Do you have the balls to discuss this article? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 10:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i don't understand why iraq though? saddam was really the most subdued of the bunch in the area.

in political asylum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 2009 BMW Z4, 2005 SLK 200, 2004 S 280
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
False pubic hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist
Yes, we Merkins are a strange and diverse lot, ain't we. But, we don't really count, when it comes to the Merkin stalwart support for ongoing Israeli aggression. The only Merkins that count, are those who entertain K-Street lizards in their Congressional offices and Lincoln bedrooms. Most Merkins want to raise the minimum wage, downsize government, pull out of Iraq, create a universal healthcare system, or simplify the tax code, but when did those initiatives last gain any political traction?

Merka's immoral support for Israel is bound up in the political/lobby process, not the popular will.

I suspect your support for Israel can be boiled down to a three letter word, which seems to undergird the rest of your foreign policy agenda.
Do you know how the dictionary defines a merkin:

n. A pubic wig for women.

2009 BMW Z4, 2014 MB 300S BLUETEC HYBRID, 2005 MB SLK 200
post #23 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBLR
Now really this again brings a post to mind that I did some time ago somewhere here..... this is just another reason why USA should stop trying to be the world policeman simply because of the influence of the mega buck lobbyers and the weakness of many of the jerks in the goverment who pretend to serve in our best interest.
Israel's folks are by no means dumb they know very well who to buy out to get what they want and I would not be surprised if they even have a special class just to train them in the art of doing just that.
Now don't label me anti semitic because that would just simply be a hogwash way to avoid the truth of the matter and that is Everyone has the right for a place to live in peace and not have the home bulldozed down because someone else does not want you there.
Also folks have the right to not live in fear of the next place some missguided person going to blow em self up!
But what brings people to such measures? the desire for freedom from being put down and pushed around becomes so strong that they fail to realize that there are others who are willing to manipulate them and use them for goals that are far darker than many realize.
Israel's way of handling people that are not Jewish is a strong factor in the way things are going and will continue to evolve you simply can not treat people like shit and expect them to not shit on you first chance they get.
"Good people tend to do good things. Bad people tend to do bad things. But to get good people to do bad things....well, that takes religion."

post #24 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Professor,

I really learned some new things today about Israel and Palestine and I thank you, but after reading your reply to what I said I have the feeling your tilt on the whole thing is based on some anti Isaeli thinking ( I think)

I really didn'tt know the Israeli lobby was the ONLY one in the USA. However, you say that Neyanyahu's goal is to goad the USA into invading Iran. OK, let's assume for the moment it is true for the sake of argument at least. Why would he want to do it? To me that's an easy one, he has heard Ahmadinejad say in Iran that he wants Israel wiped off the face of the map. You hear some guy who's the leader of Iran, who is busy makeing his own nukes say that about you, wouldn't YOU be scared too - and do everything you could to ensure it didn't happen, to ensure your country Israel isn't wiped out, in sheer numbers of population you have a small fraction of their army, so maybe you'd ask your friends to help you, and if that didn't work, try to get them by persuasio to help you? So, then he's trying to convince Bush to help him save Israel from extermination by invading the place threatening him, which is Iran.

A crude ploy perhaps, but I dont blame him for trying it.

I've never been to that part of the world personally, (though once back in about '83 I had a chance to go R/T for $600 on a presbyterian church trip because Israel was desparate for tourists that Christmas, a very heavy terrorist season was happening at the time. So I didn't go. I get the idea either you have gone or know it lots better than me.

But even if so, I doubt your claim that Palestine was set up as a concentration camp for Palestinians by the Jews. That sounds unbelievable (if you meant that.)

They had, in times of peace, the right to travel freely to Israel and Jerusalem, subject only to security checks for ID and hidden bombs and weapons, sounds OK to me....

You glossed over someof the other points I made (Im only working here on one window so I cant go back and forth point by point) so I guess you don't dispute them. One is that indeed the Palestineans are treated like dirt in Saudi, they are Both Arabs,k right, (or are the Sunni Wahabi sect different and superior to the Palestinians, and therefore dirt) so the Saudis with their millions and millions, could give them good jobs, education and a shot at a decent life in Saudi, even if if was 2nd class to their millionaire lifestyle? They could, but didn't, happy to let them stand by and suffer, and become embittered terrorists and hostage takers.

And just for the record, let's be CLEAR that Palestinian hostage taking, the Klinghoffer murder, Munich 1972, terrorist acts against the USA or Israel does NOTHING to endear USA or Israel for sympathy, if well deserved to the Palestinian cause for their "homeland"

So a few thousand of them lost their homes in 1948 but didn;t give up their deeds? Give me a break. Even I know this very land has been contested for 3000 years, who got there first? The Palestinian Arabs might actually lose that one, too, because the Islamic religion only got started in 622 AD, bnut Judaism existed for a couple of thousand years BC., so maybe they had the land first, the Islamics took it from them and built the Dome of the Rock over their Temple, and now the Jews got the land back again.

There is nothing about the Palestinians that prevents them fronm getting an education, emigrating to the USA like the jews did, we welcome all foreigners, in theory anyhow. Sorry to profile them but instead just toomany commited acts of terror, so they will be scrutinised now, harder. That's just bad luck for them. But we have plenty of Jordanians here in Calif, Lebanese too, and look at all those good Syrians and Iraqis living in Detroit, Afghanis in Fremont. Calif.

And from my Jewish friends and college I do know one thing about Judaism, it embraces a reverence for knowledge like few other faiths do, and hence, an abnormal success rate for Jewish professionals. in the arts, journalism, politics, law, finance and business.

Youve got to admit the result of that success is in many ways antisemitism!

In the same way the teeming Palestinian people in the camps are seen by many whose only skills are limited to milking a goat and stripping down an AK 47, neither of which makes them prime candidates for an H 1 Visa to the USA, right?

I'll post this now and them go back and look again at what you wrote in red, maybe I can add more.

I think you have an interesting POV but unlike mr BTNST I don't dismiss it out of hand, we agree on some things I think, but to be honest with you I think you lean WAAAY to far in the Arab or anti jewish point of view towards Israel.

Understand I do NOT tghink you are unpatriotic. Cut a wide swath arounhjd Kamil, he's just another self absorbed kid, mere dust in the wind
post #25 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-21-2006, 11:40 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Hi Professor, a couple of more things I noticed, in what you said, first, if it's true that the IPAC lobby is the only one of it's kind, it's up to the Palestineans to either try to get the USA public to outlaw it if it is against the law as you say, OR to mount an equally vigorous effort to launch their own lobby.

It's true they are a tiny minority in the USA today compared to the Jewish minority here, but it's a free country for Islamic people too, they can take advantage of our freedoms too. But usually, all we hear from them is a silence from them. For that matter, all we hear from most Islamic lands is a silence about ISLAMIC acts of terror.

Oh but, they ARE capable of protest and rage. Just publish some Danish cartoons, or have a pope suggeswt theheirs might be a religion of violence, and watch the howls and chorus of rage, screaming, and protest. Little selective rage to me "Behead all those who say Islam is violent"

In'shallah
post #26 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 02:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
My son can't be called up or otherwise drafted into that Iraqi clusterfuck. Thank God.
I note that Bush wants more US troops on the ground there - all someones sons/brothers/grandsons/fathers etc. - more ammo for the fight for 'freedom' (?).
What IS the point, and how come a tiny arsed state like Israel still sways your voted employees (politicians) to support the whole crappy scenario.
Is oil Iraqi the real reason or just the excuse needed?.
My perspective is from an outsider to what is happening on the ground in Iraq - but it still pisses me off.
post #27 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 02:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Here are some BBC maps of the area from the 1920's onward:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...el_founded.stm

post #28 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 02:26 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Roasted Red Peppers Stuffed with Fennel

This delightful combination of flavours makes a very attractive first course. I love to serve the peppers on a faded antique plate that I have, which shows off their outstanding colour. The dish needs lots of really good bread, as there's always a profusion of fragrant juices. If you want to make the peppers ahead of time, cover with foil after cooling, but don't refrigerate them as this spoils the fragrant flavour.

Serves 4-6 as a first course

Ingredients
4 large red peppers

2 small bulbs fennel

1 x 14 oz (400 g) tin Italian plum tomatoes

8 dessertspoons extra virgin olive oil

1 rounded teaspoon mixed pepper berries

¾ level teaspoon whole coriander seeds

½ level teaspoon fennel seeds

juice ½ lemon

finely chopped spring onion for garnish (optional)

sea salt

Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4, 350°F (180°C).

You will also need a shallow baking sheet (I use a Swiss-roll tin).

Slice each pepper in half lengthways, cutting right through the green stalk end and leaving it intact; though it won't be eaten, it adds much to the look of the thing. Remove all the seeds. Place the pepper halves on the baking sheet, then drain the tomatoes (you don't need the juice), and divide them into eight equal portions, placing each portion inside a pepper half.

Now pare off any brownish bits of fennel with your sharpest knife and cut the bulbs first into quarters and then again into eighths, carefully keeping the layers attached to the root ends. Now put them in a saucepan with a little salt, pour boiling water on them and blanch them for 5 minutes. Then drain them in a colander and, as soon as they're cool enough to handle, arrange two slices in each pepper half. Sprinkle 1 dessertspoon of olive oil over each one, using a brush to brush the oil round the edges and sides of the peppers.

Next, lightly crush the pepper berries, coriander and fennel seeds with a pestle and mortar or rolling pin and bowl, sprinkle these evenly all over the fennel and peppers, and finish off with a grinding of sea salt. Then bake the peppers for about 1 hour on a high shelf in the oven until they are soft and the skin wrinkled and nicely tinged with brown. After removing them from the oven, sprinkle the lemon juice all over, cool and serve garnished with a little finely chopped spring onion or as they are.

This recipe is taken from Delia Smith’s Christmas.
post #29 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 02:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Rubbish! - those spring onions should be compulsory.
post #30 of 102 (permalink) Old 12-22-2006, 03:07 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Onions are the NAZI's of vegterbubbles ......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in