Water car - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,506
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
I would think one would start with distilled.
Solar power for the electrolysis.
We'd need more distilleries, right? Right?


Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Here in West Virginny, we got lots of 'em.

Seriously though, there are counter top units. If something similar could be powered by solar energy, the problem would be solved.

Actually, I think you can even do it in the back yard with any kind of water, a big balloon, and sunshine.

Last edited by Gregs300CD; 02-24-2007 at 11:45 AM.
Gregs300CD is offline  
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:42 AM
dklein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Talking ouch i had a thought

ok so what if we make a small reactor for the car and feed the hydrogen into the carb of the car just after the gas is added
this would give you a boost in the combustion of the mix thus allowing you to use less gas as more hydrogen is added to the carb.
now there is allways the possability of a runaway , so some form of regulator needs to be added.
but the theory might just reduce your fuel consumption .
worth looking at.

Last edited by dklein; 02-24-2007 at 11:47 AM.
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow
We'd need more distilleries, right? Right?

Who's the girl, and did you ask her out?
Gregs300CD is offline  
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 11:52 AM
dklein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD
Who's the girl, and did you ask her out?
is she your future ex wife?
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 12:10 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
ok so what if we make a small reactor for the car and feed the hydrogen into the carb of the car just after the gas is added
this would give you a boost in the combustion of the mix thus allowing you to use less gas as more hydrogen is added to the carb.
now there is allways the possability of a runaway , so some form of regulator needs to be added.
but the theory might just reduce your fuel consumption .
worth looking at.
You will be simply replacing one form of fuel with another, nothing really gained here. What you need to improve on is efficiency.
DP is offline  
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 12:41 PM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
[quote=Digmenow]^^^
Don't see why not. This boat is pushing this little tractor on land.



Yet another genuine LOL moment. You should be on the stage.............





















........the next one outta town!
deathrattle is offline  
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 01:39 PM
dklein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
You will be simply replacing one form of fuel with another, nothing really gained here. What you need to improve on is efficiency.
yea but you are using a renewable resource thats free watter.

then again if we all ran our cars on watter im shure we would do something to our atmosphere like deprive it of hydrogen and turn it to chlorine gas or something
then we would all be in trouble .
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 01:47 PM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dklein
yea but you are using a renewable resource thats free watter.

then again if we all ran our cars on watter im shure we would do something to our atmosphere like deprive it of hydrogen and turn it to chlorine gas or something
then we would all be in trouble .
That water you drink from the well on your property- Are you absolutely sure it's not contaminated with heavy metals? I really think you should have it checked, for the sake of your children at least.
deathrattle is offline  
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 02-24-2007, 02:38 PM
dklein
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
That water you drink from the well on your property- Are you absolutely sure it's not contaminated with heavy metals? I really think you should have it checked, for the sake of your children at least.
we had it checked last fall
the lab tech said she had never seen such a clean watter sample
as she thought i was playing a trick on her.
she was surprised when i told her i took it from the tap at home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    water in car Marzuki W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 5 06-18-2006 11:36 PM
    water in car - help please 1974gold450slc R/C107 SL/SLC Class 16 04-30-2006 02:21 AM
    Water in car JimmyD89 W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 2 04-26-2006 10:06 AM
    Water under the car W168 in HK W168 A-Class 1 08-24-2005 07:19 PM
    water in car jeff day R/C107 SL/SLC Class 2 08-05-2003 08:16 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome