Revolutionary Guards bus bombed in Iran - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Im sure what he meant was the population in general. The education system over there is very limited. Too much of what they learn is hand fed to them, akin to our left wing media outlets. However over here those with a bit more intelligence can access other venues to get a more "balanced" view of the news.

Too, the people you have come across at the World Bank Im sure they have a substantially higher education than their peers, hence their placement at the World Bank.
Thanks for the reinforcement, but I'm not sure he's going to get it. Methinks it's too cold for painting indoors, since you can't crack open the windows and let the fumes out...
Qubes is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:55 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Im sure what he meant was the population in general. The education system over there is very limited. Too much of what they learn is hand fed to them, akin to our left wing media outlets. However over here those with a bit more intelligence can access other venues to get a more "balanced" view of the news.

Too, the people you have come across at the World Bank Im sure they have a substantially higher education than their peers, hence their placement at the World Bank.
Again, let me repeat, I have been there and I have been at their universities and high schools. Their kids will do circles around ours in math and sciences so don't tell me they have a primitive system, I don't believe it.
Their educational system is very competitive because they have a population growth that is putting a lot of pressure on their limited resources. How can they hand fed an education when these students have to work real hard to be better than their peers? Once I witnessed a kid crying because he got a C, shiiiiit my students will celebrate for a C, hmmm I wonder where mediocrity has a foothold?
What you call a balanced view is relative to your core belief and it is true from their perspective. Yes they have tyrants running the show for the most part but I have seen a great deal of autonomy at the street level. Let's take Lebanon as an example; if they were so brain washed and hand fed like you said then what are all those demonstrations? Did you see Silver Arrow's pictures? Did these people look like camel herders? How much of these images do we get as a close up in our media? close to none because it messes up our perception that these people are blood thirsty bunch like we want to believe so we can bestow on our leader full power to nuke the shit out of them. How can we declare a war on people that could be like us? I guess it's easier if they looked and acted like you described, then for sure they want to harm us because they don't understand us. Do you understand me?

Last edited by DP; 02-15-2007 at 01:57 PM.
DP is offline  
post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 01:59 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Thanks for the reinforcement, but I'm not sure he's going to get it. Methinks it's too cold for painting indoors, since you can't crack open the windows and let the fumes out...
There is nothing to get when I see ignorance or racism. In your case I don't know which is which
DP is offline  
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Surely A Large Human
 
Qubes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Location: Between Earth and Mars
Posts: 34,252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
There is nothing to get when I see ignorance or racism. In your case I don't know which is which
For The Love of....

If I was a racist, I'd have implied that they could never understand the various forms of government that exist in the world today, etc. Soooo.....guess I'm ignorant.

I'll simply restate for the record that I identified the general population of Afghanistan and Iraq as being less-than-privy to news outlets with views that dissent from the state.

Wonder if the Bank is hiring....

Last edited by Qubes; 02-15-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Qubes is offline  
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-15-2007, 05:05 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
For The Love of....

If I was a racist, I'd have implied that they could never understand the various forms of government that exist in the world today, etc. Soooo.....guess I'm ignorant.

I'll simply restate for the record that I identified the general population of Afghanistan and Iraq as being less-than-privy to news outlets with views that dissent from the state.

Wonder if the Bank is hiring....
Yep they are hiring like crazy right now. However I am too old for staying in the office until midnight.

Besides I don't want to work for Wolfowitz

Last edited by DP; 02-15-2007 at 05:08 PM.
DP is offline  
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 09:25 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Clashes reported in Iranian city

hmmm, CIA and Mossad at it again?
DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Putin continues to help Iran....Russian missiles delivered to Iran: Ivanov Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 1 01-16-2007 07:43 AM
    Hey Avi, Good News from your friends in Iran, Iran: Hitler was a Jew Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 19 01-03-2007 03:59 AM
    Son of Shah of Iran wishes to return to Iran and establish a Democracy Saigon76nyc Off-Topic 11 11-29-2005 03:00 PM
    How can the bus driver be responsible for the bus fire? tiggerfink Off-Topic 5 10-17-2005 11:42 PM
    wanted signal light guards and taillight guards for g55 SILVERBOX For Sale/Wanted/Trade/Giveaway 1 09-15-2005 09:25 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome