Surprise Surprise, John Kerry Slams His Own Country and then lies at Davos - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:07 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Surprise Surprise, John Kerry Slams His Own Country and then lies at Davos

John Kerry Slams His Own Country At Davos

Here’s John Kerry speaking while sitting just a few feet away from Mohammad Khatami, the former President of the Iranian terror state.

Kerry was asked about whether the U.S. government had failed to adequately engage Iran?s government before the election of hard-liner Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in 2005.

Kerry said the Bush administration has failed in addressing a number of foreign policy issues.

?When we walk away from global warming, Kyoto, when we are irresponsibly slow in moving toward AIDS in Africa, when we don?t advance and live up to our own rhetoric and standards, we set a terrible message of duplicity and hypocrisy,? Kerry said.

?So we have a crisis of confidence in the Middle East ? in the world, really. I?ve never seen our country as isolated, as much as a sort of international pariah for a number of reasons as it is today.??

Kerry criticized what he called the ?unfortunate habit? of Americans to see the world ?exclusively through an American lens.?

The Bush administration walked away from Kyoto? Methinks the Senator is revising history:

On July 25, 1997, before the Kyoto Protocol was finalized (although it had been fully negotiated, and a penultimate draft was finished), the U.S. Senate unanimously passed by a 95?0 vote the Byrd-Hagel Resolution (S. Res. 98), which stated the sense of the Senate was that the United States should not be a signatory to any protocol that did not include binding targets and timetables for developing as well as industrialized nations or “would result in serious harm to the economy of the United States”. On November 12, 1998, Vice President Al Gore symbolically signed the protocol. Both Gore and Senator Joseph Lieberman indicated that the protocol would not be acted upon in the Senate until there was participation by the developing nations. The Clinton Administration never submitted the protocol to the Senate for ratification. . . .

The current President, George W. Bush, has indicated that he does not intend to submit the treaty for ratification, not because he does not support the Kyoto principles, but because of the exemption granted to China (the world’s second largest emitter of carbon dioxide). Bush also opposes the treaty because of the strain he believes the treaty would put on the economy; he emphasizes the uncertainties which he asserts are present in the climate change issue.

It was a unanimous Senate (with five abstainers) as well as the Clinton administration who walked away from Kyoto. The current administration walked away from Kyoto as well, but for the same reasons as the Clinton administration. Kerry himself, in fact, voted for the Byrd-Hagel Resolution to keep us out of Kyoto. Yet here he is now, a decade later, dishonestly accusing the current administration of isolating this country from the world on an issue like Kyoto that Kerry himself opposed for the very same reasons the Bush administration opposes it.

John Kerry Slams His Own Country At Davos | KXNet.com North Dakota News
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Yawn. Most of us do not share your apparent adoration of Mr. Kerry. Sorry he disappointed you.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Yawn. Most of us do not share your apparent adoration of Mr. Kerry. Sorry he disappointed you.
Surely you jest, he did not disappoint, he reconfirmed the lack of morals, principles and honesty that I associate with the Democratic party
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

You seem to think he's important, no one else does... Or perhaps this is just about bigotry.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Bigotry? Draw me a picture.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Didn't you just suggest that close to half the people in the U.S. have a "lack of morals, principles and honesty", just because of their voting preference? I prefer to deal with individuals, not partisanship. Partisanship is a social disease, coming under the heading of bigotry.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Didn't you just suggest that close to half the people in the U.S. have a "lack of morals, principles and honesty", just because of their voting preference? I prefer to deal with individuals, not partisanship. Partisanship is a social disease, coming under the heading of bigotry.
No I was not thinking that far ahead. I rather think that the Democratic party in office not the people voting the democratic ticket their only goa; is to take back the whitehouse and they will do or say anything they can to achieve this goal. Personally I think for the long run 2010 to 2012 it could be the worst thing to happen ot the States.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

And I don't think that party affiliation is nearly as important as the qualities of the individual who attains the position. You are very far away. From such a perspective, it is not surprising that you can only see the forest. GWB is the worst thing that's happened to my country during my lifetime. Not because he is a Republican, not because he is an evangelical, and not because he is anything other than who he is.

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
And I don't think that party affiliation is nearly as important as the qualities of the individual who attains the position. You are very far away. From such a perspective, it is not surprising that you can only see the forest. GWB is the worst thing that's happened to my country during my lifetime. Not because he is a Republican, not because he is an evangelical, and not because he is anything other than who he is.
Well thats all fine and dandy but when you are voting you are not just voting for the man/woman who will be President but also for their entire party. You can blame just George Bush but the whole party and his administration is corrupt. Not saying there is not corruption with the Democrats but definately IMO the lesser of two evils.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

He picked his administration, and his administration strong-armed the legislative branch into nonperformance, if not utter ineptitude. A decent human being, who places the welfare of his country and its constituents above pride, personal ambition and party affiliation would not tread such a path as POTUS.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in