Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi
Chilly, I just had a few beers at some sports bar between Kirkwood and Webster Groves, I can't remember the name of it...about two weeks ago. Nice neighborhood. St Louey seems like a great city.
That narrows it down....

I was sadenned to hear that Krieger's had shut down - apparently a casualty of the NHL lockout. One of my favorite death-defying meals was "The Horseshoe" sandwich.

This weekend, BD needs to find the Schlafly brewery and put down some Oatmeal Stout. Listen to some bands, play some pool, or even eat at the restaurant (which serves suprisingly good food). It's generally downtown, should be able to find it easy enough from the Riverfront.

Oh, and start picking up the Riverfront Times (RFT) free magazine where you see it. You'll be a local in no time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
That narrows it down....
Yeah, your're right, we passed about a hundred of them. I was with a friend, and don't know the neighborhoods. Wish I could remember the name of it, it really was fun.
post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi
Chilly, I just had a few beers at some sports bar between Kirkwood and Webster Groves, I can't remember the name of it...about two weeks ago. Nice neighborhood. St Louey seems like a great city.
hmmm...lemme guess, it was probably Mike Duffey's or Helen Fitzgeralds. Although I'm not in Webster Groves that much, I have been to a bar that was nice, so that might be the one you're talking about but I can't think of the name either lol. Maybe we both drank too much to remember lol But yah Webster Groves/Kirkwood is a nice little quaint town.
post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 12:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
That narrows it down....

I was sadenned to hear that Krieger's had shut down - apparently a casualty of the NHL lockout. One of my favorite death-defying meals was "The Horseshoe" sandwich.

This weekend, BD needs to find the Schlafly brewery and put down some Oatmeal Stout. Listen to some bands, play some pool, or even eat at the restaurant (which serves suprisingly good food). It's generally downtown, should be able to find it easy enough from the Riverfront.

Oh, and start picking up the Riverfront Times (RFT) free magazine where you see it. You'll be a local in no time.

There are other Kriegers bars, I think there is one in St. Charles still, but I didn't know that they were shutting down. BD also needs to visit the Anhueser Busch brewery. He just doesn't realize it yet, because he's probably on ventured out around downtown. But our downtown is having major reconstruction done to get more people to live downtown in lofts and condos that are really nice. I'm not sure if he likes clubs, but we have plenty of clubs here! I like going to this club/bar called the Pepper Lounge, because I know the owner and he's really nice! But it's more upscale, that and Nectar that is the other club/lounge he owns. Both I recommend!
You're right though he needs to pick up a magazine, I like ALIVE magazine but the Riverfront Times has alot to offer too
He'll like it here, he just doesn't know it yet
post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
In a related story, I excreted the most atypical poo the other day. It was the width of a Slim Jim and roughly five feet in length in its coiled state. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Some tight ass you've got there... must be a butt-virgin

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 02:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
In a related story, I excreted the most atypical poo the other day. It was the width of a Slim Jim and roughly five feet in length in its coiled state. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Glad your desire to share on this issue is technologically limited at the moment to text and at most a few visuals. Jim
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz Devil
Oops, I'm so busted. How do you know Gentry's Landing?
I may go down and check out some bars you listed here...but we're expecting severe ice storm.

Well, I won't be here in St. Louis that long. I'm a traveling consultant, and this new project is expected to be done by early April. After that, I'm scheduled to move to NYC as long as my next client won't back off. That's why I moved into Gentry's Landing because they offer month-to-month rent.

I may drive out to suburb this weekend...well, at least I heard west area is better and need to go Men's Wearhouse. But I've never driven on icy road...and as most of you know my Benz is rear-wheel drive.
Most of our Benz's are RWD, but please check out the west area. That ice storm is just going through here and it is not all that bad. Ask Chill_Babe to show you around. She is very cool!!

Don't believe everything you think
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 06:21 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Can we keep the topic on either coast, international, or Texas? Thanks.
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 07:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Can we keep the topic on either coast, international, or Texas? Thanks.
What is worng w/ St. Louis and that beautiful chill_babe? You can't go wrong w/ that combonation!

Don't believe everything you think
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 09:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz Devil
Oops, I'm so busted. How do you know Gentry's Landing?
I may go down and check out some bars you listed here...but we're expecting severe ice storm.

Well, I won't be here in St. Louis that long. I'm a traveling consultant, and this new project is expected to be done by early April. After that, I'm scheduled to move to NYC as long as my next client won't back off. That's why I moved into Gentry's Landing because they offer month-to-month rent.

I may drive out to suburb this weekend...well, at least I heard west area is better and need to go Men's Wearhouse. But I've never driven on icy road...and as most of you know my Benz is rear-wheel drive.
Yah as far the ice storm, that is why I went out earlier because it's starting to freeze rain right now. So I'm stuck here and it sucks
The west is nice, I used to live in Chesterfield, and out there, you'll be surrounded by huge homes, nice shops, especially if you go out to Chesterfield Commons, they also have a Bentley-Maserati dealer out there, so if you're interested in nice cars you can go check that out.
Anyway, be careful this weekend on the roads, and pray that you will have power, because our last ice storm wiped out ALOT of power, like half a million here were without power. So be prepared and be careful driving if you have too. We have an understanding here that something like this happens, it's best to stay in doors....& drink lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in