The Killing Fields - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 12:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
old300D's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Location: Denver
Posts: 3,774
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Ah yes, the debate ending tool of choice. Washing away my arguments in a floral scented torrent of spring freshness.

You are such an idiot.
That's ok, most can't smell their own halitosis either. Difference is you can't grok that.

OBK #35

old300D is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
"I hate to admit it, but Jayhawk has a point there... "Geez Ron, Here was Bot and I having a little exchange of some articles on a rather interesting topic and that pile of bird poo with a feather stuck in it comes in for a baiting , calling it crap because he knows it's going to take him a week to read it , bollocks to him !.
"It is as though the person posting the words of another is incapable of their own research and opinion and simply stands behind the inviolate words of the author." what a stuck up sanctimonious twat you are Dave! but no time for your good points .
Henry Fucking Kissinger—the man who rivals Pol Pot for the dubious honour of being the person responsible for the death of the largest number of innocent people in South East Asia (and far surpasses Pol Pot in criminality when one factors in Kissinger's various levels of responsibility for wholesale slaughter and repression in other parts of the world but his role as eager facilitator of mass murder, totalitarian repression and other atrocities is never discussed in polite society oh no that would be sooo un-American to face that baby and the fact that Kissinger has a long history of terrorist sponsorship that makes even Osama bin Laden's pale in comparison , but then Osama only worked for the CIA .
The responsibility for the horrifying deaths of so many in this world lies with your type Dave .
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
"I hate to admit it, but Jayhawk has a point there... "Geez Ron, Here was Bot and I having a little exchange of some articles on a rather interesting topic and that pile of bird poo with a feather stuck in it comes in for a baiting , calling it crap because he knows it's going to take him a week to read it , bollocks to him !.
"It is as though the person posting the words of another is incapable of their own research and opinion and simply stands behind the inviolate words of the author." what a stuck up sanctimonious twat you are Dave! but no time for your good points .
Henry Fucking Kissinger—the man who rivals Pol Pot for the dubious honour of being the person responsible for the death of the largest number of innocent people in South East Asia (and far surpasses Pol Pot in criminality when one factors in Kissinger's various levels of responsibility for wholesale slaughter and repression in other parts of the world but his role as eager facilitator of mass murder, totalitarian repression and other atrocities is never discussed in polite society oh no that would be sooo un-American to face that baby and the fact that Kissinger has a long history of terrorist sponsorship that makes even Osama bin Laden's pale in comparison , but then Osama only worked for the CIA .
The responsibility for the horrifying deaths of so many in this world lies with your type Dave .
Your take on Kissinger is pretty well aligned with Christopher Hitchen's opinion. What I find arguable in the post that you presented is the carnage inflicted on Cambodians due to the Nixon bombing. Your source doesn't document its source (nor does mine, in truth), so it is awfully hard to argue the point. Combine that withe the decades-long abuses inflicted on Cambodians since Pol Pot and I'll bet nobody will ever have an accurate count.

Here's my favorite site for this kinds of arguments, simply because the author documents his sources, if for no other reason. Twentieth Century Atlas - Death Tolls

From that site we learn a "bare bones" assessment of the violence within the country, which relates a far more complex situation than simply "American Bombing" and "Pol Pot."

Enjoy!

Bot
Botnst is offline  
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
"I hate to admit it, but Jayhawk has a point there... "Geez Ron, Here was Bot and I having a little exchange of some articles on a rather interesting topic and that pile of bird poo with a feather stuck in it comes in for a baiting , calling it crap because he knows it's going to take him a week to read it , bollocks to him !......................The responsibility for the horrifying deaths of so many in this world lies with your type Dave .
You could have made the same point w/ half the words. Does the parsimony have any meaning for you? Or is your favorite word pedantic?

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
"I hate to admit it, but Jayhawk has a point there... "Geez Ron, Here was Bot and I having a little exchange of some articles on a rather interesting topic and that pile of bird poo with a feather stuck in it comes in for a baiting , calling it crap because he knows it's going to take him a week to read it , bollocks to him !.
Well, he said you deleted two posts, and you did. That was the only point I was referring to. Look -- people are who they are, acknowledge them or don't -- nothing is really gained by putting a sideshow on the main stage. The thread would have been better served by ignoring his remark, don't you think?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quite so GS , but the thread would have been BEST served if he not woken up from his afternoon nap .
Attached Images
 
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
"I
The responsibility for the horrifying deaths of so many in this world lies with your type Dave .
Which modern day political philosophy is more in line with communism? Mine or that of the left?

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot

Heros of the left and the biggest mass murderers in history.

You are so ignorant that I embarrased to be replying to your tripe.
DaveN007 is offline  
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
Quite so GS , but the thread would have been BEST served if he not woken up from his afternoon nap .
Can't help that, now can we?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:02 PM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Which modern day political philosophy is more in line with communism? Mine or that of the left?

Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot

Heros of the left and the biggest mass murderers in history.

You are so ignorant that I embarrased to be replying to your tripe.
Who said I was on the left ?!! ignorant ,you fucking reek of it . And today Dave I'll think you'll find that the killing is being done by your political philosophy . I'm so embarrased to have to point that out to you .

Last edited by Von Vorschlag; 03-05-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Your take on Kissinger is pretty well aligned with Christopher Hitchen's opinion. What I find arguable in the post that you presented is the carnage inflicted on Cambodians due to the Nixon bombing. Your source doesn't document its source (nor does mine, in truth), so it is awfully hard to argue the point. Combine that withe the decades-long abuses inflicted on Cambodians since Pol Pot and I'll bet nobody will ever have an accurate count.

Here's my favorite site for this kinds of arguments, simply because the author documents his sources, if for no other reason. Twentieth Century Atlas - Death Tolls

From that site we learn a "bare bones" assessment of the violence within the country, which relates a far more complex situation than simply "American Bombing" and "Pol Pot."

Enjoy!

Bot
Cheers Bot I'll take a look

Last edited by Von Vorschlag; 03-05-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Von Vorschlag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    This name is killing me ThrillKill Off-Topic 8 02-09-2007 06:06 AM
    Unions are killing this country HobokenGuy Off-Topic 6 09-20-2006 05:54 PM
    This GAP is killing me!!! mase W251 R-Class 13 08-08-2006 07:57 PM
    The wait is killing me! amcmahon R171 SLK-Class 7 12-27-2004 05:26 AM
    Killing the CAT nhaixin69 W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 7 12-10-2004 01:53 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome