LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:33 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Dave would not do that, he is civilized. I think he will even thank our government for doing its job at his mental and physical health expense. All will be forgiven just like he would expect any one released to do the same even if they were detained by "mistake". A good guy should always remain a good guy.
Right Dave?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
If they had killed your family, jack that anger up a few notches.
I other words, his behavior is the result of our actions and justifiable.

As I said before. Blame America First.
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
I other words, his behavior is the result of our actions and justifiable.

As I said before. Blame America First.
You really ought to try Critical Thinking. First, his behavior is the results of many things, among them incarceration, torture and a lack of treatment as a human being. And “Blame America First”?, NO, but the Pentagon shoulders part of the blame for any reactions against us by folks who were held in our prisons, tortured, both physically and mentally, were not charged with anything and had their families killed.

And I notice you avoided answering my little question as to what you would do in the circumstance? Fight back or fold?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Dave would not do that, he is civilized. I think he will even thank our government for doing its job at his mental and physical health expense. All will be forgiven just like he would expect any one released to do the same even if they were detained by "mistake". A good guy should always remain a good guy.
Right Dave?
Yet another post that indicates that you equate the situation at Gitmo with that of a citizen of a country being randomly scooped up on his way to work for bad-think or some other "crime".

If I believed in the innocence of theses guys like you do I would be in Afghanistan fighting with them or fighting with them here like FTL.
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 02:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
You really ought to try Critical Thinking. First, his behavior is the results of many things, among them incarceration, torture and a lack of treatment as a human being. And “Blame America First”?, NO, but the Pentagon shoulders part of the blame for any reactions against us by folks who were held in our prisons, tortured, both physically and mentally, were not charged with anything and had their families killed.

And I notice you avoided answering my little question as to what you would do in the circumstance? Fight back or fold?
If I were a murdering thug who saw women as chattle and actively sought the destruction of anything that did not fit my 7th century world view and I was captured while trying to kill Americans, then let go by the idiots...hell yes...I would keep fighting.

And I would be genuinely be puzzled by folks like you who would invite me into their home and show me where the knives and the children were kept before going to bed.

But I would slit their throats anyway and ask you in my native tongue, "What in the hell did you expect, you fool?" as you looked at me confused.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
No, I would say that if you hold someone in prison for more than a few months and can't bring specific charges against them in that time, allow them to defend themselves in a court, and sentence the guilty ones while freeing the ones you can't make a case against, you are setting yourself up for making enemies. If they sit and rot for years (3 to 4 years is a large percentage of a teenage boy's life), I think you may have made an enemy for at least his life.

How many of the Gitmo prisoners have been processed by whatever procedure we want to invoke, and been found guilty? How many not guilty? How many are living in limbo, not charged with anything, or charged but unable to schedule a trial?

This is not a case of "blame America first" even though many of you love the slogan and feel free to use it to describe any response that does little more than request you think about the situation. This issue is merely one where the effort being spent arguing to keep the facility exceeds the cost and effort to address the situation we have created by how we are presently running the facility. If the shitbirds are guilty, shoot them. If they are not, send them back. Just do it quickly so yo don't turn the ones going back into first hand, living martyrs for the other side to exploit to improve their recruiting tactics. Jim
Or you and our resident Military Genius could actually read what the nutty little Islamic cretin with a gun said about himself rather than guessing.

B
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:06 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Yet another post that indicates that you equate the situation at Gitmo with that of a citizen of a country being randomly scooped up on his way to work for bad-think or some other "crime".

If I believed in the innocence of theses guys like you do I would be in Afghanistan fighting with them or fighting with them here like FTL.
Again that was not the point and you are wrong about what I believe in. Some of the detainees were actually scooped up and sold to us and that's a fact. A year or two down the road we find out that they are of no intelligence value and we set them free. What do you think these people will think of us? repsect us? Do you think they will raise arms against us if given that opportunity?
Now on the other hand I am certain that there are some real bad dudes in there but they need to be tried so we can stick something on them and keep them "ligitimatly" locked up. That's were you and I are not in synch. For you anyone in there must be guilty because they are there, right? Do you like it when I state it for you as if you believe that? Maybe you do but the point is I can draw the line between what's fair what's not because I don't have an administration that I believe in doing the thinking for me.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I takes a village idiot.

Released Detainees Rejoining The Fight

Released Detainees Rejoining The Fight (washingtonpost.com)

Abdullah Mehsud told reporters he fooled authorities at Guantanamo Bay for two years before his release.
"I would like to thank FTL for the lovely AK-47 and digital watch. The watch is helpful when coordinating IED attacks."
You can suck my cock, Dave.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
This is the type of misunderstood freedom fighter that we illegally torture in the deathcamp at Gitmo. I think all of us who are opposed to Gitmo should volunteer to house these poor tortured souls in our own homes.

B
So, now you are saying the Gitmo system is flawed. How can you have it both ways? If this man was forced to stand before a court, he would be in prison for his crimes today. Instead, your shithead pals let him go.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 04:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
No, I would say that if you hold someone in prison for more than a few months and can't bring specific charges against them in that time, allow them to defend themselves in a court, and sentence the guilty ones while freeing the ones you can't make a case against, you are setting yourself up for making enemies. If they sit and rot for years (3 to 4 years is a large percentage of a teenage boy's life), I think you may have made an enemy for at least his life.

How many of the Gitmo prisoners have been processed by whatever procedure we want to invoke, and been found guilty? How many not guilty? How many are living in limbo, not charged with anything, or charged but unable to schedule a trial?

This is not a case of "blame America first" even though many of you love the slogan and feel free to use it to describe any response that does little more than request you think about the situation. This issue is merely one where the effort being spent arguing to keep the facility exceeds the cost and effort to address the situation we have created by how we are presently running the facility. If the shitbirds are guilty, shoot them. If they are not, send them back. Just do it quickly so yo don't turn the ones going back into first hand, living martyrs for the other side to exploit to improve their recruiting tactics. Jim

Jesus Jim, don't expect these guys to actually think. The stock slogans like "blame America first" is your first sign that you are dealing with someone who can only think in Limbaugh sound bites. These guys are idiots.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in