Large Weapons Cache found in Iraq, traceable to Iran - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
There are street gangs in the States with more impressive weapons caches than that...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
why do you hate america? lol

in political asylum
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
There are street gangs in the States with more impressive weapons caches than that...
Interesting comment coming from you......... Didn't some jackass say that you couldn't equate any part of the US with Iraq, and didn't you agree with him? Now you say that some of the local gangs have EFP's and rocket propelled grenades, are you perhaps exaggerating some, or just talking out of your butt?
What would YOU call an impressive weapons cache? Does it have to be something over a few tons worth or maybe a million rounds of 7.62x39?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I am not so sure that this proves anything more than the Iraqis want EVERYONE the F out of their country. I think they just want outside influence to get the Hell out.
It would appear that a certain number want all the Sunni's or Shiite's out one way or the other as well................
About all it proves is that some over there have finally had enough of the killing of their own.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Let's see -- two dozen mortars, 15 rockets and a bomb. I'll bet even money there are at least 50 sheds scattered through Idaho that would dwarf that little cache. And I'll give you odds that the Hells Angels could make that little booty look like my kid's toy box. None of which relates in any way, shape or form to a previous assessment that Baghdad = Washington DC.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #16 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
About all it proves is that some over there have finally had enough of the killing of their own.
Are you surprised that Sunnis might rat out Shiites and vice versa? Or that warring Shiite factions might rat each other out? Is this supposed to be something new?

post #17 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It seems just a bit disingenuous to call that a "large" cache. Looks like about a normal day's expense. It's really sad that this is the only stuff the administration has to work with to force an Iran connection. The phrase "grasping at straws" comes immediately to mind. They are good at the propaganda, just think if they actually had some true connections that they could really distort and enshrine.

OBK #35

post #18 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

^^^Hence the Mercenary Territory lyrics...

Quote:
I've did my time in that rodeo
It's been so long and I've got nothing to show
Well I'm so plain loco
Fool that I am I'd do it all over again

post #19 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:48 PM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Don't be surprised that in a few days or weeks from now there will be a much much larger find. Of course if this one does not satisfy the bill. I am sure the CIA is working on "finding" massive stock piles somewhere.
Does Iran sell weapons to any other country? I am sure a well placed order will do the trick
post #20 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I agree with the Professor's earlier statement that the Bush administration is looking for any excuse to mount a military intervention in Iran. I think the nuclear issue (if they are patient) will give them plenty of opportunities later.

Mercedes Benz - Das beste oder nichts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in