Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I could totally blow you out of the water w/ your own arguments, but I will be kind, and just point out that one of the many reasons Windows is a superior OS is because they figured out, about 20 years ago, that one size does NOT fit all.
Make a note...
Blow me out of the water. I have nothing to fear because I have facts on my side! The fact you say Windows is superior tells me you're not playing with all the info that's available. If you like Windows, that's great! You have that choice. But I chose Mac over Windows for the following reasons:
1. IT IS MORE STABLE!! When an ap crashes (and they rarely do), you don't have to reboot your computer. Click OK, reopen and continue your work.
2. It is far more secure than Windows.
3. Operator ease of use and clean operating system.
4. Contrary to popular belief, software is readily available AND the same price as the Windows counterparts.
5. Unix based OS (Vista is now).
6. Quality of the hardware!!!
7. Loads of Software that came with the computer.
I have an iMac G4 that is 5 years old. It has the latest OS on it and operates flawlessly. It has never had to have a clean install and it continues to resist viruses and worms, trojan horses, etc. (to date, none have been an issue). It has never been in the shop for repair and the LCD screen is just as beautiful as the day I bought it. I can't say this for my brother's computer that he bought at the same time. His processor is supposed to be twice as fast as mine but it is slower than leap Christmas. He has had 3 clean installs and has lost gobs of files due to system corruptions, something unheard of in the Mac OSX platform. Cheers!