Arnold for President? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 06:26 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I vote "No". The constitution has been pretty good for us all this time, no use in changing it for 1 man now. But I think the bottom line is that ever since Ahhnold has come on the political scene even before giving prepoliticla interviews, he had 1 thing on his mind, to imitate Ronold Reagan, something just gnawls in my gut not to trust the guy, I go with my gut each time.

Last edited by Jakarta Expat; 01-16-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 06:33 AM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
I vote "No". The costitution has been pretty good for us all this time no use in changing it for 1 man now. But I think the bottom line is that ever since Ahhnold has come ont he political scene even before he has 1 thing on his mind, to imitate Ronold Reagan, something just gnawls in my guy not to trust the guy, I go with my gut each time.

@#$
Attached Images

post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 07:10 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Benz
Hmmm, I guess I think there are definate advantages of a person entering political life after they have been successful in the "Real world" they are less of a career politician and more of a leader who is interesting in seeing progress.
Perhaps -- in any case, the man is a liberal.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ Benz
Hmmm, I guess I think there are definate advantages of a person entering political life after they have been successful in the "Real world" they are less of a career politician and more of a leader who is interesting in seeing progress.
I agree. The part I like about him is that he is not your normal career politician. He had a humble start in life (unlike Clinton, who eventually got educated) and probably relates better with "normal" people. As a competitive bodybuilder, he is definitely a centered and aggressive person. Which, I think gives him an edge in politics. Being well known and to an extend, still inspiring in the bodybuilding world, would not hurt either. My 2 cents.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Why on earth would you think he relates better to "normal" people? The most famous body builder who ever lived, big time Hollywood movie star, marries into American royalty, instant success (with no previous experience) as governor of the largest state in the nation. What do you find normal about that?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Why on earth would you think he relates better to "normal" people? The most famous body builder who ever lived, big time Hollywood movie star, marries into American royalty, instant success (with no previous experience) as governor of the largest state in the nation. What do you find normal about that?
You forgot he was flat broke when he first came to America. He did not intend to staying in America until he was turned an icon by Joe Wielder after winning his first IFBB Mr Olympia in 1970. He continued to struggle and fame did not find him till it was 1980; after he won Mr Olympia 7 times. He was a struggling bodybuilder trying to make a living. He also worked as road worker in Santa Monica during those lean years, not very far from where he used to train at Venice Beach. Check out his first documentary "Stay Hungry".

I met him in many of my competitions when I was bodybuilding. I listened to many of his speeches. He constantly reminded many aspiring bodybuilders the struggle he endured. Competitions alone did not pay his bills, it was his speeches and magazine interviews did. That was all before he became a movie star. After he got his fame and fortune, he continued to help other bodybuilders he competed against to get a better life. Lou Ferrigno came to mind. Franko Columbo was a doctor to begin with, so he did not need Arnold's help. If it wasn't for him the health craze of the 80's would never have taken off. He turned muscle man image from a taboo to icon.

So I can say I do know him enough to make an educated judgment.

Now, its a different story if people don't like him because his father's Nazi past. That I can understand. If nothing else, he is a poster child of achieving the American dreams. For that, I admire and my hats off to him.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204

Last edited by elau; 01-16-2007 at 01:04 PM.
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I regret not having read this entire thread, but to the first question politely respond, are you fucking high?
The roads in NorCal are a pitiful joke. This area (Ontario) is a sewer.
Mayor Daley For President!!!!

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
I regret not having read this entire thread, but to the first question politely respond, are you fucking high?
The roads in NorCal are a pitiful joke. This area (Ontario) is a sewer.
Mayor Daley For President!!!!
TK,
To answer your question politely - nope. I am not high. Not sure what part of Ontario, CA you are talking about. My impression of Ontario is not bad, at least around the airport. There are even vineyards around that area you can go visit.

I am sure CA has its share of problems. Tell me one State or city has none.

Go visit our Capital, Washington D.C. Roads are full of pot holes, and Anacostia is a sewer; as you put it, which is just across the river from the Capital.

Come visit Baltimore. And leave your MB at home!! I can't even drive my SL into the city because the road on I-295 (as you are driving toward Camden Yard and M&T Stadium) has pot holes that can swallow me whole. My Brabus 19" will not make it two feet in that city.

Been to Buffalo and Albany lately? Those places are in shamble. Even the surrounding areas of Niagara Falls are pretty much dumps. How about Detroit? Minneapolis? Camden? Knoxville? Chelsea (out skirt of Boston)? Queens? The list can go on, but I think you get the point.

I would rather give someone like Arnold a chance as oppose to some rich kid born with a silver spoon and make politics a career like our current President. I don't think Bush ever go hungry for more than a day. If he did, he probably did it out of his own choice.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204

Last edited by elau; 01-16-2007 at 02:34 PM.
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Sorry, no fuzzy furreners allowed.....

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I found my stay in Ontario/Pomona California quite pleasant. We dined at the Pomona Mining Company Steak House, good place to eat. I wasn't too impressed with the fast food, though. We visited a Carl Jr.'s for breakfast and all they had was sour dough. WTF, NO BISCUITS?? The girl didn't even know what a biscuit was!

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in