LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
I read you loud and clear sonny. Your "American exceptionalism"="Blame anyone and everyone except America for everything that goes wrong regardless of the facts and especially if America seems to up to her lips in a cesspool of her own making and filling" and I understand you learned it from that school of higher education you attended that taught you your disdain for personal responsibility and the penchant to sue anyone and everyone for any of your actions that cause you stress and dispair.

Unfortunately for you, this is not one of those character features that inspire anyone other than lawyers to think much of you, and god knows what it makes lawyers think of you.

Jim
The trail lawyers of this country are on your side of the aisle, my friend. It is liberals who sue. Not guys like me.

And you still fail to see Iran's "personal responsibilty" in this matter.

As far as personal reponsibility is concerned, I am at a loss for where you are coming from.

You really need to figure out what you are trying to say before you start typing.

Can you not see how Iran has provoked this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
The trail lawyers of this country are on your side of the aisle, my friend. It is liberals who sue. Not guys like me.

As far as personal reponsibility is concerned, I am at a loss for where you are coming from.

You really need to figure out what you are trying to say before you start typing.

You pay lip service to "personal responsibility". It's easy to point fingers isn't it? Sort of like a lack of personal responsibility. Hypocrite.

OBK #35

post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
You pay lip service to "personal responsibility". It's easy to point fingers isn't it? Sort of like a lack of personal responsibility. Hypocrite.
WTF are you talking about?

Personal responsibility?

I am not the one demanding that others pay for my goodies.

I am the one who is the target of the envy, spite, and greed of the left.

Who brought up personal responsibility and what does it have to do with Iran refering to us as The Great Satan?

Feel free to line up for slaughter.
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 01:48 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Are you now suggesting that Iran has the same capability to strike U.S. soil that we have to strike them, or are you referring to some other slaughter?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
WTF are you talking about?

Personal responsibility?

I am not the one demanding that others pay for my goodies.

I am the one who is the target of the envy, spite, and greed of the left.

Who brought up personal responsibility and what does it have to do with Iran refering to us as The Great Satan?

Feel free to line up for slaughter.
Wow, you are a head case. You now assume the mantle of victim?

OBK #35

post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Are you now suggesting that Iran has the same capability to strike U.S. soil that we have to strike them, or are you referring to some other slaughter?
Are you suggesting that those killed in the WTC are less dead because we have greater military might than our enemies?
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
Wow, you are a head case. You now assume the mantle of victim?
Victim of thieving liberals? Damn right.
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:

"Not guys like me." Hell of a claim. I think you need to define who you are and who guys like you are then go through some serious assessments of lawsuits, frivolous and not to find out who is suing who.

Then we can decide if guys like you are people who actually take personal responsibility for their actions or not, and which cubby hole you fit into best. But that is not the point. The point is accepting responsibility for good and bad that we are responsible for as Americans that results from actions taken in the name of America by our government.

From your determination that America is not responsible for any of its actions, and somebody else, anyone else, is responsible not only for America's actions (like, say Iraq was responsible for being invaded by the US in March 2003), but the events American actions precipitate, I would say you will tell us you are all about accepting personal responsibility, but your actions will deny you actually practice this, or live by your word. You bleating about "Blame America First" defaults the sorting process for you and guys like you to the propaganda group, the guys who blame others for everything that goes wrong, regardless of your role in the events.

Iran is responsible for their actions. In many cases those actions have inspired the UN to issue resolutions that impose sanctions on Iran. And Iran is responsible for the consequences by the UN when they ignore the UN's decrees and sanctions.

Iran is not responsible for the fact that America has invaded Iraq, and that the American invasion of Iraq was based on falsified descriptions of threats of WMD from Iraq, and that the American invasion of Iraq was poorly planned by Americans and poorly executed by Americans. America owns that responsibility, alone, along with the consequences of how we deal with these failures. Blaming others won't fix the problems, and won't absolve America from having to own them and address them eventually.

America's actions in the region, and the consequences of those actions whether we think the reactions the indigenous population has to our presence are reasonable or not, are America's responsiblity. The fact we as a population are immensely ignorant of the cultures of the nations that make up 99% of the rest of the globe is America's responsibility, not the fault of those who have these different outlooks, and most notably when we elect to interact with them on either a trade or other financial basis or a political basis, or any combination thereof.

Lets face it, the Middle East is our gas tank, and the fact that humans already live there is an annoying circumstance complicating our access to what is now their oil. That being our outlook though, has no bearing on the responsibility we must acknowledge belongs solely to us, by sending American troops into the region based on some unilateral determination of a threat. This would be the case even if Iraq had turned out to be bristling with WMD. The fact that it didn't just makes our actions and reactions even more blatantly un-American using the standards for American international relations of the more than two hundred years that preceded this sequence of events.

Our best bet would been to stay out of local affairs, and buy oil on the open market like everyone else and let the local people live as they choose. We haven't the necessary command of the indigenous population's customs and values to be a positive influence on the people in the region in general, a serious shortcoming that is our responsibility and cannot be cured by our military strength, real or imagined.

The fact that you consider it expected that all Americans would be happy to blame Iran for the troubles in the area, including Iran's reactions we find troubling that are really no more than a consequence of our beligerent presence at their doorstep. Recall that ours is a presence initiated based on untruths and errors that we feel no compunctions to address and fix directly. While the whole Middle East, including Iran, see being perpetuated based on some "American exceptionalism" precept that we can do no wrong - as, from their perspective, we destroy Iraq under the notion of bringing the Iraqi people freedom and democracy, Mcdonald's branded, but delivered with American exceptionalism so it must be best for them whether they know it or not.

Our military has a function - to protect America. It is not an imperialist arm of our government designed and created to build nations in our likeness around the world, and especially in areas with oil. When we do this we are at fault. When we refuse to acknowledge that we are not practicing American exceptionalism, even if we pompously invoke the phrase. Instead we are disgracing the hundreds of years of our history that was spent inventing that which is American exceptionalism - which is an adjective that describes a consequence of hard work, difficult but correct decisions, and the positive results that come from honoring our past in the conduct of our business today. American exceptionalism is not a characteristic of actions that originate from inside American territory, or the White House, just because it originated from within that area on the globe.

I for one would welcome a return to American exceptionalism as a feature of American activities throughout the world. Instead we have a regime that will invoke the description and point to our past while they practice something better described as UN-American. Jim

Last edited by JimSmith; 02-27-2007 at 04:39 PM.
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Are you suggesting that those killed in the WTC are less dead because we have greater military might than our enemies?
Not relevant, since we are no longer inviting known terrorists into our country and training them to harm us. Didn't you get the memo?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 04:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Iran was behind this??? And I thought it was Bin Laden and the Saudis. Damn, I can't keep our enemies straight anymore, especially now that Bush is funding the Sunnis in Iraq against the Shia.

OBK #35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in