Nashville Electric Service/Gore House

High 22619 kWh Aug – Sept
Low 12541 kWh Jan - Feb
Average: 18,414 kWh per month

High 20532 Sept - October
Low 12955 Feb - March
Average: 16,200 kWh per month

Bill amounts

2006 – $895.60 (low) $1738.52 (high) $1359 (average)
2005 – $853.91 (low) $1461 (high)

Nashville Gas Company

Main House
2006 – $990(high) $170 (low) $536 (average)
2005 – $1080 (high) $200 (low) $640 (average)

Guest House/Pool House

2006 – $820 (high) $70 (low) $544 (average)
2005 – $1025 (high) $25 (low) $525 (average)

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

For Further Information, Contact:
Nicole Williams, (615) 383-6431
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
His electric bill would be AT LEAST $5524 a month if he lived in California and was using clean Hydro power instead of the filthy stuff he uses on the cheap.

That is DOUBLE what he pays.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
What I find funnier is that he says he uses the 'green power' option on his utility bill. For those who don't know what that is, TVA (which he is a customer of and I am, too) produces a set amount, every year, of power from so called 'green' sources such as wind, hydroelectric and solar. Hydroelectric has been one of TVA's mainstays for years, so nothing new there. But their power sources also include nuclear, coal fired and gas fired plants. His power that he sucks is the same damn power that I get. He just pays a 'green' charge to supposedly offset TVA's costs in producing this environmentally friendly electricity. What is not being told is that when that supply is exhausted, those 'suckers' who are paying for 'green' power are actually getting the 'dirty' power that we all get. He's such a hyppocrite! He is the typical 'feel good' liberal spouting his 'look at me' BS while doing what he's doing behind closed doors.

That Nashville home is not his only home, either. He owns a 4000 sq, ft. in Arlington, VA and another home in Carthage, TN. As for that hybrid he drives, he's been spotted, more than once, in an Expedition.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Al Gore would fuck your children on national television if he thought it would make him look intelligent. He's the prototypical liberal dipshit; all heart and no brains, with a marked inability to think first then act. Not to mention deficiencies in critical thinking, and a predilection toward mistaking marginal intelligence for righteousness. Nothing that sanctimonious motherfucker does should surprise anyone.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Wow, talk about hating. I thought I disliked Bush.

OBK #35

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Gore is a stupid fuck bag!

whew! that feels good
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Gore Pile!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 04:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI, 1995 E300D, 2002 Avalanche
You just wait. Al Gore will find Manbearpig and then he will show you. He will show you all! I am cereal.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 04:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Greenhouse sceptics to congregate

Katharine Murphy and Brendan Nicholson, Canberra and Richard Baker
February 28, 2007

HARD-CORE global warming sceptics will descend on Canberra today for the release of a book claiming environmentalism is the new religion.

Former mining executive Arvi Parbo will launch Ray Evans' new publication, Nine Facts About Climate Change, at a function at Parliament House.

The book claims climate change is nothing new and declares Howard Government investments in solar power and in cleaning up coal a "complete waste of taxpayers' money".

"Environmentalism has largely superseded Christianity as the religion of the upper classes in Europe and to a lesser extent in the United States," Mr Evans says in the publication.

"It is a form of religious belief which fosters a sense of moral superiority in the believer, but which places no importance on telling the truth," he says.

"The global warming scam has been, arguably, the most extraordinary example of scientific fraud in the postwar period."

The function is organised by the Lavoisier Group, founded in 2000 by Ray Evans and former mining executive Hugh Morgan to test claims that global warming is the result of human activity.

Mr Evans is a longstanding friend and colleague of Mr Morgan and a committed activist on issues such as workplace reform through the HR Nicholls Society, which he founded with federal Treasurer Peter Costello.

Former Labor minister Peter Walsh also will attend today's function, and the group will hold a dinner to be addressed by climate-change sceptic Chris de Freitas, Associate Professor in the School of Geography, Geology and Environmental Science at Auckland University.

Liberal MP Dennis Jensen has organised the function on behalf of the Lavoisier Group and expects about 50 people to attend the dinner.

Dr Jensen, a nuclear physicist, has said he is not convinced that human activity is responsible for global warming.

In an interview with The Age last month, Mr Evans acknowledged that last September's visit by former US vice-president Al Gore to promote his Oscar-winning global-warming documentary An Inconvenient Truth had helped generate a lot of publicity on climate change.

But he described Mr Gore's film as "bullshit from beginning to end".

"The science from the anthropology point of view has collapsed. The carbon-dioxide link is increasingly recognised as irrelevant," Mr Evans said.

"But the Government's frightened.

"Cabinet, from what I understand, is by and large still sceptical of climate change, but it is scared of the drought and worried about how Labor will make use of it."
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I pay almost at the same level as those rates so what? my last natural gas bill was $790 and I expect this month to be $1200.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: