Lets get out - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Well OK, but who gets to be the Grand Wizard?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1990 300E
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Well OK, but who gets to be the Grand Wizard?
I am certain you can do better than that.
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Yes, anyone could rise above the level of bigotry demonstrated here.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Yes, anyone could rise above the level of bigotry demonstrated here.
So, if I understand you, one should never consider any group, regardless of their assault on the free world, to be of questionable character. Unusual concept.

Do you realize they want Ron and all of his family, friends DEAD....you are an infidel, and you, Ron, never hurt anyone.
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 07:13 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Australians should be held accountable for the slaughter of the American Indians, right? After all, they're white and they speak English.

After we round up all the brown people, who's next -- red, yellow, black? It's your call...

post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Australians should be held accountable for the slaughter of the American Indians, right? After all, they're white and they speak English.

After we round up all the brown people, who's next -- red, yellow, black? It's your call...
How can you equate a "Jihad" to the above?

Certainly all decent people want peace on earth, however when a group simply wants to wipe the earth clean of all but themselves do you find it wise to do nothing?

Can you give me an example of todays terror, worldwide, in history? Crusades? Maybe close.
post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:42 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

I believe our basic disagreement is in regard to the size and scope of this alleged "group". I do not hold all brown people responsible for the actions of a few brown individuals. By the same token, I do not hold all Anglo Americans responsible for the actions of Timothy McVeigh.

post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I believe our basic disagreement is in regard to the size and scope of this alleged "group". I do not hold all brown people responsible for the actions of a few brown individuals. By the same token, I do not hold all Anglo Americans responsible for the actions of Timothy McVeigh.
This is not "alleged", as these extremists are often proud to take credit for their actions. Also, did you forget the dancing in the street after 9/11?

I do agree that an entire group cannot be held responsible for the actions of relatively few. I do not feel it is in our best interest, or any of the free world, to turn our heads away from terrorist harboring nations. There is no easy answer, but it sickens me to see "smart" people turn on our country and/or its leadership.

Time will tell what the democrats will do on this one. Both parties have had their share of poor moves, so what.

I felt a need to start this thread with its history of terror to see the reactions and ideas....did you see the nonsense that many spewed.....yeah I'm some sort of nazi ......many here need a check up from the neck up.
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by my90300E
I do agree that an entire group cannot be held responsible for the actions of relatively few. I do not feel it is in our best interest, or any of the free world, to turn our heads away from terrorist harboring nations. There is no easy answer, but it sickens me to see "smart" people turn on our country and/or its leadership.
The problem is that the Bush administration whipped up a pack of lies in order to feed a frenzy of revenge in regard to invading and occupying a nation that did not harbor terrorists or represent any threat whatsoever to the U.S. Yes, Saddam was offering Palestinian terrorists a $25K stipend, but let's not pretend that has anything to do with anything outside of Israel. There are absolutely serious threats in the ME, but our presence in Iraq has done nothing but fan the flames and impede our ability to deal with them. That is why truckloads of people have turned on our leadership -- because they have turned on us.

post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-31-2007, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Senior Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
The problem is that the Bush administration whipped up a pack of lies in order to feed a frenzy of revenge in regard to invading and occupying a nation that did not harbor terrorists or represent any threat whatsoever to the U.S. Yes, Saddam was offering Palestinian terrorists a $25K stipend, but let's not pretend that has anything to do with anything outside of Israel. There are absolutely serious threats in the ME, but our presence in Iraq has done nothing but fan the flames and impede our ability to deal with them. That is why truckloads of people have turned on our leadership -- because they have turned on us.
We have heard war for oil, save the Kurds, terrorist training camps, the $$ for suicide bombers.....what else, sift out the BS, right....through our honest media. Yes, no doubt we are fanning the flames, all pre-war actions have failed, sanctions etc., can we allow empty threats to translate to weakness?

Lets cut to the quick....religion can, and often is, the most dangerous "cocktail" ever, and the ME is where it all started.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in