What is the States coming to when a girl cannot go out and have a little fun - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
What is the States coming to when a girl cannot go out and have a little fun

Miss USA Dethroned?

TMZ has learned that officials from the Miss USA pageant will make a "major announcement" today and may strip reigning Miss USA Tara Conner of her title due to inappropriate behavior.

Sources tell TMZ that executives from the Miss USA organization and NBC (which broadcasts the pageant) met Tuesday to discuss Conner and alleged incidents of her inappropriate behavior, including her conduct at New York City bars. While no one from the pageant would comment on the rumored troubles, several sources tell TMZ that a big announcement is expected some time Thursday. According to these sources, officials are extremely unhappy with the current Miss USA's conduct in public.

Pageant rules say that if Connor is removed, first runner-up Miss California Tamiko Nash will assume the duties of Miss USA and complete the remainder of the beauty queen's reign. When TMZ contacted a rep for Nash, we were told they could "neither confirm nor deny" that she would be taking over the title.

Twenty-year-old Conner, who hails from Russell Springs, Kentucky, was crowned Miss USA in April of 2006.

TMZ contacted the NBC publicist, we traded phone calls but were unable to get any official comment.
Jakarta Expat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 10:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gotta love them KY girls
yoseyman is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 10:43 AM
BenzWorld Veteran
 
BackRoll23's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 99 E 320
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BackRoll23 Send a message via MSN to BackRoll23 Send a message via Yahoo to BackRoll23
I wonder what "inappropriate behavior" she was doing?

"The radio business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."---Hunter S. Thompson
BackRoll23 is offline  
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 10:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I promised I wouldn't tell
yoseyman is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 11:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Check Codes's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: '01-E320 & 02-ST2
Location: John 15:18-19
Posts: 31,634
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Yeah, it's painful to look at her...


Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. (Winston Churchill)
Check Codes is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 12:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,495
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat
Miss USA Dethroned?

TMZ has learned that officials from the Miss USA pageant will make a "major announcement" today and may strip reigning Miss USA Tara Conner of her title due to inappropriate behavior.

Sources tell TMZ that executives from the Miss USA organization and NBC (which broadcasts the pageant) met Tuesday to discuss Conner and alleged incidents of her inappropriate behavior, including her conduct at New York City bars. While no one from the pageant would comment on the rumored troubles, several sources tell TMZ that a big announcement is expected some time Thursday. According to these sources, officials are extremely unhappy with the current Miss USA's conduct in public.

Pageant rules say that if Connor is removed, first runner-up Miss California Tamiko Nash will assume the duties of Miss USA and complete the remainder of the beauty queen's reign. When TMZ contacted a rep for Nash, we were told they could "neither confirm nor deny" that she would be taking over the title.

Twenty-year-old Conner, who hails from Russell Springs, Kentucky, was crowned Miss USA in April of 2006.

TMZ contacted the NBC publicist, we traded phone calls but were unable to get any official comment.
She can do whatever she likes. Just not if she wants to be Miss America.
DaveN007 is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:10 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: '09 B200, '05 Smart
Location: Ontario - Canada
Posts: 980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN007
She can do whatever she likes. Just not if she wants to be Miss America.
Not sure if I get that one -

lemme see - all these chicks run half naked down a runway - get voted on like cattle at a slaughter barn, then the winner gets canned if going somewhere else half naked?

Have I got that right ???
Misfit is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:17 PM
SL600 V12
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Are we just learning that the Miss USA pageant is just a modern day extension of old school male chauvenism in which a girl is expected to look pretty, parade around like a piece of pork, and then expected to act like a little angel or be denounced as the devil and outcasted from society just like was expected of just about any woman 60 years ago?

Conservatism at its finest, and most ignorant.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jillian80's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL600 V12
Are we just learning that the Miss USA pageant is just a modern day extension of old school male chauvenism in which a girl is expected to look pretty, parade around like a piece of pork, and then expected to act like a little angel or be denounced as the devil and outcasted from society just like was expected of just about any woman 60 years ago?
Jeez--what a feminazi bitch.

Jillian80 is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 01:32 PM
BenzWorld Extremist
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: '09 B200, '05 Smart
Location: Ontario - Canada
Posts: 980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80
Jeez--what a feminazi bitch.

Or feminista bitch ???
Misfit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
This Girl Is Almost There mercedes84black W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 21 03-18-2007 09:49 AM
is it really this way in the States now? Jakarta Expat Off-Topic 62 12-01-2006 06:50 AM
I'm such a girl - Help! sarahw W202 C-Class 10 11-27-2006 02:09 PM
To the States==> TicoLC W201 190-Class 5 03-12-2005 02:01 PM
20"rims with Z-rated tires + 4" of fluffy snow = FUN FUN Chris Krikorian W163 M-Class 2 12-09-2001 08:12 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 

Title goes here

close
video goes here
description goes here. Read Full Story
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome