post #201 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:06 AM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Here is the transcript:

"....

MAHER: [overlapping] But I have zero doubt that if Dick Cheney was not in power, people wouldn’t be dying needlessly tomorrow. [applause]

RIDLEY: Okay, but—[voices overlap under applause]

SCARBOROUGH: But, let’s talk – let’s talk about your show for a second, very quickly. If somebody on this panel said they wished that Dick Cheney had been blown up, and you didn’t say—

FRANK: I think he did. [laughter]

SCARBOROUGH: Okay, did you say--?

MAHER: No. No, I quoted that.

FRANK: You don’t? Oh, you don’t believe that?

MAHER: No, I’m just saying that if he did die—

SCARBOROUGH: [laughter] Okay, but if – oh, let’s just say—

MAHER: [overlapping]—other people – more people would live. That’s a fact.
......."

Maher is merely making it clear, Cheney is behind the decision to go into Iraq and pardon Ossamma, and one of those who refuses to concede the error of his ways, and as long as we, the American people enable him, is hell bent on continuing to spend American and Iraqi lives to avoid acknowledging his error. All that means, no Cheney (by what ever means, and I personally would prefer impeachment and prosecution as a war criminal) = more people
live. Jim
It is?
Google that J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:12 AM
guage

Hey, were did the it's the Jews fault stuff go?
post #203 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:13 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
If we had not, gone there, it's a very good chance more people in the United States would've been murdered.
You can't possibly know that. In fact, we are all well aware that pardoning Ossamma behind the scenes as Bush and Cheney have done, and invading Iraq on false pretenses, has made the world a much less safe place. We have already sent more Americans to their deaths than were killed by any and all terrorist attacks in the United States, and the drain on our financial resources as well as the toll on the National Guard have hindered rather than improved our ability to implement effective port security measures, or monitor our borders. No guage, if we had not gone to Iraq, America would be stronger and better able to repel those who would attempt to gain illegal access to our land and do us harm, and we would not have incurred the number of casualties, deaths and wounded, to our Armed Forces. Jim
post #204 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:14 AM
guage

Quote:
You can't possibly know that. In fact, we are all well aware that pardoning Ossamma behind the scenes as Bush and Cheney have done, and invading Iraq on false pretenses, has made the world a much less safe place. We have already sent more Americans to their deaths than were killed by any and all terrorist attacks in the United States, and the drain on our financial resources as well as the toll on the National Guard have hindered rather than improved our ability to implement effective port security measures, or monitor our borders. No guage, if we had not gone to Iraq, America would be stronger and better able to repel those who would attempt to gain illegal access to our land and do us harm, and we would not have incurred the number of casualties, deaths and wounded, to our Armed Forces. Jim
LOL
Could we have deathrattle do the Nazi fact check please!

Last edited by guage; 03-08-2007 at 11:05 AM.
post #205 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 10:59 AM
guage

Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
One only needs to Google and learn those are old pictures. Are those projects and buildings still standing today? Thats another story.
Yes since most of the pictures have dated captions under them from less than
a year ago, one could say they are old

Last edited by guage; 07-01-2007 at 07:04 PM.
post #206 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
If one where to work the probablities, it is obvious we are more likely to be murdered in this country BECAUSE we invaded Iraq. We murdered innocent people who had no WMDs. If I was a child of a murdered parent, or the husband of a murdered wife, I would spend my lifetime planning revenge for theiir murder. We should get down on our knees and beg the people of Iraq to forgive us for our Nazi bitch leaders.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #207 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
We agree on that...

I did Google it and the first headline that appeared was exactly what I said: "Bill Maher said he was sorry the assassination attempt on Dick Cheney failed!"

You don't have to like it, but you really should stop trying to twist everything to fit your own political bias. And BTW, your posts are getting much more succinct!
J, Here is how NEWS works. A HEADLINE is intended to grab your attention. Unless it has "" around a statement is is JUST a HEADLINE, NOT what the person said. The writer of the headline wanted a good headline, the transcript however does not, anywhere show Maher saying those words, or articulating that thought.

Critical thinking. Try it, you'll like it.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #208 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
I have Photoshop also. I can take photographs and add just about any text to them to reflect anything, much like you did when you added underlines in the [quote box] in post 201. But since it is on the internet, it must be true.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #209 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 03:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Only a few of the pictures have a date stamp 2006. Most have older ones from other articles one can easily dig up from Google.

In Iraq, things happen quickly. Using outdated material may not be the most advisable thing to do.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #210 of 655 (permalink) Old 03-08-2007, 03:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
This is not a football game. The outcome is not measured at the end of a time period, it is measured on a daily basis. Ebb and flow of a battle is seldom clearcut but the past 60 days have been much more flow [blood] they ebb. It is not an abject failure, it is just a continuation of poor planning and a failure to understand the root of the problems in the region. Apparently the new Commander on the ground has a good grasp and knows that troops alone [as he has said since Day1] won't cut it.
It's not a football game? Well corn my pone and I'll just be damned. Thanks for that extraordinary bit of enlightenment. It changes my views on everything.

Sometimes campaigns are drawn-out over many months, can you believe it? if we look at any given moment and extrapolate the outcome we reveal ourselves as being completely foolish. For example, take the current movie rage, "The 300". The Spartans (and others) kicked ass for a few days and then were wiped out. On day one, a fool would have said, "The Spartans have won a tremendous victory". The day after the Spartans were all killed, a fool would have said, "The Greeks have lost!" After Salamis, there was a clear winner. Wouldn't you agree? But even then the victory was not certain for several weeks or more.

Or how about the Peloponnesian Wars or the 100 Years War? Which year would you have declared victory in? Or defeat?

No, not like football, is it?

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in