Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 10:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Great speaker, articulate, yet very friendly, and well-liked by just about everyone... Watch for him -- he does impress...
I like Richardson, too. Straight up guy.

Lanny Davis and Robert Reich are up there on my list of classy Dems, too.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 06:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 1997 S320 LWB
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
He would make a great president but he has a real uphill battle going against the name recognition of Clinton and the recent media coverage of Obama.
I honestly dont think Clinton or Obama have a chance of winning. Obama, a student of Muslim teachings and a former (?) cocaine user. Hillary supported the war and all the money in the world will not change that, plus she's a woman. From the current crop I'd vote for Biden.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Not that he has a chance....

Bill Richardson Takes First Step Toward 2008 Presidential Race

New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson announced early Sunday morning that he has formed an exploratory committee for the 2008 presidential election, taking his first step official step toward a bid for the White House.

Although Richardson has been best known lately for deal brokering in foreign affairs and he has an extensive background in Washington, took care to highlight his experience with state government in New Mexico.

“Our next President must be able to bring a country together that is divided and partisan,” Richardson said in a statement released Sunday. “It is clear that Washington is broken and it’s going to take a return to bipartisanship and simple respect for each other’s views to get it fixed. Most public policy solutions these days are coming from Governors and state government. On issues like the environment, jobs, and health care, state governments are leading the way. And that’s because we can’t be partisan or we won’t get our jobs done. That’s a lesson I’ve learned as Governor and that’s what I’ll do as President.”

Richardson, who has worked as a United Nations ambassador, served as a U.S. Representative and as the energy secretary under President Bill Clinton, joins Hillary Clinton in the weekend’s announcements of presidential bids.

Richardson would be America’s first Hispanic president if he gets to the White House but said on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday that he won’t use that as the only leg to his platform.

“I wouldn’t run as a Hispanic candidate. I would run as an American proud to be Hispanic,” he said.

Richardson’s potential run sheds even more of the spotlight this election cycle onto the Mountain West. With Denver’s hosting of the Democratic National Convention and Arizona’s caucus, the West is well poised to be the political player that Western leaders have been pushing it to be.
Best of the Democratic contenders thus far.

B
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 07:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerW140
I honestly dont think Clinton or Obama have a chance of winning. Obama, a student of Muslim teachings and a former (?) cocaine user. Hillary supported the war and all the money in the world will not change that, plus she's a woman. From the current crop I'd vote for Biden.
Biden steals the best speeches.

B
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-23-2007, 08:11 AM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
#$%:
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in