Saudi Ambassador resigns in protest ovr ISG,Saudi threats to enter Iraq War if US gos - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
can it be "Dreams come true"?

- USA witdraws;
-Iran enters on th shiite side;
-Saudi enters on the Sunnite side.

All is well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I guess so, I think they must feel like Bush is at his weakest, we need to rise up and tell them it ain't so, or is it too late?
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon
can it be "Dreams come true"?

- USA witdraws;
-Iran enters on th shiite side;
-Saudi enters on the Sunnite side.

All is well.
All is well? That would wipe us out. But now the US's sixty year effort to keep the Arabs divided will be reversed. Arabs from different Arab countries, armed to the teeth, will spread all over the Middle East. What do you think will happen to the price of oil if Iran/Syria and an Egypt/Saudi/Turk alliance gets into it? Bush has created a mini-world war among the people who control our oil supply. This would be a disaster for us. Economic collapse. No UN now either, we destroyed it. The perfect storm.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 12-12-2006 at 09:25 PM.
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:27 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Bush is smart he will get us out off this mess
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
I guess so, I think they must feel like Bush is at his weakest, we need to rise up and tell them it ain't so, or is it too late?
We never geared up for a global war. He kept the defense establishment the same size, and has ground it down in Iraq. We should have been on a Total War footing on 9-12-2001, instead the repugs have passed out the tax cuts and turned our armed forces into worn out shit. We simply would not be ready for this, and it will move to fast for us once it starts, and the politically instability that follows could be as bad as the war, and you can't fight that without millions of troops.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:29 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Oh, well FTL, I guess you and I are going to get drafted for WWIII after all. You know in WWII they had a name for the old geezers like us that went to serve, I can't remember what it was.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
IIRC, it was called "The Goat Patrol"

post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
IIRC, it was called "The Goat Patrol"
LOL LOL LOL, no there was another one, I don't remember anyome, I like that the goat patrol hehehehe
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is scary when you think of the possibilities but here is what I read on the wire....maybe there are some who can prevent what FTL has placed as a possiblitie of an outcome:

Asked whether the war in Iraq made the world less safe, Turki said even if the United States had not invaded, global terrorism would have continued. "Going into Iraq may have accentuated or accelerated that process, but I don't think it is the reason why we are having bombs in London or in Saudi Arabia or wherever," he said.

On Iraq, Turki said he, too, was surprised that weapons of mass destruction were not found there, given Saddam Hussein's ambitions. "We were all assuming that he was working toward acquiring the means for weapons of mass destruction, but there was no specifics," he said.
While Turki described Saudi Arabia's relations with Iran positively, he said the Iraqis report "increased interference" from Iran as they establish their government, including the takeover of village councils and intimidation in the election process.
"We express to our Iranian neighbors that that is not going to be helpful," Turki said.

Well if WWIII is upon us, I too will join in the frey.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 12-12-2006, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
It came about because most of the WWI officers had the long mustaches and pointy little beards popular in their day, while the new guys styled out after Sinatra and Dino, clean shaven cool swing kids. The term "old goat" all come from slang from that time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in