DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
It was an obvious and almost certain outcome before the invasion began. Given that fact, why in the world hasn't the Bush administration sat down at the table with Iran? The posturing here is absolutely idiotic. Severely threaten Iran, establish a military presence all around their borders, at the same time create a situation in Iraq that can only empower Iran. Then we get all indignant when Iran considers an avenue of defense, and refuse to negotiate with them at any time on any level. The folly at play here is absolutely breathtaking.

Oh, and historically, the influence we have wielded in that region has been anything but secondary in nature.
It's simple GS, Iran was already a target. This is not a new issue, Iran was slated for mayhem next then hopefully Syria would fold or would be invaded too. What do you think the Neo Con dream team has been planning for the last TWENTY years?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 03:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
"Living their lives as they desire, free of U.S. interference and influence", is pretty damned tough to do in a connected world.
Only if taken to a logical extreme. How about non-interference in sovereign governments internal affairs? The US has an abysmal track record when it comes to that, and it's part of the reason we are being attacked. So if we stop that (yeah right, too much money at stake) and merely establish, live by and enforce international laws, terrorists would not gain the influence they have.

OBK #35

post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
Only if taken to a logical extreme. How about non-interference in sovereign governments internal affairs? The US has an abysmal track record when it comes to that, and it's part of the reason we are being attacked. So if we stop that (yeah right, too much money at stake) and merely establish, live by and enforce international laws, terrorists would not gain the influence they have.
I won't discount this as insignificant, but I don't think it's the whole story. The reason I say that is because I doubt you'd find vast groups of Iraqis, Afghans, etc. who could speak knowledgeably about foreign affairs or the actions of America (much less their own governments). They probably can't speak to the purpose of the UN, how it's organized, what the G8 is all about, the principles of democracy vs. other forms of government, etc. They're an ignorant people, largely, and in large part due to the purposeful actions of the few who struggle to keep in charge.

The biggest threat to an Islamic leader's way of life are the concepts of freedom and democracy. These precepts amount to rebellion. If a woman wants to become educated and heal people, she is rebellious and must be killed. These leaders are nothing if not cowards, and cowards fear rebellion - specifically, being on the wrong side of one. After all, if you allow people to learn anything, perhaps they'll learn that they don't need you. Autocracy is bad news for Despotism.

It's been said that he who angers you controls you. So we've found an agitator for the radicals - democracy - but haven't yet grasped how we can use that as a control mechanism. And as I've stated before, we've also not found their currency.

We need a shrink. Is there a shrink in the house?

The Russians eventually figured out that freedom is a pretty good thing. I don't think every parting of the CCCP states and Russia was 'amicable'. So, what gave? What was it that finally tipped people over the brink into rebellion/revolution?

Last edited by Qubes; 02-14-2007 at 03:53 PM.
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 03:54 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
I won't discount this as insignificant, but I don't think it's the whole story. The reason I say that is because I doubt you'd find vast groups of Iraqis, Afghans, etc. who could speak knowledgeably about foreign affairs or the actions of America (much less their own governments). They probably can't speak to the purpose of the UN, how it's organized, what the G8 is all about, the principles of democracy vs. other forms of government, etc. They're an ignorant people, largely, and in large part due to the purposeful actions of the few who struggle to keep in charge.

The biggest threat to an Islamic leader's way of life are the concepts of freedom and democracy. These precepts amount to rebellion. If a woman wants to become educated and heal people, she is rebellious and must be killed. These leaders are nothing if not cowards, and cowards fear rebellion - specifically, being on the wrong side of one. After all, if you allow people to learn anything, perhaps they'll learn that they don't need you. Autocracy is bad news for Despotism.

It's been said that he who angers you controls you. So we've found an agitator for the radicals - democracy - but haven't yet grasped how we can use that as a control mechanism. And as I've stated before, we've also not found their currency.

We need a shrink. Is there a shrink in the house?
You are sadly mistaken. I worked at the World Bank and those same people you call ignorant can surely talk the talk in three to four languages and then some.
Maybe you should look inward and judge our ignorance of world affairs, cultures and for God sake simple geography.
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:27 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
America bad
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
America bad
Why do you say this? Is such a stark judgement necessary?

OBK #35

post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
cmitch, you keep dreaming about using that bomb. Mark my words, if that idiot occupying the white house uses nukes, this country will suffer. We can't even contain Iraq, think what it would be like to confront the entire world alone.
We certainly would never see the nukes get used, even if it was for good reason, if one of your spiney whineys was in there. The last democrat with balls was Harry Truman.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 05:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch
We certainly would never see the nukes get used, even if it was for good reason, if one of your spiney whineys was in there. The last democrat with balls was Harry Truman.
You're damn straight! The first part anyway. It takes balls to NOT use them. Too bad Bush has only one tool in his shed.

OBK #35

post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 06:20 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
America bad
I never said it, YOU SAID IT
America is not bad but we have some bad people in it like your heroes Douglas Feith, Cheney and the gang. We also have ignorant people in it like you that will never understand the difference between free speech and defamation.
In the days of the Internet and other sources of learning such people have no excuse not to evolve by learning but some like you choose to stagnate and never accept other realities. These kind of people get defensive whenever we critic our country's faux pas and think that it must be out of hate toward our country. I understand that ignorance is bliss but it is also more dangerous than say Ben Laden. In essence your refusal to accept other people's view for what they are and your constant attack with lies makes you a failure that our country must account for. Since you are contributing to its failure then you must be the one that hates America. I hope I did not further confuse you.
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 02-14-2007, 09:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
You are sadly mistaken. I worked at the World Bank and those same people you call ignorant can surely talk the talk in three to four languages and then some.
Maybe you should look inward and judge our ignorance of world affairs, cultures and for God sake simple geography.
In Professor-World, everybody everywhere speaks knowledgeably about world affairs.

Oh wait, let me see --- Professor worked at World Bank. Could this possibly be a biased sample?

B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in