Man sues cops over seizure of 114 frozen felines, dog named Snowy - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Man sues cops over seizure of 114 frozen felines, dog named Snowy

JANUARY 5--A Tennessee man who kept 114 dead cats and a dead German Shepherd named Snowy in three freezers is suing police for seizing and destroying the frosty animal carcasses, which, he claims, had "emotional value" to him and were destined for a pet cemetery he was building. William Davis wants $1.5 million from the Murfreesboro Police Department and other defendants, according to a complaint filed last week in Rutherford County Chancery Court. A copy of the lawsuit can be found below. According to the 75-year-old Davis, police and animal control officers raided his home twice in December 2003 and took the frozen animals, along with 46 cats, one dog, and assorted "wild game meat." Included among the cats removed from his home and later euthanized, Davis charges, were Pixie Bob, Miss Patchwork, and Big Duke. The searches resulted in animal cruelty charges being leveled against Davis since conditions in his two residences were deplorable. A veterinarian estimated that carpeting had a half-inch layer of animal feces ground into it and that the stench was so overwhelming it was hard to breathe through your nose without gagging (Davis pleaded guilty to a single animal cruelty count and was placed on a year's probation). The Davis lawsuit, which was, amazingly, not filed pro se, notes that he was keeping one of the frozen cats so that he could submit the animal to the Guinness Book of World Records. The lawsuit reveals that the cat was exceedingly large at birth. Davis, who's pictured above in a 2006 Rutherford County Sheriff's Office booking photo, contends that he has suffered "emotional pain and suffering" as a result of the government seizures.

Cats In The Belfry - January 5, 2007

Think he will win the suit?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 09:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh My Feline God/Goddess!

Fry the bastard.

There was a good book/movie by Stephen King about cats discovering the demons, "Sleepwalkers" Sleepwalkers (1992).

Last edited by maine_coon; 01-05-2007 at 09:39 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 06:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI, 1995 E300D, 2002 Avalanche
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been in these types of houses. Any old person with more than 4 cats has a problem. The house is usually 85 degrees (F) and there is no evidence of a litter box. The stench is so bad you can smell it outside in the driveway. The ammonia fumes usually end up burning the lungs and nasal passages and aggrevate pre-existing medical conditions.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 07:07 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
My wife and I went to an estate sale. It was a lady who sold Avon products. Innocent enough. We noticed, at arrival, there didn't seem to be very many people around, which was unusual.

When we entered the house, we knew why. When she died, the utilities were cut off allowing foods in the refrigerator to putrify (summertime). That wasn't the worst. She had hoarded so much Avon from a period of 30 years, that is was stacked in boxes to the ceiling in the living room. All the boxes that held the products were faded and, of course, had absorbed the odor of the putrified meats. It was the most sickening sight that I'd ever seen.

The house was so nasty, the carpets (70's shag) was matted with filth and you could only navigate your way through paths she had left to walk through. Every square inch of her kitchen cabinets was filled with unusable trash and her counters were covered in dirty dishes, opened cans, etc. The filthiest place I'd ever seen in my life. I never knew there were people who could live like this.

The guy in charge of the sale would not even go in and he was taking any offer he could get. I told him he needed to burn the house down in a fire department training excercise and he reluctantly agreed.He had called a guy to get the appliances out (the fridge was 2 years old) and when he got there, he said the guy refused them and left. The house, which would have been worth about $100,000 if it had been clean, sold for $31,000. The buyer had to remove ALL drywall and flooring just to get rid of the smell.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.

Last edited by cmitch; 01-06-2007 at 07:10 AM.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: