Your Government At Work - Outlawing Incandescent Light Bulbs - Page 15 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Masturbation is preconceptive murder. Let's give jerk-offs the chair.
So sayeth the resident Catholic???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Not another animal on the planet can discern between right and wrong. If you're too thick today to honestly segregate advocacy of abortion in any fashion from the trials and tribulations of animal husbandry, or at least state the conditions under which you find it acceptable to perform manslaughter, I'd recommend you replace the keyboard and mouse with a beer and a Barcalounger for the day.
Once you get over yourself and your incredibly narrow view of life in the universe, you might be able to accept that you are not a god, therefore have no right to impose your subjective morality upon others.

You are superior to all other fauna on our planet because they do not hold with or grasp your abstract and entirely subjective view of "right and wrong". I am "thick" because I hold my beliefs above yours, even though I have no desire to impose them upon you.

Look at your argument, you are unable to even state your case without sensationalizing it with inappropriate language and extremism. Believe as you will. I am no deity, therefore I lack your obvious ability to declare absolute rights and wrongs, as well as your suggestion that an unborn human fetus is endowed with rights and privileges that you deny actual living beings. Wave your hand, oh mighty one, that your wish might be granted, and all humanity born between 1948 - 1960 might perish, in favor of your cherished and blessed zygotes.

Perhaps you can then explain what any of this has to do with light bulbs.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #143 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
If you don't think a developing fetus is alive or that convenience abortions are wrong, *you* scrub in and perform an abortion on a 14 year old girl, whose parents don't even know what's going on thanks to bastard lawmakers who don't think it's a parent's business if their daughter gets an abortion, all because having a baby would be, like, a real bummer....then let me know how well you sleep that night.
Must I work in a slaughterhouse before I eat a steak?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #144 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Masturbation is preconceptive murder. Let's give jerk-offs the chair.
Especially the older ones, as standing a jerking off is liable to cause some expensive, medicare bills to get the old bastards back in an upright position. It is the only charitable thing to do. Jim
post #145 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Once you get over yourself and your incredibly narrow view of life in the universe, you might be able to accept that you are not a god, therefore have no right to impose your subjective morality upon others.

You are superior to all other fauna on our planet because they do not hold with or grasp your abstract and entirely subjective view of "right and wrong". I am "thick" because I hold my beliefs above yours, even though I have no desire to impose them upon you.

Look at your argument, you are unable to even state your case without sensationalizing it with inappropriate language and extremism. Believe as you will. I am no deity, therefore I lack your obvious ability to declare absolute rights and wrongs, as well as your suggestion that an unborn human fetus is endowed with rights and privileges that you deny actual living beings. Wave your hand, oh mighty one, that your wish might be granted, and all humanity born between 1948 - 1960 might perish, in favor of your cherished blessed zygotes.

Perhaps you can then explain what any of this has to do with light bulbs.
Well said, GS. The whole discussion is based on sensational rhetoric surrounding the definition of when a fetus can be considered a living thing granted legal "rights" of American citizens. Yet in the same argument there is clear denial of a right to privacy of a well established human living being with a name, social security number and at least one parent providing some care.

To each his/her own on this particular issue. Nature is pretty clear on this issue, and the answer has nothing to do with light bulbs. Jim
post #146 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
I'm confusing the cost benefits of standardization with the cost benefits of a free market , no sir I practicing speaking greenish , I drive a 500 V8 and need to get into the save the planet way of talking so when the mob come around to hack me to death for having a deathstar for a car I can talk my arse out it . I'll show them my bulbs of righteousness and my secret 'save the gay whale' t-shirt and in no time have them believe it's the guy next doors car and he's left it in my drive way the fucker !, hang on while I just get my pitch fork brothers .
For all I care you can build the lighthouse of Alexandria in you back yard if you don't like light bulbs .Mururhahaha
post #147 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Quote:
Until you can demonstrate how some pathetic 15 year-old girl's 10-week abortion in NYC interferes with your right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, your argument should be summarily dismissed. Likewise, until someone demonstrates that incandescent light bulb use interferes with their right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, the argument opposing their legal use should also be dismissed.
Your words are at odds with your, er, other words.

Either way, it's not my "subjective morality" that's at play, although I appreciate that you'd attribute such precepts as "thou shalt not kill" and some of the other language from the Declaration of Independence to me....they predate me by quite a bit, and they're among the piers on which our nation was built.

Here's a quote from a quaint old document that received mixed reviews:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Not exactly a "Godless" start to our country, nor ambiguous about the importance of life itself to the founding fathers. Either way, I remain flattered that you attribute those notions to me, as if they're uniquely 'mine'.

Sorry that your present condition also makes it impossible for you to separate a sarcastic "kill old people" rant from the topic of abortion, and that the 'logical end' of a discussion surrounding lightbulbs turned out to be an abortion discussion...oh, and if you weren't actually serious, then I apologize some more.
post #148 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

I'm sorry, but I seem to have missed the part about squishing zygotes. Can you please highlight that bit for me?

post #149 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Especially the older ones, as standing a jerking off is liable to cause some expensive, medicare bills to get the old bastards back in an upright position. It is the only charitable thing to do. Jim
Haha -- good one. I know you weren't talking about Bot -- nosiree.

post #150 of 176 (permalink) Old 02-12-2007, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I seem to have missed the part about squishing zygotes. Can you please highlight that bit for me?
It appears they aren't teaching *all* of the facets of the human reproductive process in Arizona. Not suprising I suppose, given where they rank nationally in education.

So, let me dispel some myths for you.
  1. Babies aren't brought by storks.
  2. Babies aren't made because 'mommy and daddy love each other very much'.
  3. The doctor doesn't wave a magic wand that turns a blob of lifeless, inanimate, amorphous matter into a human being during a mystical birthing ceremony.
  4. There isn't a cover charge or two-drink minimum in the delivery room.

In case you hadn't noticed, if you attack a pregnant woman and she suffers a miscarriage, even if she lives, you're a murderer. In fact, your home state of Arizona has homicide laws whereby fetuses are 'victims' at any stage of development. So much for the "it's not a person until it's born" argument...these people aren't going to jail because they squished a mold spore or put a caterpillar in the microwave.

So climb down off of your high-horse of anarchy, and decide which particular brands of murder you think are really acceptable and everyone else just needs to relax about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in