LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 06:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
That has not been my experience. I've had almost all Sony's for a very long time and find they outlast other brands by two or three times, w/ virtually no bugs that I can recall. Plus they have the advantage of producing the very best picture quality of anything I have seen. There really is no comparison in terms of longevity or quality, IMExperience. They cost a little more, but I pay it gladly.
On TVs, I like Samsung and Panasonic for their wide color adjustment capabilities because color makes a huge difference in the overall quality of the picture. Sony is okay (the models that I've seen in stores here).

What kind of annoys me is how people are ready to shell out thousands of dollars or reject a TV based on what they see at the stores. The TVs were not adjusted properly for the best viewing experience and surroundings, so why base your judgement on that? The TVs have also been on for maybe up to 10 hours a day, almost 7 days a week, almost everyday of the year. Get what I'm saying?

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

Last edited by asianml; 01-05-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianml
On TVs, I like Samsung and Panasonic for their wide color adjustment capabilities because color makes a huge difference in the overall quality of the picture. Sony is okay (the models that I've seen in stores here).

What kind of annoys me is how people are ready to shell out thousands of dollars or reject a TV based on what they see at the stores. The TVs were not adjusted properly for the best viewing experience and surroundings, so why base your judgement on that? The TVs have also been on for maybe up to 10 hours a day, almost 7 days a week, almost everyday of the year. Get what I'm saying?
I agree. I have never purchased a TV based on what they have on the store floor. Sony XBR's are far superior to Samsung and Panasonic based on its very wide color adjustment capabilities, and many other things. As long as you get the XBR model you get the best quality picture. I have had XBRs for over four decades and tried all other brands and models, and can attest to the XBR's superiority.

Don't believe everything you think
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 2006 ML350
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
^^^ I agree, XBR is the way to go... I am planning to get this one, Sony KDL46XB3...!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KDL46XBR3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	111304  

Thanks, D.

2006 ML 350 - Black, Appearance Package, Navigation System, Entertainment Package, Sunroof Package, Heated Seats, IPod Integration
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 08:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstmb
^^^ I agree, XBR is the way to go... I am planning to get this one, Sony KDL46XB3...!!
That's a beauty!! I have the 32", 40" and 42" of the same model. They just came out w/ that and it is next on my list. It has the newest 1080p technology. And you can't do any better than that!

Don't believe everything you think
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 02:46 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Loewe. No question.

OK B&O are good too.

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in