post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Jun 2005
Vehicle: slk 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Three Cheers for Ryan Air

Yesterday a New Labour nonentity minister described r "the irresponsible face of capitalism"

Ryanair said:

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, which is also Europe’s greenest airline, today (Friday, 5th January 2007) rejected the foolish and ill informed comments of UK Environment Minister, Ian Pearson.

Laughing off Mr Pearson’s attack, Ryanair’s CEO, Michael O’Leary said:

“Being attacked by Minister Pearson (reminds me of Denis Healy’s famous quip) .... is like “being savaged by a dead sheep”. It is clear that Minister Pearson hasn’t a clue what he’s talking about.

1. The recent Stern Report confirmed that the airline industry accounts for just 1.6% of global greenhouse gas emissions. Airlines are neither the cause nor the solution to climate change.
2. Mr Pearson has nothing to say about road transport, which accounts for 18%, or the power generation industry which accounts for over 25% of CO2 emissions, despite the UK Government’s abysmal record on tackling polluting power stations, many of which his own Government owns.
3. Ryanair is Europe’s greenest airline. We have spent in excess of $10bn. over the last five years in acquiring a fleet of brand new Boeing aircraft which have reduced our fuel consumption by 45%, and our noise and CO2 emissions by 50% per seat.
4. Mr Pearson is a Minister of a Government which has like Scrooge this Christmas doubled the air passenger tax on tickets from £5 to £10, grabbing another £1bn. in taxes without doing anything whatsoever to invest this money in the environment.

“Like most politicians, Minister Pearson talks a lot but does little. Unlike politicians, Ryanair has spent over $10bn. to become Europe’s greenest and cleanest airline, a fact recently recognised by the Dutch consumer organisation.

“At a time when aviation generates just 1.6% of greenhouse gasses, isn’t it time that Minister Pearson and other equally foolish politicians actually tackled the real causes of climate change which is road transport and power generation.

“In the meantime, Ryanair will continue to be Europe’s greenest airline while opposing these so called “environmental taxes” which is just another way of greedy politicians grabbing more money from ordinary passengers while doing nothing at all for the environment. To celebrate, Ryanair are releasing 5 million free seats today and these seats can be booked on”

The laughable point is that while these prissy politician lecture to us bloody Blair is holidaying in Miami

I say three cheers for low fares - aeroplanes are far more efficient than railways, which cost billions and lay idle most of the day in fact roads and air travel are far more efficent.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Word! No flies on Michael O'Leary.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
I love to see a sanctimonious politician hoisted so effectively.

Speaking of flies.

No Flies On Frank

There were no flies on Frank that morning - after all why not? He was a responsible citizen with a wife and child, wasn't he? It was a typical Frank morning and with an agility that defies description he leapt into the bathroom onto the scales. To his great harold he discovered he was twelve inches more tall heavy! He couldn't believe it and his blood raised to his head, causing a mighty red colouring.

'I carn't not believe this incredible fact of truth about my very body which has not gained fat since mother begat me at childburn. Yea, though I wart through the valet of thy shadowy hut I will feed no norman. What grate qualmsy hath taken me thus into such a fatty hardbuckle.'

Again Frank looked down at the awful vision which clouded his eyes with fearful weight. 'Twelve inches more heavy, Lo!, but am I not more fatty than my brother Geoffery whise father Alec came from Kenneth -- through Leslies, who begat Arthur, son of Eric, by the house of Ronald and April -- keepers of James of Newcastle who ran Madeline at 2-1 by Silver Flower, (10-2) past Wot-ro-Wot at 4/3d a pound?'
He journeyed downstairs crestfallen and defective -- a great wait on his boulders -- not even his wife's battered face could raise a smile on poor Frank's head -- who as you know had no flies on him. His wife, a former beauty queer, regarded him with a strange but burly look.

'What ails thee, Frank? she asked stretching her prune. 'You look dejected if not informal,' she addled.

"Tis nothing but wart I have gained but twelve inches more tall heavy than at the very clock of yesterday at this time -- am I not the most miserable of men? Suffer ye not to spake to me or I might thrust you a mortal injury; I must traddle this trial alone.'

'Lo! Frank -- thous hast smote me harshly with such grave talk -- am I to blame for this vast burton?'

Frank looked sadly at his wife -- forgetting for a moment the cause of his misery. Walking slowly but slowly toward her, he took his head in his hands and with a few swift blows gad clubbed her mercifully to the ground dead.

'She shouldn't see me like this,' he mubbled, 'not all fat and on her thirtysecond birthday.'

Frank had to het his own breakfast that morning and also on the following mornings.
Two, (or was it three?) weeks later Frank awake again to find that there were still no flies on him.

'No flies on this Frank boy,' he thought; but to his amazement there seemed to be a lot of flies on his wife -- who was still lying about the kitchen floor.

'I carn't not partake of bread and that with her lying about the place,' he thought allowed, writing as he spoke. 'I must deliver her to her home whore she will be made welcome.'

He gathered her in a small sack (for she was only four foot three) and headed for her rightful home. Frank knocked on the door of his wife's mothers house. She opened the door.

'I've brought Marian home, Mrs. Sutherskill' (he could never call her Mum). He opened the sack and placed Marian on the doorstep.

'I'm not having all those flies in my home,' shouted Mrs. Sutherskill (who was very houseproud), shutting the door. 'She could have at least offered me a cup of tea,' thought Frank lifting the problem back on his boulders.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 08:19 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: May 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I knew Ryan Air was cool the first time I flew with them. I was flying from central France to England. Bored, I was skipping through their on-board magazine. In it several times they referred to the French as Frogs. I thought it was cool to see a company that had a non PC sense of humor.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: