post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Leaked Walmart Slides

Interesting customer breakdown slides: LEAKS: Walmart PowerPoint On "3 Customer" Plan - Consumerist

What do you guys think? Which category as described by Walmart do you belong to?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I fit in the Never trades at Walmart or Sams because they don't treat their employees fair, pay their female employees less than men and shut down small business in every community that they invade. Twelve pair of poor fitting underwear for $10 is just not worth it.

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Home Depot is getting a bad wrap too. I think we will see an adjustment with that outfit in the near future.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I couldn't find my classification: 'Shopper who doen't give a side flying fuck so long as you have what I want when I need it".

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I'm a price sensitive affluent - haha, what a bad joke - I shop there for convenience - almost everything I need under one roof.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 1991 300 SE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unfortunately Wal*mart has the best prices for Delvac and Delo diesel motor oils so I’m forced to go there – not only the best prices but often I can’t find Delvac or Delo at a McParts.

My category?

‘Goes to Wal*mart with the same attitude as if he were going for a prostate exam.’
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
$1.50 for a big box of cereal at Wally World, vs. $4.00 for the same box at the store...look, blame Wal Mart all you want, you can't fault them for being competitive. There's no "value added" by a grocery store selling commodity items like cereal, etc. I don't mind paying a small premium to get everything in one place, but grocery stores selectively discount certain items and gouge you on others - they've been doing it forever.

Around here, there aren't any decent grocery stores. We have Albertson's, and a quasi-local chain called Reasor's. I'd kill for a Dierberg's or a Schnuck's like in St. Louis, or a Byerly's like in Minnesota. Those places have things you don't find at Wal Mart...you know, the good stuff. For the regular shit in a box, it doesn't matter where you get it...so the grocery stores need to be competitive on price with Wal Mart. Not price-match, just be competitive...like a sub-100% markup.

I think that deck indicates Wal Mart might try to expand their offerings a bit more, to get more of those picky-rich-people dollars. If they carried non-commodity items, they'd probably be about the only Supermarket-like vendor in the country.

For the record, I don't think Target is long for this world either...they get spanked on clothing by Kohl's, spanked on electronics by Best Buy, spanked on home furnishings by Pier One, and spanked on groceries by Wal Mart. I don't know what the point of Target stores are in a Wal-Mart world.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wal*Mart parking lot, according to Honda Element owners, is one sure place to acquire door dings.

There are times I feel I have stepped into a 'fat' farm store upon entering Wal*Mart. the shoppers hoard whatever merchandise into the oversize shopping carts since the items are cheaper, but instead of making them last twice as long in correlation with amount acquired, they consume at twice the rate -- it's like the light cigarette mentality - one ends up going through more packs a day based on a faulty premise that if it's lower in nicotine and tar, one can light up more cigs.

Overall, it's a depressing place.

Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: