Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
fruit /frut/ Pronunciation Key - noun, plural fruits, (especially collectively) fruit, verb
1. any product of plant growth useful to humans or animals.
2. the developed ovary of a seed plant with its contents and accessory parts, as the pea pod, nut, tomato, or pineapple.
3. the edible part of a plant developed from a flower, with any accessory tissues, as the peach, mulberry, or banana.
4. the spores and accessory organs of ferns, mosses, fungi, algae, or lichen.
5. anything produced or accruing; product, result, or effect; return or profit: the fruits of one's labors.
6. Slang: a male homosexual.
7. to bear or cause to bear fruit: a tree that fruits in late summer; careful pruning that sometimes fruits a tree.
"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon