Major report on Climate Change exposes Republican lies on Global Warming - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:57 PM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey Davey, "No man has power to exert influence over nature", where I have I heard that proposition before? Are you actually descended from King Cnut, or is that anagram pure coincidence?
Attached Images
 
deathrattle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Location: Inside my head
Posts: 36,850
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
You're Cnuts!
Botnst is offline  
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
FeelTheLove's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Location: Planet Houston
Posts: 28,829
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
He BUHLEEVZ. Gore almighty, he BELIEVES!

Every fucking one of us! Dear Gore, please don't let SATAN kill us!

What the fuck are you talking about FTL? Massive amounts of carbon? Gore damn you are an idiot.

So what does CO2 do that is bad...aside form making plants grow like crazy.

Please contrast with what water vapor (ignored by liberals) does.

Then help us understand what the fuck you are talking about when you make the idiotic claim that any amount of CO2 produced by man could possibly have any measurable effect on the climate since it is such a small part of the picture.

Give us your best "tipping point" argument.

Make us laugh.
So, we take your word for that. We don't take the opinion of one of the most, it not the most prestigious scientific bodies ever assembled. BWAABHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH AAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHAAH!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HAZHAHAHHSHSHAHSHSH!!! You're fucking cnrazy!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
FeelTheLove is offline  
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
Shane, I have posted detail after detail after detail on the subject: Are man's activities affecting the climate in any signifcant way?

You respond with one liners like "Golly gee neocons sure are dumb-dumbs"

Then FTL weighs in with the idiocy that the argument is over wether the climate is changing or not.

1) When was Earth's climate stable?
answer: NEVER
2) What can we do that will stabilize the climate?
answer: NOTHING
3) Does our activity signifcantly affect the climate?

answer: WE DON'T KNOW

Those who resent our way of life naturally are quick to say "it isn't worth taking a chance".

For those of us who feel that our way of life is worth something need more convincing to give it up.
You make unfounded assumptions about the motives of those who want to control the human influence on global climate changes. It is a method for distracting your, and many readers' thought processes from a logical assessment of the mechanisms involved. As long as you are unwilling to go through the mental exercise of trying to understand the role of CO2, and other emissions by our industry, a burden on the environment that is supporting a phenomenal population increase over the last century, you will be free to stand on the sidelines and scream slogans and simplistic, out of context facts and deride those like Gore who have brought this issue to forefront of national debate. Even Bush acknowledged tonight that we are being faced with a serious challenge to control global climate change.

So, either make an intellectually honest case for why the added load on the environment by human endeavors is not going to influence the rate of climate change, or spend the effort to understand the argument of those who find the data being uncovered, not only concerning the magnitude of the load being imposed by human activity, but also on how the system has managed to achieve a damping of responses to natural phenomena in the past, and for some time, to the growing burden of the human activity today and tomorrow. These mechanisms are not particularly thoroughly understood as, until now, they were an inconspicuous part of the environment that we hardly noticed, much less studied. So, our understanding of these mechanisms is rudimentary, however, there is not a single feature being identified that suggests the system is capable of continuing to damp the response to uncontrolled increases in the load of CO2 and other emissions from human acivities we have seen over the last decades and the likely growth in that burden coming as the population continues to increase. That alone is enough to suggest the issue is real. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
He BUHLEEVZ. Gore almighty, he BELIEVES!

Every fucking one of us! Dear Gore, please don't let SATAN kill us!

What the fuck are you talking about FTL? Massive amounts of carbon? Gore damn you are an idiot.

So what does CO2 do that is bad...aside form making plants grow like crazy.

Please contrast with what water vapor (ignored by liberals) does.

Then help us understand what the fuck you are talking about when you make the idiotic claim that any amount of CO2 produced by man could possibly have any measurable effect on the climate since it is such a small part of the picture.

Give us your best "tipping point" argument.

Make us laugh.
You sound like a couple of radio show hosts that made the news in California recently, suggesting that drinking water in large quantities must be ok because we are essentially 98% water so they could run a contest to see who could hold their load after drinking the most water before they had to pee. They ended up killing a woman with that contest, even after they were warned by someone from the medical community that it was possible to be fatally poisoned by drinking too much water. Please explain why you feel so strongly that if you don't know whether human contributions to the CO2 burden on the environment, along with other emissions, are affecting the ability of the global climate system "controls" to damp the system's response, just continuing to increase the load is so clearly ok?

Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 05:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
You have insults, I have a post on one of the most, if not the most important scientific reports in history. What a couple of fucking fools!
You have posted OPINION moron, not proof! A number of years ago there were very "important scientific reports" that the world was flat.
There flat out is NO proof that global warming is caused by man. Get a life you idiot, posting this stupidity here just shows what a gullible fool you really are, but then again your political tirades have already shown that haven't they?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 08:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
What I found compelling about the Gore movie was the record of CO2 PPM in the atmosphere and how closely it corresponds with the temperature of the atmosphere.

CO2 levels have fluctuated, that is true. When the CO2 levels rose and fell, the temperature rose and fell. The system seems to be self-regulating when left to its own devices (without human intervention).

We are adding tons of CO2 into the atmosphere. That fact is indisputable. And, according to the Antarctic ice core samples, the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is the higher now than it has ever been.

That's not a theory. That's science. The only faith needed to reach a logical conclusion is faith in logic.
Gregs300CD is offline  
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 08:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
You have posted OPINION moron, not proof! A number of years ago there were very "important scientific reports" that the world was flat.
There flat out is NO proof that global warming is caused by man. Get a life you idiot, posting this stupidity here just shows what a gullible fool you really are, but then again your political tirades have already shown that haven't they?
So, Bruce, you equate the body of scientific intellectual capability that exists today with the body of similarly categorized capability that existed when Ferdinand Magellan circumnavigated the globe? Sorry, I am somewhat more confident that the scientific community of our modern world is slightly more capable than those who promoted the earth being flat. But, like true superficial thinkers of the day then, there are plenty of superficial thinkers today who find it more secure and comforting to deny what pioneers of science are telling them.

Do us all a favor and offer a theory of how the global climate control mechanisms are immune to whatever humans do to the composition of our atmosphere. Apply the same rules you would impose on the other side to your argument. Give us some proof. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 08:28 AM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
BruceR
"A number of years ago there were very "important scientific reports" that the world was flat."

This is yet another popular mis-conception. The opposite of your statement is true. Through past millennia, many civilisations independently deduced that the world was not flat, through scientific observation and calculations. In the 'west', this was concluded centuries ago by the natural philosophers of the day, and simply demonstrated by way of ship's masts appearing on the horizon before emergence of the hull. As is still the case today, the contrary illogical viewpoint was espoused religious freaks and dogmatists, who refused to accept the scientific evidence. Some things never change.
deathrattle is offline  
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-24-2007, 09:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Gregs300CD's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,044
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
If your car could drive vertically, you would be in space in less than an hour. Our atmosphere is actually pretty thin.

Which do you believe:

1) We can not do anything to alter the chemical composition of the atmosphere,

or

2) The chemical composition of the atmosphere can not affect things on the surface of the planet.
Gregs300CD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Global Warming Over? 430 Off-Topic 30 01-06-2007 03:29 AM
    Global Climate Change: It's not just for breakfast anymore Check Codes Off-Topic 82 01-01-2007 08:38 PM
    Global Warming DP Off-Topic 40 10-31-2006 10:53 PM
    A refresher on Global Cooling. errrr Global Warming 430 Off-Topic 67 04-07-2006 06:55 PM
    Global Warming Woolly R171 SLK-Class 6 02-26-2005 03:21 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome