post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 06:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman
Have you ever tried one? those things are freaking gross!

although the derby is a great time!
Yos, think we should get the group together in the Infield preferred seating?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-26-2007, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
I saw a recent survey that said most people would not buy an iphone from aapl due to the possible price of USD 500. Of course I know how fickle the US public is, once they see Joe Blow with 1, well they may change theor mind but unless aapl is expecting to release some more good news I would say it would not think about going up too much more until earnings report at the end of the 3rd quarter and of course it will shoot up after 07 Xmas earnings, by then the phone will be released and under the tree for many young people.
Actually I was banking on Apple's new strategic approach to their core business. I thought that their decision to ditch Computers from the name meant some new direction a la Google. So far I see nothing
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:07 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
^^^^Been buying and selling aapl for close to 2 and half years now, Apple only surges when leading up to or related to earnings news or new product announcements. Unless they come out with some new products soon it should be dead until close leading up to 1st quarter earnings but I do not foresee anything myself.
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 06:52 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Hold on to your remote — Apple's push into the living room will take a few more weeks.
The company said late Monday that Apple TV, a gadget designed to allow users to wirelessly stream downloaded music and movies from their computers to their television sets, will not start shipping until March.
"Wrapping up Apple TV is taking a few weeks longer than we projected, and we now expect to begin shipments mid-March," Apple (nasdaq: AAPL - news - people ) spokeswoman Lynn Fox said Monday. The company declined to elaborate on the cause of the delay.
Apple chief Steve Jobs teased the Apple TV in September and showcased it alongside the iPhone last month during his keynote address at the Macworld conference in San Francisco. Jobs had said the $299 device would be available in February.
Apple TV marks the computer maker's entry into the living room. The set-top box can stream music, TV episodes and movies off Apple's Macintosh computers and PCs running Microsoft Windows.
The company's iPod portable music player and iTunes media store dominate their markets, but Apple TV will enter a crowded field. Microsoft's latest Windows operating system, Vista, boasts several media-specific features, especially when combined with its Xbox 360 videogame system, which is already present in some 10 million homes.
Set-top box manufacturers like Motorola and Cisco's Scientific Atlanta are bulking up their devices with bigger hard drives and networking features.
Earlier this month, TiVo began a trial with Web retailer Amazon.com to allow people who buy digital videos through Amazon's Unbox service to play them on their TV sets.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Hold on to your remote — Apple's push into the living room will take a few more weeks.
The company said late Monday that Apple TV, a gadget designed to allow users to wirelessly stream downloaded music and movies from their computers to their television sets, will not start shipping until March.
"Wrapping up Apple TV is taking a few weeks longer than we projected, and we now expect to begin shipments mid-March," Apple (nasdaq: AAPL - news - people ) spokeswoman Lynn Fox said Monday. The company declined to elaborate on the cause of the delay.
Apple chief Steve Jobs teased the Apple TV in September and showcased it alongside the iPhone last month during his keynote address at the Macworld conference in San Francisco. Jobs had said the $299 device would be available in February.
Apple TV marks the computer maker's entry into the living room. The set-top box can stream music, TV episodes and movies off Apple's Macintosh computers and PCs running Microsoft Windows.
The company's iPod portable music player and iTunes media store dominate their markets, but Apple TV will enter a crowded field. Microsoft's latest Windows operating system, Vista, boasts several media-specific features, especially when combined with its Xbox 360 videogame system, which is already present in some 10 million homes.
Set-top box manufacturers like Motorola and Cisco's Scientific Atlanta are bulking up their devices with bigger hard drives and networking features.
Earlier this month, TiVo began a trial with Web retailer Amazon.com to allow people who buy digital videos through Amazon's Unbox service to play them on their TV sets.
I'm afraid that aapl is coming late to an already overcrowded home/livingroom sector of the market--one in which Microsoft, Tivo, Sony and others already have a dominant presence. And w/ their delay of the products I fear they could be looking at a rougher year than expected. Plus I read that BitTorrent is going to launch movie and TV downloads, which would compete w/ aapl iTunes, etc.

W/ China taking the markets down today I'm turning off CNBC. I hate days like these!

Don't believe everything you think
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:46 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All of the markets are tanking right now. This is gonna cost me.

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I'm afraid that aapl is coming late to an already overcrowded home/livingroom sector of the market--one in which Microsoft, Tivo, Sony and others already have a dominant presence. And w/ their delay of the products I fear they could be looking at a rougher year than expected. Plus I read that BitTorrent is going to launch movie and TV downloads, which would compete w/ aapl iTunes, etc.

W/ China taking the markets down today I'm turning off CNBC. I hate days like these!
Apple is all about integration of hardware and software into a package that delivers the best user experience.

A much higher percentage of Mac users actually do things with them. PCs can generally get a job done, but cobbling together the needed pieces becomes a science project.

My 8 year old edits video and photos on her Mac.

As far as the iPhone is concerned, it will sell out and become hard to find for quite a while. It will be a stunning success. The first iteration will be nice, and follow on generations will be even better.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by felkhound
All of the markets are tanking right now. This is gonna cost me.
Don't panic! Unload some dogs, if you must, but my people are looking at this as a buying opportunity.

Last edited by Jayhawk; 02-27-2007 at 10:57 AM.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Apple is all about integration of hardware and software into a package that delivers the best user experience.

A much higher percentage of Mac users actually do things with them. PCs can generally get a job done, but cobbling together the needed pieces becomes a science project.

My 8 year old edits video and photos on her Mac.

As far as the iPhone is concerned, it will sell out and become hard to find for quite a while. It will be a stunning success. The first iteration will be nice, and follow on generations will be even better.
Thanks for that little commercial--and bit of BS. Your name isn't Dave Jobs is it?

post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 11:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Thanks for that little commercial--and bit of BS. Your name isn't Dave Jobs is it?
Obviously I am speculating regarding the iPhone.

Please enlighten me regarding the rest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in