post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
I other words, his behavior is the result of our actions and justifiable.

As I said before. Blame America First.
Justifiable? Where did he say that?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
So, now you are saying the Gitmo system is flawed. How can you have it both ways? If this man was forced to stand before a court, he would be in prison for his crimes today. Instead, your shithead pals let him go.
Uh, somewhere in there is a worthwhile idea valiantly trying to express itself.

If there was indeed a flaw in the system at Gitmo it was in giving that gentleman the benefit of the doubt and releasing him. This, despite putting the burden of proof on the enemy combatant.

meanwhile, you suggest that he should have gone through our civil court system where the accused is assumed innocent and the burden of proof is on the government to prove that this passionate young Democrat Party freedom fighter was actually a murderous fanatic looking forward to killing more Americans.

Your ilk is a religious fanatic murdering bastard's dream come true.

Bot
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 06:07 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst

If there was indeed a flaw in the system at Gitmo it was in giving that gentleman the benefit of the doubt and releasing him. This, despite putting the burden of proof on the enemy combatant.

meanwhile, you suggest that he should have gone through our civil court system where the accused is assumed innocent and the burden of proof is on the government to prove that this passionate young Democrat Party freedom fighter was actually a murderous fanatic looking forward to killing more Americans.

Bot
No Bot, at least a military tribunal would have been fair
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 06:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

Bot
So the justice system in this country doesn't work? What would you have us replace it with, military tribunals for all? And how did the prisons in this country get filled to the brim with all those nasty little faggots prancing around running the justice system? Last time I checked, it was doing a great job of putting lying fascist cunts into the joint, I am sure a terrorist wouldn't be much of a challenge.

The purpose of the jury system is too keep you fascist slimeballs from doing what you are doing: running an inept joke and calling it justice. It's cluster fuck like everything else you pinheads have done.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 03-08-2007 at 06:18 PM.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
No Bot, at least a military tribunal would have been fair
I agree with you. Now go back and read the Feel The Genius' message.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
If I were a murdering thug who saw women as chattle and actively sought the destruction of anything that did not fit my 7th century world view and I was captured while trying to kill Americans, then let go by the idiots...hell yes...I would keep fighting.

And I would be genuinely be puzzled by folks like you who would invite me into their home and show me where the knives and the children were kept before going to bed.

But I would slit their throats anyway and ask you in my native tongue, "What in the hell did you expect, you fool?" as you looked at me confused.
Note that many of the Gitmo prisoners were, and are NOT murdering thugs. MY point, that you keep avoiding is, If we have proof that they did something [that murdering thug thing] BRING THEM TO TRIAL. If they are found guilty, put them in prison. There are, however many POLITICAL PRISONERS in Gitmo. Not murdering thugs, not all even Arab. As for how they treat women, I disagree completely with treating women any less than equal BUT it is not America's job to tell another Religion how to practice their Religion. I might not like that but it is not my Fn right to change their beliefs.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Bot
Or he could have been tried in a military court if there was evidence, or turned over to World Court if war crimes were committed. The point is if we are going to be a country that says we stand for freedom and the rule of law, it would be nice if we actually proved it. Instead we act more like 60s era Soviet Russia. Now that is something for the NeoCons to be proud of.

Should he have been let go? NO. If the White House had formulated a plan to deal with the War on Terror [other than the snazzy press conferences], instead of figuring out how to out Valerie Plame, or raise $600M for the next election cycle then a process would have been in place to insure the man was still behind bars. The blame for him sitting in front of microphones with an AK47 lies directly at the White House's total lack of planning.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:20 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I found it very strange that a couple of posters here wanted to frickin NUKE that whole area and now are concerning themselves with combatants captured in said area being held in prison cells but yet still alive.
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Or he could have been tried in a military court if there was evidence, or turned over to World Court if war crimes were committed. The point is if we are going to be a country that says we stand for freedom and the rule of law, it would be nice if we actually proved it. Instead we act more like 60s era Soviet Russia. Now that is something for the NeoCons to be proud of.

Should he have been let go? NO. If the White House had formulated a plan to deal with the War on Terror [other than the snazzy press conferences], instead of figuring out how to out Valerie Plame, or raise $600M for the next election cycle then a process would have been in place to insure the man was still behind bars. The blame for him sitting in front of microphones with an AK47 lies directly at the White House's total lack of planning.
Nope, you've stepped into the land of Old300D.

There is no possible way I'd let the World Court have any influence in our national security. A court that is not answerable to government and citizens is not a court that I want involved in my life.

War crimes? Who said anything about war crimes? We've had hundreds of thousands, probably millions of confined enemy combatants over the years. Very few were war criminals and criminality is not necessary to detain combatants.

The only reason I see for a tribunal is to prevent, insofar as possible, accidentally detaining noncombatants. Put them in two piles. If they seem to have been noncombatants, cut them loose. Like that jihadi motherfucker. We erred on the side of innocence and let a bad guy go. I wish we hadn't. But to have been even more strict would probably mean injudiciously detaining innocents more frequently.

Nah, I don't want to try anybody for war crimes. That gives them political legitimacy. Just keep them in that nice tropical vacation land until the jihadi's not in Motel Gitmo publicly declare that they no longer want to murder civilians. Then let them all go. Or we could always remand some of them to the custody of their country of origin. I'm sure KSA would accept that responsibility. Think the detainees would go for it? A chance to go home to face justice in their home country, among their peers?

B
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-09-2007, 08:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Nope, you've stepped into the land of Old300D.
Oh, but wouldn't you say he has alot more to offer in regards to arguments and thought than old300D's one line snipets and blanket praise for FTL?

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in