Your Government At Work - Outlawing Incandescent Light Bulbs - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Anybody want to invest in my new company? Fireflies, Inc. is going public next week.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 02:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I've just read the last few of FoTL's posts............. He's either on drugs, or he really IS insane. I don't believe I've read more jibberish in such a short period of time, ever. They are the rantings of a wild man, someone that is totally out of control.
Dude, see a shrink, you need it bad.........................

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #73 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
I've just read the last few of FoTL's posts............. He's either on drugs, or he really IS insane. I don't believe I've read more jibberish in such a short period of time, ever. They are the rantings of a wild man, someone that is totally out of control.
Dude, see a shrink, you need it bad.........................
I've just read Bruce R last post , and all this time I just thought he was a dribbling old foo with hemroids , how wrong I was .
post #74 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 03:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
How simple and cute you are Bot! Apparently there is something you don't understand about how the Islamic fanatics who you want to kill with other people's sacrifice have come to have the resources needed to stalk and successfully kill us, isn't there? As a part of a national strategy to fight back ...
... we should sacrifice light bulbs!

B
post #75 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Holy crap! Guess I've fallen into Osama's trap . . . I've got lights in every room!
post #76 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Why do you hate Merka?
post #77 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 09:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So I come back from vacation and spend a week catching up before visiting OT and then come back to this. Folks defending 100+ year old technology of light by burning wire.

And further complaining that the government has apparently got a department that is actually doing what it is paid to do. Amazing. I am shocked that the Gov actually moved on this but it is about time. Taking an energy inefficient object off the market when there are 10 practical, inexpensive substitutes to replace it is a step forward.

For those who have not tried LED's yet [the auto example is those bright brake lights on new cars] the amount of light, their color characteristics and cost to light is really cool technology. And I don't have to worry about heat generation from the bulb [huuum, you mean I don't spend extra to cool the area twice?]. As a bonus, they last about three-four times longer - since they are not a wire that is burning out every time it is turned on.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #78 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 09:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
The gov has an obligation to reduce our level of overall energy consumption;...

No it doesn't.

B
Since a good number of our people do not appear to be smart enough, or care enough to do it themselves, then yes, the government needs to take a role. We are all citizens of the World and when we, as a country, ignore issues that affect the whole world, someone has to step in. We don't have the right to pee in the World's Wheaties and then just step back and say "not my problem".

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #79 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 01:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The incandescent lightbulb is a lighting dinosaur that emits 60% of its energy consumption as heat /40% only as visible light... what a waste!.
The filament technology is archaic, and the commonly emitted lightcolour @ 3500K* is as pathetically prehistoric as Naomillas cave fire as a modern day source of illumination - best utilised these days for a bakers display cabinet - or bedside lamp (pre sex) if your candle has already burnt its wick(!).
(* The 'K' is for Kelvin - look it up yourself to see that natural daylight is arguably around 5000-6000K, and that above this, emitted/perceived light has a cold blue/white tinge).
post #80 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 04:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
I've just read Bruce R last post , and all this time I just thought he was a dribbling old foo with hemroid , how wrong I was .
See how initial impressions can make an ass out of you.
Having trouble with reading comprehension and spelling again V?
Thanks for admitting that you were wrong, and that now you know better.....

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in