Libby Seeks Jurors Who Trust Cheney - FTL are you available? - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Libby Seeks Jurors Who Trust Cheney - FTL are you available?

Libby Seeks Jurors Who Trust Cheney

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A potential juror in the perjury trial of former White House aide "Scooter" Libby was allowed to remain in the jury pool Wednesday after saying she would be impartial and put aside her tepid impression of Vice President Dick Cheney, an expected defense witness.

"I'm not particularly impressed with a lot of his manners of being, but I can't speak to his credibility," said the woman, who works for the Department of Health and Human Services, as jury selection continued for a second day.

Cheney's credibility has emerged as a key issue, with defense lawyers looking for a panel that can trust the vice president, expected to testify on behalf of Libby, his former chief of staff. Libby is accused of lying to investigators about his conversations with journalists about an outed CIA officer.
Libby's attorneys say it's critical they know whether potential jurors view the vice president as credible. Two people who expressed doubts about that were dismissed from the jury pool Tuesday.
"I don't have the highest opinion of him," a young financial analyst said. "If I had to rank people as to credibility, I wouldn't put him at the top of the list."
He was dismissed, as was a young woman who said she was "completely without objectivity" about Bush administration officials who might be called to testify.
"There is nothing they could say or do that would make me think anything positive about them," the woman said moments before she was excused from the jury pool by U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton.
Opening arguments are planned Monday in a trial expected to take up to six weeks.
CIA officer Valerie Plame's identity was leaked to the press in 2003, around the time her husband, Joseph Wilson, was criticizing the Bush administration's march to war. The trial hinges not on the source of the leak but whether Libby lied to investigators. He says he forgot his conversations with reporters because he had more pressing matters on his mind.

BREITBART.COM - Libby Seeks Jurors Who Trust Cheney
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
In the last few weeks I have traveled thru eight time zones and have worked in about five major cities. If you read any paper, liberal or conservative, listen to the local talk shows, etc, disgust with this administration over its penchant for lying and deciet has become universal. Over the War in Iraq, it has become nearly unanimous. My favorite letter to the editor was the Republican small business owner who stated that the last election was the first time in his life he had voted for a Democrat, and that in the next election, if there is more than a token US presence in Iraq he is going to vote for Democrats "right down to dog catcher". With news like that, I am now hoping that Cheney and Bush will stay in office for their full terms. There is an old saying that politicians who do not realize that in a democracy, the people are jealous of their own power, and that they do not take kindly to politicians who ignore their will - I can think of no better description of the Bush/Cheney mob. Cheney and Bush have spit in the face of the American people. Those who support them, and those who just happen to be of the same party, will in the end pay a hell of a price for that, and once the GOP is cast out of power, for generations the Democrats will simply point at the excesses of the Bush GOP, with their Terry Schiavo religiousity, their spying on the people, their illegal wars, their corruption, their arrogance even in the face of obvious failure, their Katrina-style callousness and mismanagement, all of it will be an albatross around the neck of the GOP more profound than they will ever imagine.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 01-17-2007 at 11:25 AM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
You know I believe there too be alot of truth in what you write above but you fail to remember that the only thing it would take to put Republicans back in power in a heartbeat is that there be the DEMS turning a blind eye and a tight pocketbook in protecting the US from another disaster not even to the extreme of 9/11 to take place, that is all it would take.

Besides, how could anyone not trust a guy named "Scooter"?
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What irritates me about the story above is how the liberal media is still not acknowledging in their reports that there was NOT a republican who leaked out Valeries name, just as in the report above...:

CIA officer Valerie Plame's identity was leaked to the press in 2003, around the time her husband, Joseph Wilson, was criticizing the Bush administration's march to war. The trial hinges not on the source of the leak but whether Libby lied to investigators.

Which leads creedance that it was a smear campaign by repubs which it was not.

Fuck the media.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Cut the crap man, all these guys were up to their eyeballs in it.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
You know I believe there too be alot of truth in what you write above but you fail to remember that the only thing it would take to put Republicans back in power in a heartbeat is that there be the DEMS turning a blind eye and a tight pocketbook in protecting the US from another disaster not even to the extreme of 9/11 to take place, that is all it would take.

Besides, how could anyone not trust a guy named "Scooter"?
I have never understood why you guys think that is true. If some Iraqi goat farmers come to the US and exact some terrible revenge for us killing their kids, how does that help the GOP? If Al queda commits a terrorist act in one of the cities that have been screaming for more security funding as the GOP sends "homeland security grants" to Bum Fuck, South Dakota, how does that help them? If Osama Bin Laden's fingerprints are all over it, after years of letting him run around loose to the point he might as well have his own TV program, how does that help the GOP? And the total clusterfuck of Iraq, how does that help their supposed reputation as the war-fighters, when they totally screwed the pooch when it came to fighting a war? The real fact is the Republicans have bungled the war on terror. Simply bungled it. I doubt there is much of anything that will change the public's now concrete perception of that.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If Osama is killed(I kinda think hes already dead) and relative peace is restored in the one or two cities where there is hell and withdrawl of the troops begins before Bush's term is over, i think the people(those who are easily swayed) will think more kindly than you believe.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I have never understood why you guys think that is true. If some Iraqi goat farmers come to the US and exact some terrible revenge for us killing their kids, how does that help the GOP? If Al queda commits a terrorist act in one of the cities that have been screaming for more security funding as the GOP sends "homeland security grants" to Bum Fuck, South Dakota, how does that help them? If Osama Bin Laden's fingerprints are all over it, after years of letting him run around loose to the point he might as well have his own TV program, how does that help the GOP? And the total clusterfuck of Iraq, how does that help their supposed reputation as the war-fighters, when they totally screwed the pooch when it came to fighting a war? The real fact is the Republicans have bungled the war on terror. Simply bungled it. I doubt there is much of anything that will change the public's now concrete perception of that.
You know unfortunately it will take the DEMS winning the next presidential election and terrorist death & destruction in side the borders of the US before 1 of us is proven wrong. If it would stop any such attack and the deaths, I would concede right now, unfortunately my concession means nothing to terrorists hell bent on killing Americans
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 01:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
If Osama is killed(I kinda think hes already dead) and relative peace is restored in the one or two cities where there is hell and withdrawl of the troops begins before Bush's term is over, i think the people(those who are easily swayed) will think more kindly than you believe.
The first may happen, but the other one never will. The reason is that Bush made a strategic mistake with all this cowboy bullshit he pulls. Syria and Iran, continually threatened with invasion and faced with Bush's refusal to negotiate with anyone, have a vested interest in keeping us totally tied down in Iraq so they themselves will not be attacked by us. This is the reason the Iraq Study Group reccommended we attempt talks with these two nations. The other options, more troops or a wider war, are now politically impossible in the US. Of course, the original mistake was the attempted occupation of Iraq. Under our current force structure, coupled with the fact the so-called "Iraqi" Army will always be riddled with religious kooks or Baathist spys, we will never be able to prevent suicide bombings, IED attacks, and all the other types of violence that takes only one or two dedicated individuals to pull off. This is why this war has been a fool's errand. We have no real base of popular support in Iraq, never have, never will. If we had indeed been greeted as liberators, it would have been different, but we were not, and all we will ever do is bleed there.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Cheney and Bush have spit in the face of the American people. Those who support them, and those who just happen to be of the same party, will in the end pay a hell of a price for that, and once the GOP is cast out of power, for generations the Democrats will simply point at the excesses of the Bush GOP, with their Terry Schiavo religiousity, their spying on the people, their illegal wars, their corruption, their arrogance even in the face of obvious failure, their Katrina-style callousness and mismanagement, all of it will be an albatross around the neck of the GOP more profound than they will ever imagine.
You hope....for generations.......but don't forget the Neofascists will stop at nothing, look at the Swiftboat bastards, and their ilk, and look what they did to Dukakis, George McGovern and Muskie.

You should see those neanderthals on Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Marauder, and Towncar (the smokin lizard lounge). they equate Cindy Sheehan, Pelosi and Hillary with the devil himself while actually praising the "home schooling" and "large numbers of children" as the only questionable traits of the Kentucky snake handling religious nuts in Kentucky. (You should go in there & give them guys a piece of your mind)

We have people morally equivalent to the Islamofascists closer than you think.

They are still saying, if you don't stop them in Baghdad you will be after them in Akron! And they actually *believe* it.

There a lot of people around like that, you could tell them Christmas came in December and the sun would rise tomorrow and if the Dems said it they wouldn't believe you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in