you're trying to define it exactly under the act.

TOENSING: That's important.

WAXMAN: No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm not giving you -- I'm not yielding my time to you.

Thomas Jefferson
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 10:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Either way about the above, interesting transcript. The dems don't want the truth just hyperbole to further their agenda:

WAXMAN: I am stunned, Ms. Toensing, that you would come here with absolute conclusions that she was not a covert agent; the White House did not leak it; no one seemed to know in advance that she was a CIA agent. Do you know those facts for your own firsthand knowledge?

TOENSING: Well, lets just take those one by one. As I said, I was there. I was the chief drafter for chairman --

WAXMAN: I'm not asking for your credentials. I'm asking how you reached those conclusions. Do you --

TOENSING: That's part of my credentials is because I know what the intent of the act was.

WAXMAN: I'm not asking what the intent of the act was.

TOENSING: Well that’s the question.

WAXMAN: Do you know that she was not a covert agent?

TOENSING: She is not a covert agent under the act.

WAXMAN: Okay, so --

TOENSING: You can call anybody anything you want to in the halls of the CIA.

WAXMAN: General Hayden! General Hayden, head of the CIA, told me personally that she was. If I said that she was a covert agent, it wouldn't be an incorrect statement?

TOENSING: Does he want to swear that she was a covert agent under the act?

WAXMAN: I'm trying to say as carefully as I can. He reviewed my statement, and my statement was that she was a covert agent.

TOENSING: Well, he didn't say it was under the act.

WAXMAN: Okay, so you're trying to define it exactly under the act.

TOENSING: That's important.

WAXMAN: No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm not giving you -- I'm not yielding my time to you.
This is the truth. The rest is FTL propoganda.

Liberals acting like they are indignant that the CIA might have been damaged. LOL.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Oh man, get into the spirit of the occasion! It doesn't matter what the facts are, what is important is the innuendo.

And do let us remember that Henry Waxman is an honorable man who would never do or say anything for political gain. He is an Honorable member of the House, and they are all honorable men. Except for Rep. Pelosi, I mean. She is definitely not an honorable man, she is an honorable woman who would never do anything to undermine the military because she is an honorable woman. They are all honorable.
I have the feeling that your Shakespearean references are being lost on the masses...try quoting from Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1 instead.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 11:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
... This is a fact: the CIA asked for the investigation, because they considered her an undercover operative covered by the statue ...
Here, I'll make it simple enough even for you: CIA considered, special prosecutor rejected.

End Of Story, except for the whiners who want some "There" where there is none.

Tough.

B
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-19-2007, 03:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

No one from the Left wants to defend Waxman as a standup guy and has no agenda on his schedule? You know an unbiased guy?

I still want to know who KV is....thanks!

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by BadBenz94; 03-19-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in