Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Gee, Dave, here is my version of events:
1) Bush and Cheney knew the assertions of Saddam buying yellowcake were based on a document the CIA told them was more than likely forged.
2) They used the assertions anyway.
3) Wilson, through his wife and because of his experience as a foreign service officer, knew it.
4) Wilson went to Niger to get proof.
5) Wilson blew the lid off the weapons of mass destruction con by exposing their lies in a New York Times report.
6) The Republican Senate Committee, led by the hog shit traitor Pat Roberts of Kansas, tried to cover it up by issuing a report full of the usual fucking neo-con Libby-style lies, and allowed no dissenting minority report.
Your version is at odds with everyone's but kook.org and Michael Moore's imaginary friend "Phil".
Let me use what the democrats on the comittee claim to slightly modify your sequence of events.
1) Bush and Cheney and the rest of the world thought Sadaam was seeking uranium among other things.
2) They used the best available intelligence.
3) Valerie Plame pulled a few strings to arrange a junket to Niger for her rabidly partisan husband who was pretty busy telling people that his wife was a secret agent but not too busy to go. He then lied about this fact.
4) Plame's husband went to Niger at taxpayer expense and learned nothing of substance.
5) Plame's husband mischaracterized all sorts of things to the NYT, but they failed to vet him because he was lockstep with them in their hatred of Bush. So they put him up next to Cindy Sheehan and printed every word he wrote or spoke.
6) A bi-partisan commission concluded that Plame's husband was wrong, deceitful and partisan and that the President didn't lie about anything.
7) The mainstream media has never and will never correct the record. Just like with Alger Hiss.