Who is this kid anyway? - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Be careful he may sue you, he is a lawyer too, remember?
My Juris Doctorate is my secondary degree... I don't practice law.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianml
My principal has a Ph.D as well. You're so special.
Your principal has an Ed.D.! What is your degree in? A P.A.P. degree??

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:10 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Dr. of Philosophy! You would have to be a doctor too since you call yourself professor. What are you a doctor of?
Wrong you can be a professor without being a doctor. I have a master degree in engineering and an MBA but I can't handle any more schooling so I decided no PhD for me unless I get a five or four year paid sabatical then maybe I would consider it.
DP is offline  
post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Wrong you can be a professor without being a doctor. I have a master degree in engineering and an MBA but I can't handle any more schooling so I decided no PhD for me unless I get a five or four year paid sabatical then maybe I would consider it.
Professor is the highest academic rank on a college or university faculty. In descending order, the other ranks are associate professor, assistant professor, and instructor. (Graduate teaching assistants are generally not considered faculty.) I have never known a professor w/out at least a Ph.D., J.D. or M.D., but I will take your word for it. But I am curious what kind of school promotes an M.A. or M.B.A. to the highest academic rank? I know what you mean about no more schooling. There comes a point of no return and you just need to get on w/ your personal and professional life.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:32 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Professor is the highest academic rank on a college or university faculty. In descending order, the other ranks are associate professor, assistant professor, and instructor. (Graduate teaching assistants are generally not considered faculty.) I have never known a professor w/out at least a Ph.D., J.D. or M.D., but I will take your word for it. But I am curious what kind of school promotes an M.A. or M.B.A. to the highest academic rank? I know what you mean about no more schooling. There comes a point of no return and you just need to get on w/ your personal and professional life.
Simple, I teach at a college that does not offer PhD's. The highest degree is at the master level but that is changing and we will be offering a PhDs in computer science, electrical engineering and information assurance so I am certain that I will be forced to get one as a condition for continuous tenure. Until I hear from the dean and he is willing to pay for it and give me the time to do it I am happy where I am.
DP is offline  
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Simple, I teach at a college that does not offer PhD's. The highest degree is at the master level but that is changing and we will be offering a PhDs in computer science, electrical engineering and information assurance so I am certain that I will be forced to get one as a condition for continuous tenure. Until I hear from the dean and he is willing to pay for it and give me the time to do it I am happy where I am.
Understood!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 08:52 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: CLK55, ML430
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Asian...is Jawhawk a d!ckhole like this on MBWorld too. I can't remember?

1999 CLK430 Black/Black (Gone)
1999 ML430 Black Opal/Black
2003 CLK55 Black/Black
Stiggs is offline  
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 09:04 PM
BenzWorld Member
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to sin0822
so you guys are in your mid 50s fighting a kid who doesnt even have his license?
sin0822 is offline  
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,514
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1277 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
Yeah, but call someone a 'cock-sucking, ball-swabbing, ass-pounding rent boy' and they get down right bitchy.
You damn skippy! Watch those rent references, Ratched.
Attached Images
 

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 05:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggs
Hey Asian...is Jawhawk a d!ckhole like this on MBWorld too. I can't remember?
Yes.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

asianml is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    This kid got it right DestroyerW140 Off-Topic 5 12-10-2006 06:59 PM
    Ever wonder what your kid does on the PC when he's alone? firstmb Off-Topic 4 05-10-2006 04:07 PM
    Is this your kid ??? Daytona Off-Topic 21 01-03-2006 02:38 PM
    Who got their kid a.... ttaleric W163 M-Class 8 12-29-2005 10:48 AM
    For the kid in us all... sjtymko G-Class 0 11-25-2003 09:12 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome