Secret? What about Venona, libs? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What the hell are you talking about Dave??
The wiki entry says nothing about Ted Kennedy and does not in ANY way indicate that McCarthy had anything to do with Venona. Your taking disparate things and falsely linking them together to come to the outrageous conclusion that McCarthy was right and history and everyone else were wrong. The link does not support your conclusion. Try again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 08:24 AM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
McCarthy was the worst sort of human being, who never offered a bit of proof against the people whose lives he destroyed.

I'm sure you can name one person unjustly accused by McCarthy.

post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 08:30 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Words fail me
Attached Images

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:06 AM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 481 Post(s)

Answered honestly and with dignity by the Right Honourable (and most) Venerable Von Vershlag ( a train loaded with Remy Martin Louis XIII Grande, Bob Marley Blue Mountain, Bolivian Pink Panes and exotic dancing girls will be at your front door in five minutes ).

It was of course a trick question. McCarthy, scumbag that he was, nailed 'em all good.

The inane suggestion that Julius Rosenberg was 'kind of' not a spy was put to bed with the opening of the Russian archives and any lingering defence of these proven spies, Fuchs, Blunt, Philby et al is embarrassing to decent Liberals.

As I have mentioned before I keep 'Mad Dog' Joe McCarthy chained under my bed and feed him raw meat and I'll let him out if I hear any more of these hilarious fabrications, ..so watch it !

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 09:45 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNZ

Answered honestly and with dignity by the Right Honourable (and most) Venerable Von Vershlag ( a train loaded with Remy Martin Louis XIII Grande, Bob Marley Blue Mountain, Bolivian Pink Panes and exotic dancing girls will be at your front door in five minutes ).

It was of course a trick question. McCarthy, scumbag that he was, nailed 'em all good.

The inane suggestion that Julius Rosenberg was 'kind of' not a spy was put to bed with the opening of the Russian archives and any lingering defence of these proven spies, Fuchs, Blunt, Philby et al is embarrassing to decent Liberals.

As I have mentioned before I keep 'Mad Dog' Joe McCarthy chained under my bed and feed him raw meat and I'll let him out if I hear any more of these hilarious fabrications, ..so watch it !

You are judge, jury, and decider. How modest of you!
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
What "heros of the left"?

McCarthy was the worst sort of human being, who never offered a bit of proof against the people whose lives he destroyed.
He couldn't offer proof. That is the point. Democrats with access to the secret truth could deny the truth because they new it could not be released.

Alger Hess is a hero of the left and is still revered by liberals today.

Here are a few of the people liberals lauded as victims, but were really traitors and identified as such by McCarthy. And for 50 years the left in this country said he was nuts. Then the truth was revealed.

Solomon Adler[70]
Cedric Belfrage[71]
T.A. Bisson[72]
Lauchlin Currie[73]
Gustavo Duran[74]
Theodore Geiger[75]
Haldore Hanson[76]
Mary Jane Keeney[77]
Owen Lattimore[78]
Leonard Mins[79]
Annie Lee Moss[80]
Franz Leopold Neumann[81]
Edward Posniak[82]
William Remington[83]
John Carter Vincent[84]

And still, you don't get it, do you?

This is what hero of the left Edward Murrow said about McCarthy in a story that turned public opinion against McCarthy.

"His primary achievement has been in confusing the public mind, as between the internal and the external threats of Communism. We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men.[51] "

Sound familiar?

Murrow is defending people that were known to be working to destroy the United States. Was Murrow an idiot or a liar?

Last edited by DaveN007; 12-28-2006 at 12:11 PM.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:13 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Mr. WELCH. You won’t need anything in the record when I have finished telling you this.

Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty or your recklessness. Fred Fisher is a young man who went to the Harvard Law School and came into my firm and is starting what looks to be a brilliant career with us.

When I decided to work for this committee I asked Jim St. Clair, who sits on my right, to be my first assistant. I said to Jim, “Pick somebody in the firm who works under you that you would like.” He chose Fred Fisher and they came down on an afternoon plane. That night, when he had taken a little stab at trying to see what the case was about, Fred Fisher and Jim St. Clair and I went to dinner together. I then said to these two young men, “Boys, I don’t know anything about you except I have always liked you, but if there is anything funny in the life of either one of you that would hurt anybody in this case you speak up quick.”

Fred Fisher said, “Mr. Welch, when I was in law school and for a period of months after, I belonged to the Lawyers Guild,” as you have suggested, Senator. He went on to say, “I am secretary of the Young Republicans League in Newton with the son of Massachusetts' Governor, and I have the respect and admiration of the 25 lawyers or so in Hale & Dorr.”

I said, “Fred, I just don’t think I am going to ask you to work on the case. If I do, one of these days that will come out and go over national television and it will just hurt like the dickens.”

So, Senator, I asked him to go back to Boston.

Little did I dream you could be so reckless and cruel as to do an injury to that lad. It is true he is still with Hale & Dorr. It is true that he will continue to be with Hale & Dorr. It is, I regret to say, equally true that I fear he shall always bear a scar needlessly inflicted by you. If it were in my power to forgive you for your reckless cruelty, I will do so. I like to think I am a gentleman, but your forgiveness will have to come from someone other than me.

Senator MCCARTHY. Mr. Chairman.

Senator MUNDT. Senator McCarthy?

Senator MCCARTHY. May I say that Mr. Welch talks about this being cruel and reckless. He was just baiting; he has been baiting Mr. Cohn here for hours, requesting that Mr. Cohn, before sundown, get out of any department of Government anyone who is serving the Communist cause.

I just give this man’s record, and I want to say, Mr. Welch, that it has been labeled long before he became a member, as early as 1944—

Mr. WELCH. Senator, may we not drop this? We know he belonged to the Lawyers Guild, and Mr. Cohn nods his head at me. I did you, I think, no personal injury, Mr. Cohn.

Mr. COHN. No, sir.

Mr. WELCH. I meant to do you no personal injury, and if I did, beg your pardon.

Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
Words fail me
In other words, you are ill-informed and incapable of formulating an intelligent response.

Unlike Shane, who doesn't let that stop him from replying.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koop
Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator. You have done enough. Have you no sense of decency sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?
Apparently you don't know who Fred Fisher was.

The Lawyers Guild was infiltrated by Communists when Fred Fisher was a member. This has been well documented via access to archive materials from the former Soviet Union, and from SHAZAM! project Venona.

An inane impassioned plea is all that it takes to cause liberals to swoon, I guess.

To hell with the facts.

Fisher today would be the "American Taliban" pre-911 and would be defended by dolts like yourself as a religious pilgrim. Like Richard Gere.

Un-fucking believeable.

Last edited by DaveN007; 12-28-2006 at 12:28 PM.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:26 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

In 1951 he declared that Secretaries of State George Marshall and Dean Acheson had conspired to deliver China to the Soviets; and, not least, that they and other American leaders had taken part in a conspiracy against the United States, "a conspiracy on a scale so immense as to dwarf any previous venture in the history of man."

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in