24 more American soldiers murdered by Bush, Rice and Cheney on Saturday - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dave, you ignorant slut. Not only do the Arabs agree with me, the whole world agrees with me. At this point, the War in Iraq is administered by the Republican Party and being fought by the GOP militia in Iraq, with 70% of the American people, and probably even more of the world populace as a whole in countries like England, so what we have here is a war being fought by a bunch of thugs who hijacked us into it. Tell me Dave, you fucking genius, what is your definition of "winning" in Iraq? Do you even know what Bush's definition is? I think the heart of this problem is you guys are utterly, totally confused about just what the fuck it is you are doing over there. The problem doesn't lie with the left, it lies with you.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:56 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Another British soldier killed in Iraq this afternoon. Our losses now stand at 130.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 12:04 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Another British soldier killed in Iraq this afternoon. Our losses now stand at 130.
sad tally - the whole Iraq thing is such a bloody mess, and a damned disgrace that it continues.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 07:12 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Vehicle: '01 C320
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
You are winning the war against the US. Just like back in the 60s. Liberals greatest victory. The US leaving Vietnam. Heady stuff, man.
This is all I need to know about Dave's viewpoint. Anyone who thinks that Vietnam was a worthwhile war that was "winnable" if only the darn hippies would have let them fight it; is worth ignoring. How myopic and ill informed can you be?!?!?!
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Dave, you ignorant slut. Not only do the Arabs agree with me, the whole world agrees with me. At this point, the War in Iraq is administered by the Republican Party and being fought by the GOP militia in Iraq, with 70% of the American people, and probably even more of the world populace as a whole in countries like England, so what we have here is a war being fought by a bunch of thugs who hijacked us into it. Tell me Dave, you fucking genius, what is your definition of "winning" in Iraq? Do you even know what Bush's definition is? I think the heart of this problem is you guys are utterly, totally confused about just what the fuck it is you are doing over there. The problem doesn't lie with the left, it lies with you.

Guess there weren't any willing females to provide you some release in Hawaii. Shame, that....

Anyway, I'm in the world, and I don't agree with you, so it can now be fairly assumed that you freely and carelessly use hyperbolic and bombastic language to make up for the lack of validity and substance in your crazed and sociopathic rantings. (That sentence is worth at least $3.50).

So, out of curiosity, let's say your company sends you on assignment to a major metropolitan area in the US that has a high crime rate. While there, you die - a victim of anonymous violent crime. Do you honestly believe the President, Vice-President, and other executives at your company are culpable for your death?

Remember, you accepted employment with them - you sought it actively, on a willing/professional/volunteer-for-pay basis. Also, realize that your company isn't in the business of killing/losing it's employees, because it's not profitable - death is to be avoided at all costs.

Your vehement anger and ire toward the President (et al) is based in a very murky set of ideals that conveniently dispose of facts and fair suppositions that cloud the perfect conspiracy you're trying to create. Namely, you think that the heightened death toll of American soldiers is one of their objectives - in fact, completely the opposite is true. If you were to consider your allegations from the perspective that our military is trying to minimize casualties rather than increase them, you may see how outrageous it is to call them murderers.

As such, if there was any validity to your message, it's been lost in the rhetorical insanity - to wit, you entitle this thread in such a way as to accuse three individuals of murder. Not accidental manslaughter, not negligent homicide - murder. You sir, are a very, very sick individual.

Fortunately, American soldiers have fought (and will continue to fight) for the rights of imbicillic ingrates such as yourself to freely say and do whatever you please.

Now, if you please, go get examined - fill your prescription and take it regularly.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Nicely stated.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
....So, out of curiosity, let's say your company sends you on assignment to a major metropolitan area in the US that has a high crime rate. While there, you die - a victim of anonymous violent crime. Do you honestly believe the President, Vice-President, and other executives at your company are culpable for your death?

Remember, you accepted employment with them - you sought it actively, on a willing/professional/volunteer-for-pay basis. Also, realize that your company isn't in the business of killing/losing it's employees, because it's not profitable - death is to be avoided at all costs.

Your vehement anger and ire toward the President (et al) is based in a very murky set of ideals that conveniently dispose of facts and fair suppositions that cloud the perfect conspiracy you're trying to create. Namely, you think that the heightened death toll of American soldiers is one of their objectives - in fact, completely the opposite is true. If you were to consider your allegations from the perspective that our military is trying to minimize casualties rather than increase them, you may see how outrageous it is to call them murderers.

As such, if there was any validity to your message, it's been lost in the rhetorical insanity - to wit, you entitle this thread in such a way as to accuse three individuals of murder. Not accidental manslaughter, not negligent homicide - murder. You sir, are a very, very sick individual.

Fortunately, American soldiers have fought (and will continue to fight) for the rights of imbicillic ingrates such as yourself to freely say and do whatever you please.

Now, if you please, go get examined - fill your prescription and take it regularly.
Cuban,

Your analogy falls a little short - the company is in business for profit and the military is supposed to be in existence to protect America, its citizens and its interests. As such, the voluntary nature of the agreement between a company, which can be terminated at any point by the employee just by resigning, is not quite the same as the arrangement between soldiers and US Government. Those who would rather just come back cannot.

I think the part you intentionally miss in the accusation by FTL centers around the ill defined "mission" in Iraq. While it is true we are there and have screwed things up in a major way, and should be held responsible for the screwing up, and will look bad if we just admit it is so screwed up we can't fix it and leave, the "mission" is still very poorly defined, and is leading to more needless deaths on both sides while the slogan "victory in Iraq" is mulled over and a mission is identified.

We invaded Iraq under false pretenses. We will soon find out if it was a purposeful deception or whether it was just immensely poor judgement. But the rationale for invading, no matter what you would like to think, was to wrest WMD from Saddam's control and deny them to potential anti-American terrorists. That turned out to be smoke and mirrors BS, and when the smoke cleared and the mirrors were taken down, there were no WMD and we never actually debated what the next step should be. We were told deposing Saddam was good enough. In the USA that is not acceptable. Blame Bush and his pet Republican Party controlled Congress. And the gutless Democrats who went along for the ride without mounting any credible arguments to bring this whole Iraq invasion mission back to Congress for debate back in late 2003.

In the end, out of pure incompetence and arrogance, we endured 4 years of failed leadership by Bush in Iraq. The continued policy, without a clear definition that does not rely on slogans that convey no details, is equal to negligent homicide. By not demanding that Bush identify in clear and concise terms what the mission is, and how this mission will be carried out, we are all accomplices to this negligent homicide.

For those who find squeezing Mr. Bush for such details distasteful, and facing the criticism from inside America as well as from the rest of the world so disconcerting that the only reaction is to dismiss it or label it treasonous, ask yourself why? America is a great nation, but that greatness was not achieved by denying our mistakes. We have always confronted our actions and sorted out the good from the bad and tried to improve our performance. This means doing more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff. If you can't see what is bad, acknowledge our failures and take appropriate actions, this process fails. When the process fails, America is harmed.

So, the accusation of murder is as a minimum, negligent homicide. Still a crime. I for one, have no idea what is meant by "victory in Iraq" for the US at this time. If I don't know what it means, I cannot justify American's being killed and killing others for that purpose. Do you know what Bush means with this slogan? If so, please enlighten us. Presuming you think you know what he means, how about telling us why you think he has it right this time as it sounds a lot like just more of what we were doing before, which didn't work at all.

I can tell you what I think needs to be done, and it is a binary decision making event. If we stay and try to fix what we broke, we need massive cooperation from the rest of the free world, and the neighboring Arab countries. If we cannot manage that task, garnering this support in terms of troop committments and funds, through diplomatic means (a skill set this administration is especially short on, possibly even barren) we should get the hell out tomorrow. This is a problem we made, but the solution is bigger than we can manage. We need help and we need it now, or we need to leave. 20,000 added troops is less than a 20% increase, if all 20,000 go to Iraq at the same time. If they are merely another 20,000 committed troops, that could mean a "boots on the ground" increase of less than 10,000. Which is less than 10% more. No case has been made that we were 10% short on troops. I think we are short by a factor of 5. This whole MBA driven military decision making is failing. Go look at what worked the last time we really did the job right. How many troops occupied West Germany in the immediate years following the end of WWII? What evidence do we have that we can do that job better using fewer soldiers in much more hostile, volatile and less well understood set of circumstances? Jim
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 10:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
This is all I need to know about Dave's viewpoint. Anyone who thinks that Vietnam was a worthwhile war that was "winnable" if only the darn hippies would have let them fight it; is worth ignoring. How myopic and ill informed can you be?!?!?!
Apparently I am less ill-informed than yourself.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 10:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
You already won the war against the US, FTL.

So put on some Peter, Paul and Mary and relax.

Mission Accomplished! Allah O'Ahkbar!

Death to murdering dog Boosh! Death to Amerika!
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 10:49 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Davey, who is this Irish/Arab gentelman, Allah O'Ahkbar, to whom you so frequently refer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in