How to militarily defeat a violent insurgency: Hunt them down and kill them - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman
We didn't fuck the Iraqis by going there or being there, we just had a piss poor plan to finish the job.
That is the very definition of fucking an entire nation of weak and dependent people. What the hell are you talking about? Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
We didn't fuck the Iraqis by going there or being there, we just had a piss poor plan to finish the job.
Actually we did and we had. America, masters at multi tasking.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
None of these conservatives ask themselves just what it is they have done to the Iraqi people, and whether they deserved any of it. How can any of you people morally justify what we did here? Are you animals, or human beings? For God sakes, we are better people than that - people who would kill others by the thousands on evidence that was flimsy and exaggerated, and then occupy them against their will even after the reasons we attacked them turned out to be false. We should have begged their forgiveness, but instead we just kept killing them. How did we go from the most civilized nation on earth, to that? There is a serious, serious question here for men who consider themselves decent men, of whether this president is a war criminal. It is time to forget the politics and ask ourselves some serious questions here, as moral people.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 01-23-2007 at 09:07 PM.
post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
That is the very definition of fucking an entire nation of weak and dependent people. What the hell are you talking about? Jim
That was in reference to the quoted post in which I think I read we fucked them by going there in the first place. I agree the lack of planning and execution of the whole thing was piss poor, but had we removed Saddam, secured the country (what we fucked up), and established self governance, I don't believe the people would be helping the insurgents as the quoted post implied they did at the outset.
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:18 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1990 300E
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I wonder it is because this small group of nuts did not have popular support, and that the Phillipines, who are very sensitive about the presence of US troops, WHAT! THE SUBIC BAY WHORES LOVED US,were not being fucked in the ass by a foreign invader. I know if I was being fucked in the ass by a foreigner invader, I would give my armed insurgent friends lots of places to hide, and I would make ammonia nitrate out of my piss for them, so they could kill as many of you as possibleOH YES, YOU CAN FIX ANYTHING. DUh ya think the Phillys would do that for their bad guys? perhaps the non-presence of GOP cock up their anuses had something to do with that!WATCH YOU BLOOD PRESSURE....ITS JUST A LITTLE, MUCH NEEDED ADJUSTMENT OF ELIMINATION OF EXTREMISTS.....YOUR POSTS SOUND AKIN TO SHIT, FUCKING, COCK IN ANUS EXTREMISM.

EXTREMISM IN ANY FORM IS FUCKING, FUCKED IN THE ASS, SHIT, COCK IN THE ANUS DANGEROUS.

Maybe another nice trip to the island would calm you....leave the laptop at home!
post #16 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
That was in reference to the quoted post in which I think I read we fucked them by going there in the first place. I agree the lack of planning and execution of the whole thing was piss poor, but had we removed Saddam, secured the country (what we fucked up), and established self governance, I don't believe the people would be helping the insurgents as the quoted post implied they did at the outset.
Since civil war was an obvious (some had said inevitable) outcome of our invasion, why would you assert that inflicting this upon these people was not synonymous with "f*****g" them? The things I highlighted in your post are and always were impossible for us to accomplish. Many of us, and many in the Bush administration, knew this. Those members of the Bush administration have all been subsequently encouraged to seek employment elsewhere.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #17 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 09:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
ed, tells all again why we "had to remove Saddam"?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #18 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Put yourself in their shoes. Remember "Shock and Awe?" How would you feel if you were living in the areas targeted for that event? And, in the end, what the hell did it accomplish other than turn the population you expected to welcome us, into people fearful and mistrusting us?

Bush is responsible for selecting Iraq to invade, selecting the timing, selecting the battle plan and refusing to acknowledge the results did not measure up before 4 years went by. I see nothing in those decisions to warrant trusting him to continue making decisons for us in matters of any importance. Jim
post #19 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:23 PM
CH4S Artist

Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Indonesia is failing as a country since the resignation of Suharto just for the very reasons stated above, he had his faults but he kept the beuracracy within in limits with his ways. Now with the scrutiny of the media and every other govt. ass with his handout under the table looking for cash international investors are investing in other countries. Now with little international investment there are shortfalls in the budgets each year hence raising taxes and the govt. itself looking for a bigger cut of the natural resources deals they have with the majors, such as any of the major mining and oil and gas operations. Legal contracts for these operations are being overlooked and they are trying to renegotiate most.
IMOP, the people of some Countries are not yet ready to live and function within a Democratic framework.
post #20 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 11:31 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone
IMOP, the people of some Countries are not yet ready to live and function within a Democratic framework.
Yes very true, mentally they are still have this tribal mentality.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in