post #41 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
My firm has been consistently getting me 12-15% on a mix of stocks and MFs.
So I am just going to let it ride and follow their advice. I have not been in the
market that long so things may change. I may go back to real estate speculation
which worked very well for me.
I highly recommend you stay in equities--about half US and hald global--and get some good investment real estate as the third leg on your investment stool. That has been the formula for great long term wealth in recent years. A formula like that can return up to 20-25% year-over-year. But it sounds like you are already doing well.

If you decide to get back into real estate, this site can be useful: http://www.zillow.com/

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 12-29-2006 at 10:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch207
It was a $1.00 bet.

I think I will just stick with my Chinchilla farm.
How's the Chinchilla business these days? My parents used to own a large mink ranch--for about 30 years--and it was very lucrative. We used to look down on Chinchilla as an inferior fur.

post #43 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Saddam should invest in one of these :-
I hear they are going to wack him tonight or tomorrow...

"Going down..."

post #44 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
Quick thread summary
Post whore count - 13 posts
Thread topic count - 19 posts (not bad)
Of those on topic posts 11 were devoted to chill babe and Union Pacific. Hmmm I wonder why?!????? Is it because Union Pacific is a hot stock??? Is it because everyone here is a huge Dow Theorist and wants to talk about how the Dow Transports have yet to confirm the new high in the Industrials and how this nonconfirmation could mean bad things for the current market?? Is it because we're interested in how the total trucking tonnage appears very weak and this does not bode well for transports in general??
It is... because ChilliBabe is a hot stock! Foo!!

post #45 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Quite an anal-yst are you not?
And Yoda you are not!

post #46 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
100,000 USD in to oil futures that come due in June 08
3 producing Oil & Gas Wells
Gold - 4 kg
Silver - 1300 Troy Oz
Sing Dollar & Euro
and stocks some I bought between 12 and 18 months ago are some which I have made a bundle of starting with LFC (just went public on the China Stock exchange. ARA, (Aracruz) TNT (Russian Oil & Gas Co), PTR (PetroChina) WIRE (Metals Co.) AAPL (Apple), GI (Oil Refiner that just got bought out) FTO (Oil Refiner) HAL (Halliburton, (Thanks Dick)

All stocks listed above are on the NYSE

Stocks I am invested in now are the following but these honestly are not loong long term holds, been picking them up over the last 6 moths when the market dipped and will sell them all in the next 6 months METH (Methanol producer), MM (Steel), BGC (Metal Fabrication) ACGY (Oilfield Services & Equipment), CRDN (Aerospace & Defense) CHAP (Steel) STLD (Steel) MTW (Trucks, Construction, Farm Machinery) and OMNI (Oilfield Services)
Are you bragging or complaining? And to which "dip" in the past six months do you refer? Perhaps it is not the US markets in which you participate...

post #47 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 SLK230 Copper
This may not be for everyone but I like it for a long term retirement vehicle.

I like the saftey of Annuities. Your money is protected. (Like O.J. who is still playing golf and how Ken Lay of Enron kept his riches before he died.) The Government even uses Annuities for the military retirements! Teacher retirements are annuities so I figure they are good enough for me!

These are not the old Variable Annuities with all the expensive fees you may have heard of in the past. Actually there are no fees at all.

This company has Annunities that operates off the S&P 500 index. When the market rises, money is made. When the market drops, you are protected from a loss and do not loose anything!

Annuities offer asset protection and tax advantages you won’t find with mutual funds or CDs. They also avoid the probate process and pass directly to heirs, which is an excellent estate planning tool.

There is a cap on the earnings but a small amount taken off the top is better than loosing a lot in a down turn of the market.

Not only that, you can get a 5%-10% bonus on the money rolled into Annuities! Right off the bat you are 5%-10% ahead!

You can pm me if you want the website of the company I use. I don't think I can post a link here but I will try... www.integriplanfinancial.com or integriplanfinancial dot com

Have a prosperous 2007!

2000 SLK230 Copper

Those are the biggest scams of ALL TIME!!!!! They limit the amount of gains you can have, IE the market rises 15% you usually can at max keep 6% OF THAT GAIN! In the down markets you usually will recieve a minimum of 1%, hardly worth the effort since usually in down markets the interest rate rises and you can achieve a much better return through bonds. S&P Indexed Annunities are what they are called and currently are not run through the NASD or SEC oversite. So they can be sold through any LIFE insurance agent who had NO investment knowledge. Hardly someone who I would want to invest with. Secondly any good quality FIXED ANNUNITY will outperform any INDEXED. Saftey is what you want? Go fixed or go home.

Chris

PS Since the INDEXED are NOT condiered investments the dont have a perspectus and its very difficult to read the limits and fees that are hidden from you. Show me ANY INDEXED and I'll show you how crappy it is.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #48 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 10:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Too, you do not recieve DIVIDENDS which account for a GREAT percentage of the S&Ps total return. Im telling you, if you are in one of those you are GETTING SCREWED. And usually they have LONG surrender charges, wonder why?

Chris

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #49 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 11:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
Those are the biggest scams of ALL TIME!!!!! They limit the amount of gains you can have, IE the market rises 15% you usually can at max keep 6% OF THAT GAIN! In the down markets you usually will recieve a minimum of 1%, hardly worth the effort since usually in down markets the interest rate rises and you can achieve a much better return through bonds. S&P Indexed Annunities are what they are called and currently are not run through the NASD or SEC oversite. So they can be sold through any LIFE insurance agent who had NO investment knowledge. Hardly someone who I would want to invest with. Secondly any good quality FIXED ANNUNITY will outperform any INDEXED. Saftey is what you want? Go fixed or go home.

Chris

PS Since the INDEXED are NOT condiered investments the dont have a perspectus and its very difficult to read the limits and fees that are hidden from you. Show me ANY INDEXED and I'll show you how crappy it is.
Annuities--fixed or variable--are generally a BAD idea for most all investors! Hundreds of books have been written explaining why, so I won't try to get into the details. The Fool has a decent article on the subject ( http://www.fool.com/retirement/annui...nnuities02.htm ) but the main reason I would not recommend them is FEES! They will eat you alive, in most cases!! The only exception I can think of is TIAA-CREF. Their annuity fees are generally under 0.05%, and that is exceptional. But I would still avoid them unless you are required to invest there as part of a 403b--non-profit--retirement plan. Then they can be quite good investments. But for most investors, annuities are a very bad idea.

post #50 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
I agree with both of your views. Jayhawk I am starting to gain respect for ya I must be getting more sex or something!
Annuities are also good for endowments and scholarships but like BadBenz says, the skimming (deep that is) of the top is there and your equity barely keeps up with inflation. That's too steep of a price to hedge market downturn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in