LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 11:53 AM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
Roasted Red Peppers Stuffed with Fennel

This delightful combination of flavours makes a very attractive first course. I love to serve the peppers on a faded antique plate that I have, which shows off their outstanding colour. The dish needs lots of really good bread, as there's always a profusion of fragrant juices. If you want to make the peppers ahead of time, cover with foil after cooling, but don't refrigerate them as this spoils the fragrant flavour.

Serves 4-6 as a first course

Ingredients
4 large red peppers

2 small bulbs fennel

1 x 14 oz (400 g) tin Italian plum tomatoes

8 dessertspoons extra virgin olive oil

1 rounded teaspoon mixed pepper berries

¾ level teaspoon whole coriander seeds

½ level teaspoon fennel seeds

juice ½ lemon

finely chopped spring onion for garnish (optional)

sea salt

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4, 350°F (180°C).

You will also need a shallow baking sheet (I use a Swiss-roll tin).

Slice each pepper in half lengthways, cutting right through the green stalk end and leaving it intact; though it won't be eaten, it adds much to the look of the thing. Remove all the seeds. Place the pepper halves on the baking sheet, then drain the tomatoes (you don't need the juice), and divide them into eight equal portions, placing each portion inside a pepper half.

Now pare off any brownish bits of fennel with your sharpest knife and cut the bulbs first into quarters and then again into eighths, carefully keeping the layers attached to the root ends. Now put them in a saucepan with a little salt, pour boiling water on them and blanch them for 5 minutes. Then drain them in a colander and, as soon as they're cool enough to handle, arrange two slices in each pepper half. Sprinkle 1 dessertspoon of olive oil over each one, using a brush to brush the oil round the edges and sides of the peppers.

Next, lightly crush the pepper berries, coriander and fennel seeds with a pestle and mortar or rolling pin and bowl, sprinkle these evenly all over the fennel and peppers, and finish off with a grinding of sea salt. Then bake the peppers for about 1 hour on a high shelf in the oven until they are soft and the skin wrinkled and nicely tinged with brown. After removing them from the oven, sprinkle the lemon juice all over, cool and serve garnished with a little finely chopped spring onion or as they are.

This recipe is taken from Delia Smith’s Christmas.
You wouldn't happen to have a sugar cookie recipe would you?
In my opinion this this is the best time of year to bake them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
[quote=my90300E]Gee professor.....looks like YOU may be a bit selective, you may need to read the post above ^^ and get a free edjewcation! Israel made a BIG mistake giving Golan and Gaza back...why did they do it? Ya think it could be world pressure?
Sinai was Egypt's in the first place but hey if you have to go with what's suppose to be Israel then Half of Egypt should go back to Israel. Remember they helped build the pyarmids and all those monuments. What should stop Israel from claiming Egypt huh?
The Golan was never handed back to Syria. Are you mixing Golan with Sinai? You really need an education. Anyway, the Golan belongs to Syria and Isarel's claim is that if it gives it back Syria will want more or may attack from the heights since it gives a broader view of the Isareli teritory.

On the Jewish promotion of education and success....your reply was "everyone has the right to education"....ya missed the point on that one! Check your hair, as something zoomed over your head.
I have no idea what you are talking about. Let me repeat, if a group of people is succesful, good for them, I have nothing against that, so what's your point again?

I would venture to guess you are nothing short of a SLIGHTLY mature "kamil". Or maybe you are kamil.
Kamils is family and he is a good kid. We however have divergent opinions on this same subject. Do you have a problem with that too? Is that anti-American? should we all be singing the same song and agree on everything YOU believe in?

While a fertile vocabulary is nice, the thinking behind it is what counts.
Again, you lost me there

your serve
post #53 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 1990 300E
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Then why resist us? Surrender to our will and give us our oil ayrab boy
I don't want to pay the price with more of our troops and at the expenses of our future generations that we have mortgaged their government with billions to foreign countries so we can finance this war. Why don't you Arabs just give up, huh theboss? If you know that we are doing this for your own good why resist?
Cascade brought up a good point earlier the boss about your brothers in Saudi Arabi not treating Palestinians as equal, why not? Why create more pressure to have more terrorists with your denial of service (DoS)?
Hey what happend to your ambassador here in the US theBoss?

Boss

Forgive the professor....he is the result of a diet of kamil dung.

The professor lets the media make up his mind and thus his "facts" are born. The US is experiencing a breakdown of loyalty.....recent media "coverage" is depicting Israel as the villian.

Boss, I would like to know the general concencus over there on Israel's possibility of a pre-emptive strike on Iran's nuke venture.
post #54 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
[quote=my90300E]

Boss

Forgive the professor....he is the result of a diet of kamil dung.
Leave my cousin out off this

The professor lets the media make up his mind and thus his "facts" are born. The US is experiencing a breakdown of loyalty.....recent media "coverage" is depicting Israel as the villian.
I don't think so, the media is pro-Israeli. I have lived there and seen what I need to see to understand what goes on over there unlike you who actually relies on FOX tv to get the news or build an opinion.
We are not experiencing a breakdown in loyalty we are however starting to wake up and smell the shit our "leaders" have been tossing at us.
Israel is not a villain, it's the idiots that falsely promote Israel's interests by taking the USA to war.

Boss, I would like to know the general concencus over there on Israel's possibility of a pre-emptive strike on Iran's nuke venture.
post #55 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:07 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

ZOOM

COMB YOUR HAIR.

Tell me prof...when, in your opinion, was the Golan Heights and the Gaza Strip taken by Israel??

Please "edjewcate" me.

Your serve
post #56 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by my90300E
ZOOM

COMB YOUR HAIR.

Tell me prof...when, in your opinion, was the Golan Heights and the Gaza Strip taken by Israel??

Please "edjewcate" me.

Your serve
Golan Heights were taken after the 1967 war. The Gaza strip was part of Israel then was under the Palestianian authorities. In 2005 Israel orderd all settlers out off Gaza. does that help?
post #57 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:18 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

READ & RE-READ

http://www.guardian.co.uk/flash/israelhistory_1.swf

I hope its ok to "Google"

P.S. you seem to get lost easy....AMERICAN media has become slanted in direction of the terrorists that Israel is currently (forever) defending itself against.
post #58 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Double Entendre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkscrew
Do you know how the dictionary defines a merkin:

n. A pubic wig for women.
Hence my perverse love for the word. Sorta like the C-word and Jilly
post #59 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
READ & RE-READ

P.S. you seem to get lost easy....AMERICAN media has become slanted in direction of the terrorists that Israel is currently (forever) defending itself against.
Again, I don't need the media or google like you do, I actually know history because I paid attention in class and actually visited those areas. Is that a bad thing?
post #60 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 12:30 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
READ & RE-READ

He has lived in and visited those places.
So that make him the most knowledgeable man in the world on the subject.

In his mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in