Libby: Convicted on ??? Counts - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 02:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
BadBenz94's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Location: Kankakee,IL
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Interesting for those of you who choose to read this article......
Trial in Error - washingtonpost.com

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
BadBenz94 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-18-2007, 10:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
on the label,label, label.

Last edited by yoseyman; 01-01-2008 at 06:12 PM.
yoseyman is offline  
post #43 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 08:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Interesting for those of you who choose to read this article......
Trial in Error - washingtonpost.com
Equally interesting for those of you who choose to read this article....
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-...-_b_41548.html


Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #44 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 09:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Equally interesting for those of you who choose to read this article....
The Blog | Larry C. Johnson: <em>Washington Post</em> Enables Toensing's Delusions | The Huffington Post


Jim
The author, Larry C. Johnson, is the darling of the left and self-proclaimed expert on terrorism and intelligence matters. But see what he said to Congress a few years ago: Americas North Shore Journal

This is your kind of guy Smitty! He reminds me a lot of you, and your other hero, John Kerry!!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #45 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 10:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
The author, Larry C. Johnson, is the darling of the left and self-proclaimed expert on terrorism and intelligence matters. But see what he said to Congress a few years ago: Americas North Shore Journal

This is your kind of guy Smitty! He reminds me a lot of you, and your other hero, John Kerry!!
Well Jaybaugh, he sounds more knowledgeable and "expert" than the author of the first article, Victoria Toensing on matters pertaining to the facts surroundiing the Libby trial. I believe she is a right wing darling, the difference being she is writing about something she has no unique or special knowledge or perspective on, so she seems like little more than a hired darling. But you already knew that Rushawk. Besides, what did you think of his argument? It is apparent if he is favored by the left you detest him, but I see little more in your post than a the casting of a broad aspersion. Are we supposed to discount his points because you don't like him? That, Jaylim is a pretty slim case. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #46 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Well Jaybaugh, he sounds more knowledgeable and "expert" than the author of the first article, Victoria Toensing on matters pertaining to the facts surroundiing the Libby trial. I believe she is a right wing darling, the difference being she is writing about something she has no unique or special knowledge or perspective on, so she seems like little more than a hired darling. But you already knew that Rushawk. Besides, what did you think of his argument? It is apparent if he is favored by the left you detest him, but I see little more in your post than a the casting of a broad aspersion. Are we supposed to discount his points because you don't like him? That, Jaylim is a pretty slim case. Jim
Do you have any idea how silly you sound, Jimmy? Mr. kiss my asspersion!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #47 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Well Jaybaugh, he sounds more knowledgeable and "expert" than the author of the first article, Victoria Toensing on matters pertaining to the facts surroundiing the Libby trial. I believe she is a right wing darling, the difference being she is writing about something she has no unique or special knowledge or perspective on, so she seems like little more than a hired darling. But you already knew that Rushawk. Besides, what did you think of his argument? It is apparent if he is favored by the left you detest him, but I see little more in your post than a the casting of a broad aspersion. Are we supposed to discount his points because you don't like him? That, Jaylim is a pretty slim case. Jim
"...Victoria Toensing on matters pertaining to the facts surroundiing the Libby trial."

She helped write the law that Libby is suspected of having violated.

She is a lawyer.

She has worked in and around the White House and Congress for several decades.

What additional qualifications does she need? I don't know anything about your boy, what qualifications does he bring to the table?

B

Last edited by Botnst; 02-19-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Botnst is offline  
post #48 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
The truth might help.

The right wing constantly bandies about Plame's covert status as if it is somehow some opinion that is under contention. It is not. The job of a Grand Jury is to ascertain fact, not guilt, and they established that for the purposes of this case, Plame's status fit the legal definition and that for the purposes of this and any other prosecution, that would be the statement of fact in this case. Libby's side is able to appeal these finding of fact before the case even begins, yet they did not, even though they have the vast financial resources of the Rightwingoverse at their disposal. Why did they not dispute this? Why is the only place they DO dispute this in the Right Wing Nut Job press? Why do they not simply go to court and do it, if the truth is on their side?

Your so-called lawyer, instead of admitting this legal truth, instead gives us a rehash of Hannityism, falsely stating that this is something that is still being argued about, along with a bunch of other rehash BS. A waste of time.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 02-19-2007 at 11:32 AM.
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #49 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
"...Victoria Toensing on matters pertaining to the facts surroundiing the Libby trial."

She helped write the law that Libby is suspected of having violated.

She is a lawyer.

She has worked in and around the White House and Congress for several decades.

What additional qualifications does she need? I don't know anything about your boy, what qualifications does he bring to the table?

B
What law would that be, Bot? And how does drafting legislation, if in fact she was the underling who originally drafted it, make her an expert on the circumstances of the Scooter Libby case? If you read her dissertation you might agree she showed she has little grasp of those specific Libby case details. Maybe she should go back to her calling, what Wallace called being a "pointy headed guideline writer in Washington, DC" and just replace "guideline writer" with "legislation drafter."

I think we have been down this path recently, when Bush nominated a lawyer without much in the way of qualifications other than having been hanging around his offices for a few decades, for the Supreme Court. I fail to see how being a resident Washington DC groupie provides any special qualifications for her opinions, as stated in her article, concerning the details of the Libby case.

Read the other dude's counter. He makes it pretty clear Toensing has not bothered to read the papers filed in court that address many of the points she essentially falsified, upon which she then built her now clearly meaningless argument. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #50 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
The truth might help.

The right wing constantly bandies about Plame's covert status as if it is somehow some opinion that is under contention. It is not. The job of a Grand Jury is to ascertain fact, not guilt, and they established that for the purposes of this case, Plame's status fit the legal definition and that for the purposes of this and any other prosecution, that would be the statement of fact in this case. Libby's side is able to appeal these finding of fact before the case even begins, yet they did not, even though they have the vast financial resources of the Rightwingoverse at their disposal. Why did they not dispute this? Why is the only place they DO dispute this in the Right Wing Nut Job press? Why do they not simply go to court and do it, if the truth is on their side?

Your so-called lawyer, instead of admitting this legal truth, instead gives us a rehash of Hannityism, falsely stating that this is something that is still being argued about, along with a bunch of other rehash BS. A waste of time.
Scooter was charged with lying to the Grand Jury under oath. I am doubting Ms. Toensing drafted the legislation that makes lying to the Grand Jury under oath criminal and punishable by doing jail time.

I also find the argument that if Plame was not covert there was no crime, so it was ok for Scooter to lie to the Grand Jury meaningless. It is right up there with the Clinton argument about Monica possibly giving him a blow job having nothing to do with the Whitewater land deal.

All that happened here is, given the chance to lie, Scooter took it. In all likelihood, Cheney and Bush did too. Unfortunately for Scooter, he is taking the shaft for his and likely the lies of others. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    House DEMOCRAT convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault on 16 year old... Bruce R. Off-Topic 88 05-15-2012 08:45 PM
    Saddam convicted; voters to decide fate of his collaborators, the Republicans FeelTheLove Off-Topic 3 11-06-2006 11:41 PM
    Houston Chronicle claims FEMA is trying to cover up casualty counts FeelTheLove Off-Topic 1 09-08-2005 07:37 PM
    Norwegian Woman Convicted of Rape GeeS Off-Topic 20 05-04-2005 06:43 PM
    OT: Mercedes Murderer convicted of Murder... Norb R170 SLK-Class 19 02-15-2003 03:06 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome