Could it be true that tax cuts DO spur economic growth? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:32 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What the FTLs of the world can't understand is the difference between a "tax cut" (which is always followed by the phrase "...for the rich") and a tax rate cut.

Every time tax rates have been cut in this country, tax receipts have increased. In other words, the total amount of taxes collected by the government has INCREASED.

FTLers don't understand that the economy is not a zero-sum, extra large pizza, if you take a slice I don't get one kind of thing.

They think there are poor people BECAUSE there are rich people.

True conservatives believe in less govvernment and less government spending. Lessinging defict spending is a great place to start. FTLbots who squeal about spending are disingenuous in a bad way. Liberals are classic Keynesians who believe that government spending is just as good aas private spending. Instead of being honest about the fact that they LOVE it when democrats spend money to buy power, they babble on about "runaway spending".

The economy is in fine shape. Yes, even considering the debt, deficits, and any other boogeyman you can come up with.

Will one of you liberal poltroons please respond to the topic?

Tell us why tax rate reductions are bad.

Please point to economic evidence. Your envy and spite towards those who earn more than you do and shoulder your share of the tax burden for you is not a good place to start your argument.

If someone who contributes 100 times what you contribute to the common good gets a break and only has to contribute 80 times what you do...and the total amount of taxes collected goes up...what is the problem besides your greed, spite, and envy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
When a person borrows money he does not intend to repay, leaving the debts to his children, well, he can look really good, can't he? He can buy fine clothes, he can buy a nice car, but deep down inside, he is still a chiseling con man.
Please tell us when we have missed a payment.

Please express our debt as a percentage of our equity.

Or just stick to wild-eyed political partisanship. Economics is out of your league.

Graphics that potray Bush as the devil/big brother/a chimp are your real forte. Leave the adult conversations to the adults and go back to the kid's table and draw some chimps.
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:45 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
They think there are poor people BECAUSE there are rich people.

Come to think of it that's an excellent statement that describes why I am poor. I am poorly paid so my school stays competitive and the boss takes in a fatter paycheck, can you counter this?
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 10:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
In terms of GPD, not much change since WWII except during the Clinton years, with a majority Repoman Congress, and following the events of 9/11. This has been pretty much unchanged through Republican and Democrat Party majorities and presidents.

Need new people in Washington, not just a shift in parties. All that does is shift the swine allowed to the trough.

B
That is a great little chart, too bad it doesn't reflect reality. $9Trillion is still $9Trillion that has to be paid back - or continue to COST taxpayers off the top. And the fact that China owns over 13% of it makes it worse.

During the 50's and 60's the tax base was spread over Corporate and HIGH income individuals [some paying 80% of income]. With Republican "tax reform" that tax base rolled down to where now the highest rate is 35%.

To simplify, during the early days of your little chart, any debt accrued had the majority of its interest paid either by Corp Taxes or by those making a FY2000 adjusted $1Million per year and up. NOW, everyone gets to contribute part of their Federal taxes [about 12% of Fed tax per income] to the National Debt.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 11:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Come to think of it that's an excellent statement that describes why I am poor. I am poorly paid so my school stays competitive and the boss takes in a fatter paycheck, can you counter this?
Respectfully, Prof, it isn't the same thing.

I am refering to the economy at a macro level. You have the option to accept employment earning more money at any time (commensurate with the value the market places on your labor, of course).

In your example, the school needs to offer a level of value (quality+price) that will attract and retain students. If they school could hire monkeys and deliver the same level of quality for a lower price, they would. (But monkeys need to be fed and sheltered, and they bite sometimes...so it is probably cheaper to keep you)

If the school is not paying you in line with what you bring to the table toward the effort, you can leave. (Rational people stay in jobs where they earn less than the maximum they could earn for a lot of good reasons. I have done the math. Doubling my pay + the inevitable divorce that would follow doesn't add up for me. ;-)
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Deficit spending is a reckless act perpetrated by individuals who know they will bear no financial responsibility for their actions.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
That is a great little chart, too bad it doesn't reflect reality. ...
It reflects EXACTLY the reality of the graph. Do you dispute that?
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Quit whining and get another job?

B
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 11:19 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
I would not mind being a monkey; at least I will be fed and can have sex in public with as many monkey girls I can catch. Beats the hell out of being an uptight human shithead
God are you listening? Forget reincarnating me into a blade of grass, I want to be a monkey
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-13-2007, 11:20 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Quit whining and get another job?

B
I am still waiting for a response for my offer to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in