BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
They don't see it that way For them we are the infidels
True. I was looking at it more on a historical or global perspective. When you look at it from a Militant Islamic POV then anyone who is now, or has ever been against them or is not Muslim would be an enemy [in their case blood enemy].

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Go back before that even: When the Muslim Arabs expanded into what had been the Byzantine (Christian) state that ran the Levant. They were given the boot, amidst rivers of blood, and Islamified. That's the ardent dream of all Islamists, to bring the love and tender devotion of Sharia to each of us.

B
post #343 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
I agree, in the short term. In the longer term there is a good possibility that the Iraqis will be able to address this problem without our help.

back at the beginning of the Iraq campaign Rumsfeld predicted we'd be in Iraq 10 - 15 years. That estimate still seems about right.
That is an interesting quote from Rumsfled. I was under the impression he said we would be there for six months.
post #344 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
President Bush said it would be at least a generational war... I think he is right...
I think you people are fucking idiots.
post #345 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Go back before that even: When the Muslim Arabs expanded into what had been the Byzantine (Christian) state that ran the Levant. They were given the boot, amidst rivers of blood, and Islamified. That's the ardent dream of all Islamists, to bring the love and tender devotion of Sharia to each of us.

B
Yes, and they have reached the zenith of their power, eclipsing the Russians in the number of nuclear weapons, soldiers, tanks and munitions! They are an enormous threat to us, we will be annhilated by this enemy!
post #346 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Yes, and they have reached the zenith of their power, eclipsing the Russians in the number of nuclear weapons, soldiers, tanks and munitions! They are an enormous threat to us, we will be annhilated by this enemy!
I'm guessing you'd have loved being a Byzantine. Your historical and political acumen would have been a good fit.

B
post #347 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
True. I was looking at it more on a historical or global perspective. When you look at it from a Militant Islamic POV then anyone who is now, or has ever been against them or is not Muslim would be an enemy [in their case blood enemy].
The oversimplification of the Islamic world here is tragic. The real fact is that it is tremendously fractured and diverse. Instead of promoting political systems that would bring them unity and nationhood, we exploit their divisions and do everything we can to keep them in a state of perpetual war. We support fascist governments in Saudi Arabia, Jordon, Egypt and Pakistan that have zero legitmacy with the peoples of these countries, who hate us for supporting their oppressors. Why is it no surprise that the majority of terrorists come from these countries?
post #348 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I'm guessing you'd have loved being a Byzantine. Your historical and political acumen would have been a good fit.

B
Yes, that is us! The weak and tottering Bysantines! Moral corruption has weakened us! The Islamists, with their massive nuclear firepower will invade California and overwhelm us, imposing Sharia on New York and whipping women in Atlanta! Woe is us before the Islamic horde!
post #349 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:42 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes, that is us! The weak and tottering Bysantines! Moral corruption has weakened us! The Islamists, with their massive nuclear firepower will invade California and overwhelm us, imposing Sharia on New York and whipping women in Atlanta! Woe is us before the Islamic horde!
I am glad you can see that you are overwhelmed by my Muslim brothers, surrender now, pledge your undying loyalty to the Jakarta Expat and I will put in a good word for you with the Imams.
post #350 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-13-2007, 06:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
You're still mired in Cold War thinking--in terms of massed armies and MIRV'd missles. As you occasionally and accurately remind us, Pakistan is a dictatorship and is only friendly to the USA as long as the dictator stays in power. If he goes, then the Pak arsenal is up for grabs.

Dare we fantasize that an Islamobomb could end-up in the hands of a fanatical Islamic group and make it's way to say, oh pick a city, Houston? But that's only one nuke and one city so why worry?

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in