I think I just escaped death....i feel like a pussy - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:45 AM
KamiL

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I think I just escaped death....i feel like a pussy

Ok guys....this is some crazy **** that just happened to me.

Well, it was exactly 4:10AM as I'm finishing off my project for school. I just printed everything in my dad's office which is located in the basement of our house. I needed to punch holes in the paper so I could put them in a binder to make it look presentable. After a few minutes of searching I found the hole puncher but it was really really dusty. For some odd reason I decided to open the door which leads to our driveway in order to dust it off outside.

As I open the door I look up the driveway and I notice a guy sitting in my Audi TT while another guy is just getting in the passenger side (the car was parked on the street right by the driveway entrance). I actually stood there for a good 5 seconds before I realized what was going on, it just seemed so surreal at the moment. It's strange to see people going inside your car so it takes some time to realize what the heck is going on. Well, I ran up the driveway screaming "YOU MOTHER****ERS" while I'm holding the hole puncher in my hand. The guy in the passenger side quickly closes the door and all of the sudden I hear my car start and I saw it move a bit. Since Audis come with some anti-theft device the car kept turning off in a second. I was right next to the door yelling at the mother****er to get the hell out and after they noticed the car couldn't move they both started screaming they were going to kill me.

They were both reluctant to get out but then I noticed the guy in the passenger side take out something made out of metal and tried to open the door while screaming I'M GOING TO KILL YOU. I took the hell off and ran so quickly down my driveway that I busted my butt pretty badly (I'm in shape as I run and rollerblade all the time). My palms are so freaking scraped but thank god they didn't follow with whatever weapon they had. I'm not too sure why I busted my butt but my body was in front of my legs for a good 10 strides and I was unable to catch my balance. (my dad said my mind was going quicker than my legs....I've never tripped like this in my life).

Needless to say, as I was getting into the house I took a quick glance and I noticed the both of them taking off down the block. I ran down my driveway to look down the block and they took off in a white Honda Civic hatchback with one of those loud exhausts. I ran back in the house where my dad was running downstairs asking what just happened since he heard loud noises outside and saw my car sitting in the middle of the street with the driver door opened. So I called the police and they took my info down but I know they will not do anything. Both of the thieves looked about 20 or so and both were of Hispanic descent....looked Dominican to me.

When the cops arrived I asked them if it would have been alright if I began hitting them with the hole puncher which is a solid piece of metal. The cops replied that they would have looked the other way and not said anything. I doubt I would have done that anyway.....once I saw the guy take out some metal looking crap I decided to run. After all, deductable is only 500 bucks so it's not worth getting hurt or even killed.

We pushed the car in our driveway since I cannot start it. The ignition is gone and the only way to turn on the accessories in the car was with a screwdriver. They also left a huge rock in the car...the cop said they use that to pound the screwdriver in the ignition. The other thing that was screwed up in the car was the door lock and all the metal around it....it's pretty much shot in that area.

To be honest with you guys, I have not felt this much energy in my life. I feel like I am floating right now and I'm so awake for never going to bed yet....it's 640am right now and I feel like I can run a 10000 mile marathon.

I'll be getting the car towed to a dealership soon, probably after my exams are over on Friday.
I'm sort of mad but I'm over it already. No need to ruin my day or week since it's just money but I kind of feel violated in a strange way. So many I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS AND THAT are running through my head right now.

In the end I think I did the right move by not actually engaging in a physical fight with the two hoodlums and possibly getting hurt. But damn, I wish I would have swung that hole puncher at the passenger's head.

Hopefully all you guys are doing well.....I'll be back soon after exams are over.

Close up of ignition....what's left of it

Another look at the igniton

The actual ignition part which was left on the floor

The door....look at all the bends in the metal

The rock left in car as my dog is checking it out...he's getting ready to follow their scent

The Weapon..... :thumbup: The remnants of dust are still present ; I think you can figure out which side I was holding it by.

Last edited by KamiL; 12-18-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Glad you're okay.

Those thieves must've been dumb as hell for trying to steal an Audi. Everybody knows not to steal a high-end German car, not only is it almost impossible...but it can be tracked.

2002 Mercedes-Benz ML320 (sold)
2011 Chrysler Town & Country
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic
2002 Jaguar X-Type 2.5

post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 04:58 AM
KamiL

will post pics in a few minutes....
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:01 AM
Boring Cars...meh!

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 81 280E, 84 500SEC, 87 560, 89 "300E", 91 500SL, 15 E350 4Matic Estate, 71 BMW 2002, +others
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Ah man,I told them a thousand times to quit using rocks as hammers! I can't believe they botched this bad,I warned them!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/nutz4benz/W123/6C3A9CA5-EDFF-4834-8125-34B70B20A676_zpsiyesrawz.jpg
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:17 AM
guage

It's good you were not hurt.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:40 AM
KamiL

Two things I learned from this experience:

1. Only buy German Cars
2. Never approach thieves when they are doing their thing

Last edited by KamiL; 12-18-2006 at 05:49 AM.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:44 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiL
One thing I learned from this experience:

1. Only buy German Cars
2. Never approach thieves when they are doing their thing
Those are two things, Einstein.
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 2007 GL450 PremEd, 2007 SL550, 2004 E320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"After all, deductable is only 500 bucks so it's not worth getting hurt or even killed."

.... From the mouths of babes. That line gave me a chuckle.

Wild story. Reads like a novel. Im glad you're ok.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 05:55 AM
KamiL

I have no idea why but something crazy always happens in my life. Sometimes it's good and other times it's bad but things just keep happening. I also have that strange luck that follows me around....what are the odds that I would walk outside at 4am to catch thieves stealing my car. What are the odds that I parked my car in the street today when it's always always parked in the driveway. Then again, what are the odds that I parked right at the top of our driveway so I can see the car.

Crazy stuff.

Last edited by KamiL; 12-18-2006 at 05:58 AM.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 07:23 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiL
I have no idea why but something crazy always happens in my life. Sometimes it's good and other times it's bad but things just keep happening. I also have that strange luck that follows me around....what are the odds that I would walk outside at 4am to catch thieves stealing my car. What are the odds that I parked my car in the street today when it's always always parked in the driveway. Then again, what are the odds that I parked right at the top of our driveway so I can see the car.

Crazy stuff.
I am sincerely glad you and the car are okay. Perhaps you should consider changing your screen name to "KarmA".....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in