Due to Bush's superior leadership, Deficit Falls to Lowest Level in 4 Years - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
I just like the phrase in the thread title; "Bush's superior leadership". Man, that's freakin rich stuff, there. Really got my chuckle on.
Methinks the title was a fishing expedition, and it caught exactly what it intended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Actually 16 has been the age of consent in Kentucky.
Go damn those Washington bastards taking away your right to marry your 13 year old cousin like that, makes you want to pickup and move to Alabama.
post #33 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
OK, I'll take one for the team and bite. What has he demonstrated in the past two years to exemplify "great leadership qualities"? I do know that "Stay the Course" thing was well...
Almost everything he has done as President, in the face of falling poll numbers and scathing condemnations from politically motivated people like you--and people who actually matter in the overall scheme of things--has convinced me that he IS a great leader. He listens to people who actually know something about critical issues he has to rule on and does not give a damn about people like you. That is leadership! But I suspect you will have a hard time understanding that. Surprise, surprise, surprise...

Don't believe everything you think
post #34 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:14 PM
inetd

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
The price tag should be decent leadership and the application of common sense, not invasion, occupation, and nation building.
Say - ain't that what the lead-in voice-over was for the old Superman shows?
post #35 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman
Methinks the title was a fishing expedition, and it caught exactly what it intended.
Normally I would agree but the level of delusion is in the Orange Level. History has shown that a fishing expedition would have required planning, not a strong suite of the NeoCons [NewConfused].

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #36 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Go damn those Washington bastards taking away your right to marry your 13 year old cousin like that, makes you want to pickup and move to Alabama.
Not a problem here, I went after one of those Computer Science and Info Science PhD types from Penn. She insures all my facts are square and makes my hell raising seem like amateur hour. She would play on this forum but too many of you guys don't wear a cup and would go crying to admin within hours.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #37 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:21 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
[quote=mcbear]Other than your rights of privacy for your bank records, your credit records, your phone records,You might want to do little research how long this has been used as evidence in a court of law your travel plans out of country, your ability to travel unobstructed from US to Canada You haven't flown much to Canada in the last 15 years have you?or Mexico without Passport, your ability to last minute book air flights without being "checked"I hope they check everybody.. Further, your rights of speech and association have been abridged as domestic groups that have nothing to do with terrorism are still listed on watch lists. Watch list have nothing to do with taking away our free speech.

The BlackBox in your car can now testify against you in a traffic accident without your consent.Thank your nearest insurance company and lawsuits for this not W.Let alone the Judges Crater & Clinton appointed. Sneek and peek search warrants are now allowed, not only for terror GOOD, but for ANY investigation, real or perceived.You'll have to show me proof here, I'm not taking your word! Data collected from investigations, even if investigations prove NO CRIME, are still kept on file and distributed to all LEO.Excellent communication You can be charged and ajudicated with a traffic camera where NO LEO was present to observe the offense, write the ticket, write the summons or address court.This is not NEW...please. All is handled by a for profit corporation. You have no right to confront your accuser.

I can continue to write on this list for the next hour and still not be finished with rights that have changed in the past six years.And they can all be debunk. While some, or most may not affect YOU, or me, they affect someone, and that someone might just be you at some time. Slippery slopes are very hard to stop sliding down.I don't eat yellow or brown snow.
post #38 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
16 here too, buddy. Try Canada, eh? They let 'em get buck wild at 12 years old in some cases.
post #39 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman
post #40 of 97 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
16 here too, buddy. Try Canada, eh? They let 'em get buck wild at 12 years old in some cases.
Since I presume you are a Southern lady with one of those sexy deep slow southern drawls, can you tell where it was down in your neck of the woods that Jerry Lee Lewis made all the commotion of marrying his 13 year old cousin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in