Loonies - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 08:20 PM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Guage is so...
But in the sport of rowing the events are considered to be in meters not kilometers, where as in running both kilometers and or meters are used for measuring of events. Do you realize this?
It's called a 2000 meter rowing event not a 2 kilometer.
Example:
Tactically, it sounds as ludicrous as sprinting the first five kilometres of a marathon. To win a 2000-metre rowing race, the crew must sprint for the first 500 metres.
Rowing is an endurance test that finishes at a speed of up to 10 metres a second. Crews cover the middle 1000 metres at about 40 strokes per minute, but, over the first and last 500 metres.

Athletics (or track and field) Olympic sports. From the 100m dash to the 42.195km marathon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 08:40 PM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by death rattle
Why the presumption of green teeth? Your presumption that I don't own a 'Concept' is however correct. I did think about buying one but decided I would likely row more frequently by having to make the effort to go to the gym rather than look at an expensive clothes horse. Besides, I like the option of using all the other cross-trainers depending on my mood/needs.

The four 'Concepts' at my gym are generally well maintained, de-fluffed and lubricated every day, but I had to request the staff to change the foot straps recently. When they start to lose their grip and allow one's feet to move, the affect on form is dramatic and distracting.

I think you meant "pushed around" ? Let's hope you don't end your days in a wheelchair then. ;-)
Yea, it really sucks when you are in the zone and one of the straps lets go and you have to stop and cinch it tight.
That and I find the seat a wee bit small for my liking. I find myself sliding forward on it.
I hate the whole gym scene.(dirty)Never fails to be a member at the place that thinks he owns it.

Strange I edited at 8:48 and you posted at 8:56
post #53 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 10:11 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
But in the sport of rowing the events are considered to be in meters not kilometers, where as in running both kilometers and or meters are used for measuring of events. Do you realize this?
It's called a 2000 meter rowing event not a 2 kilometer.
Example:
Tactically, it sounds as ludicrous as sprinting the first five kilometres of a marathon. To win a 2000-metre rowing race, the crew must sprint for the first 500 metres.
Rowing is an endurance test that finishes at a speed of up to 10 metres a second. Crews cover the middle 1000 metres at about 40 strokes per minute, but, over the first and last 500 metres.

Athletics (or track and field) Olympic sports. From the 100m dash to the 42.195km marathon.
guage did you get some of that info from this website? http://www.olympic.org/uk/sports/pro...p?SportCode=RO

or are you the actual editor for that site? Nice wordsmithing
Your writing has improved.
DP is offline  
post #54 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 10:51 PM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
guage did you get some of that info from this website? http://www.olympic.org/uk/sports/pro...p?SportCode=RO

or are you the actual editor for that site? Nice wordsmithing
Your writing has improved.
Yes that is where I got my example used to explain the terminology of the measurements concerning running & rowing.
Also the wording is here:
http://www.woaolympians.com/index.ph...id=spt_row.tpl

and
http://www.internationalmedalist.org...escription.htm

also
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/2008/20...ent_668861.htm

http://www.any-sports.com/sport_18.html





© 2006 The Washington Post Company

Last edited by guage; 12-27-2006 at 11:42 PM.
post #55 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:15 AM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Yes that is where I got my example used to explain the terminology of the measurements concerning running & rowing.
Also the wording is here:
http://www.woaolympians.com/index.ph...id=spt_row.tpl

and
http://www.internationalmedalist.org...escription.htm

also
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/2008/20...ent_668861.htm

http://www.any-sports.com/sport_18.html





© 2006 The Washington Post Company
Ah, but you combined them all into a response with no references. Did you do something like that in your writing class? If so, what was a typical grade you got on something like that? Typically in "the not so high learning" environment where I work like you have described it so many times I still give a F for something like this. Don't worry, I am not going to grade yours because I am sure you have a good explanation for this, like it's the Internet or everybody does this anyway, oh or better yet I got around it after you pointed it out, that's it. Again, what do I know? Sorry for the interruption guage, carry on!
DP is offline  
post #56 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 01:33 AM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Ah, but you combined them all into a response with no references.So
Did you do something like that in your writing class?Yes

If so, what was a typical grade you got on something like that?Don't recall

Typically in "the not so high learning" environment where I work like you have described it so many times I still give a F for something like this. Congratulations, is that where you learned to lie?

Don't worry, I am not going to grade yours because I am sure you have a good explanation for this, like it's the Internet or everybody does this anyway, oh or better yet I got around it after you pointed it out,I did?

that's it. Again, what do I know? Very little as far as I'm concerned

Sorry for the interruption guage, carry on!
You going to try and give me a lecture on writing and grammar skills again? You got your face rubbed in it the last time. Or maybe you were drunk?
What is it you teach and where?

PS
Bro;
Does the c in the circle mean anything?
© 2006 The Washington Post Company
or how about (All Rights Reserved) does that have any meaning?

Last edited by guage; 12-28-2006 at 02:11 AM.
post #57 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
I wouldn't take this discussion too seriously. Most asylums do not encourage inmates to establish policy.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
Attached Images
 
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #58 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,511
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
I think time is calling for a tighter rule to stop 1st time spammers and Loonies ,what say you guys .
Probably 90% of my posts in BW have been here in OT. I'm not sure I could come up with 50 to 100 posts on the 107 forum to qualify. By this rule, I probably STILL wouldn't be able to post here...

Oh...I get it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
post #59 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 07:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
asianml's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 11,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Probably 90% of my posts in BW have been here in OT. I'm not sure I could come up with 50 to 100 posts on the 107 forum to qualify. By this rule, I probably STILL wouldn't be able to post here...

Oh...I get it.
Oh come on. Admit it. You R107 guys are whores in hiding.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

asianml is offline  
post #60 of 75 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,511
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianml
Oh come on. Admit it. You R107 guys are whores in hiding.
Hah! If yer ass hadn't been moonlighting on the 107 forum, extending invitations, I'da never known about this place. I spend so much time trying to keep up with all the crap on this forum, I'll probably never find out if Gilligan gets off that damned island.

BTW...that Christmas Grille pic is th' shit!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome